1996 Toyota Camry

Based on 639 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

One of the best - mechanically going strong.

By on Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pros: "Great value, reliable transportation"

Cons: "Overall integrity has degraded, but it is understandable for a 17 year old car"

"Minor problems with power windows and interior wear and tear. Had engine seal replaced but no other issues."

Great reliable car for a great price

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pros: "Great price, Easy to drive, very reliable."

Cons: "Cup holders are a little too small."

"I have had this car for about a year and am looking to get something new, This was my first car that I paid for myself. If you're looking for a car that is not brand new but still runs like it is, this is the perfect car for you."

Value! Value! Value!

By on Monday, June 21, 2010

"My 2,4L, 4 cyl 1996 Camry LE is the most economical and dependable car I've ever owned. While lacking in acceleration (dog) and economy diminishing at higher highway speeds and "stop-n-go" driving, at 62 MPH with the "Cruise" on, it REALLY does get 31 to 34 M.P.G. on "regular" gas. It now has 144,300 miles on it (I bought it with 83,000 miles), burns almost NO oil, starts instantly, and has NEVER been towed or needed any serious repairs. It's depreciated $1740.00 since I bought it and added 62,300 miles. In short, it costs me less than 3 cents a mile in depreciation, runs perfectly, and owes me not a single cent. It's also very comfortable, not cramped, with a great sound system. For the economy-minded person it's an "11" on a scale of 10!!"

I'm spoiled by this car!

By on Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"I currently own a 1996 camry and have had it for 5 years. Today I test drove a new 2010 Camry and was suprised to find that my '96 and the '10 drive very much the same, shifting was evenly as smooth, both rides glide over the road, and each lends itself to virtually no road noise. After driving the '10 I realized what an awesome car I have sitting in my driveway and how lucky I am not to have a car payment. One day I will replace my '96, but as far as I'm concerned its right up there with the new camry in terms of quality and ride. Way to go Toyota for building such an awesome car!"

Good car worth keeping

By on Monday, June 1, 2009

"I bought my 1996 Camry new and still driving it. I had to have the AC replaced about 5 years ago, there was an issue with the starter about one year ago and I had it fixed pretty cheap. The driver side door handle broke and I had to replace it. This car drives very well and everytime when I had the idea of getting a new car, I ended up checking my 96 camry and felt it would be good for years to come. So I am stilling driving it."