1997 Toyota Camry

Based on 1043 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, January 11, 2009

"Bought this vehicle at auction as a "filler" car until I could find something better. Bought with lots of miles (260K), cheap, had to do a few maintenance things when I first bought it, since I didn't know anything about it (timing belt, some seals, and an half shaft) - other than tires, a battery and oil changes, it hasn't needed anything but regular maintenance and gas. I drive it over 500 miles a week, great commute car. It now has over 325K miles on it - still going strong, starts every time and still gets 29 MPG (4 cyl). I bought it as a filler, but it just won't die. Heat is hot, air will keep beef cold, even in Oklahoma summers. I'm afraid I may own it forever, can't seem to kill it and no one wants it because of the miles, but I would trust it to drive anywhere. I drove it to Houston last summer, no problems and over 31 MPG. We will likely buy another one for my wife in the future."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"I bought my used 2000 Toyota Camry Ce in 2002 with 15000 miles. It is a excellent car. Obviously it is not built for superb speed like an Infiniti G37 or luxury like Bentlys, but my Camry is an excellent car for it's price. I just do all my scheduled maintenance and it runs fine. Also if you know how to use the horse power it does provide (stopping and accelerating at the correct times) your passengers might start doubting it has only 133 horse power like mine do. I have 67000 miles on my car now and I heard it normally goes to 300000+. My only complaint would be the rear cup holder is quite fragile and was broken since I purchased my used Camry."

Seriously, love this car!

By on Monday, March 30, 2015

Pros: "Low price, great quality, smooth ride"

"This car is amazing. I have never had any serious issues with it. It was my first car and it is still going strong. These cars are so reliable. I would highly recommend them for someones first car. You can always count on them! I would recommend an older model of this car, mine is the 1999, because I knew someone with a brand new one back in 2012 and they had driven my car and compared it to theirs, mine was better because it was better in snow, felt cozier, and it was easier to drive. Unless you can actually afford a brand new 2015, I would go with an older model."

Great car. Great shape and care.

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

Pros: "Outstanding vehicle"

"Car is 1 owner. Garage kept. Low miles. Always serviced. Has TDS theft deterrent system. Gets great milage and is rock solid dependable."

Extremely reliable car.

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Low cost to maintain, lots of storage."

"I bought my 99 Camry in 2007 with 134k on it. I have since put almost 120k on it. In Non-scheduled maintenance I have put less than $300 into the car. I have driven this car in extreme conditions from mountain dirt roads to sliding on ice and snow in Missouri, it definitely shows its age from use, but mechanically it is still in great shape"

Excellent

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Cant think of any"

"Best car I've ever had by far. I've only had one problem other than regular wear and tear type maintenance. Had to have the EGR vacuum switching valve replaced when the Check engine light came on. Other than that, only had the brake pads replaced once and regular oil changes and tires are all i've had to do to it. Wayyy better than any vehicle i've had in the past. Only car i've had with such few problems. I plan on driving it a few more years to at least 200k."

The best car I have ever owned

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

"This is the best car I have ever owned. I will never own anything other than a Toyota Camry in the future. Extremely reliable and everything you could want in a car!!"

very good car

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "quick to start & stop even in deep snow"

Cons: "leather package was installed at dealer not good"

"regular service, driven pretty hard, mom is hard on stop and go, replaced a head light, battery, never been stranded, wood buy a new 1 but this 1 is still awsome"

Excellent car!!!!!

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "Exellent value, built to last, great price,"

Cons: "nothing I can think of."

"We bought this car brand new back in December 1997 with the odometer read 3 miles on it. As of today it read 204995 miles on the odometer (1/10/2013) We did a timing belt changed twice. Oil changed every 3-6 mos, drove cross country and back, from Kansas to Oklahoma, to Oregon, back to KS then to Florida then back to KS again. It was a great car for us and also was a great first car for our son. Sadly, we may have to part with it as he got hit from behind and it may have to be total. The car still running great, and would have probably last us a few more years. A wonderful car, too bad they don't make it like it used to be."

Love this car - easy to drive - great acceleration

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable and easy to drive."

Cons: "Price"

"Bought this car new and love it. It handles well, is comfortable, and has good acceleration. It still looks sharp, too. The only problems I have had in 13 years are: batteries, replaced the alternator once and replaced the driver side window motor. I have kept the oil changed religiously more often at 3000 miles than the Toyota recommended 5000."