1996 Toyota Camry

Based on 640 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

Best Vehicle I ever owned

By on Sunday, May 17, 2009

"Bought my 1995 Camry LE 6 cyl. in 2001, it had 81,000 miles on it. I drove it until 2008 and when I gave it to my daughter, it had 216,000 miles on it, ran like a top. My daughter is still driving it, never any trouble, it now has 225,000 miles on it and going strong! I bought another Toyota Camry in 2008, it was used one year (a 2007 model) this one is a CE with a 4 cyl. because I heard the reports on the new 6 cylinder engines was bad. I hope the 2007 lasts as long as my 1995 did, with only routine maintenance. Did have to replace a couple of inside and outside door handles on the front doors, and had to have the rack and pinion steering worked on once, but total expenses for this was about $450.00 I couldn't have been happier with a car."

Pretty nice.

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"I have owned my 1993 Toyota Camry LE for a few months now, bought used for $1900. It was a steal in the condition it is in. The only issues that I have noticed that is also with other Camry's is the interior Dome light has issues sometimes, the engine has a sludge problem, and the steering column somehow looses the screws which holds it into place. Also, after about 10 years, the door handles start to crack and break, and the hood struts begin to fail. The dash board is also prone to discoloration, as the once blue dash on my vehicle is now sea green... though this is fixable. Other things with the interior bug me.. the center console has cracks under the dash where the two meet, but you can't really see it. My vehicle is the 16 valve, 2.2 liter 4 cylinder, and i couldn't be more impressed with the engines punchy-ness. Pretty much the entire car is original and stock, I couldn't complain about the condition it is in for its age. I also noticed that other vehicles in the early 90's are very un-stylish, and blocky. This vehicle is a very nice vehicle, and I pride myself knowing I own a vehicle that used to be a crown jewel. PS: Camry is derived from the Japanese name for Crown."

Best car I ever had

By on Sunday, November 2, 2008

"This is an unbelievably good and reliable car! About 23mpg. Mine is still running strong at 220+++. Only major repair was replacing the alternator. Highly recommend!! Wish Toyota would make the Camry in a wagon again!!"

Best car I ever had.

By on Thursday, March 20, 2008

"Sturdy, reliable, economical (still getting 25 MPG with V6 with 156000 miles), easy to drive. Comfortable on the highway. Low wind noise. Much better built than the new Camrys. The body is tight and solid. Only maintenance items (brakes,battery) It still has the original exhaust system in good condition. I have really used the fold down back seats, much like a small mini truck. You can load 8ft 2 X 4's with no problems. I bought this car new."

95 XLE Camry with 270,000

By on Saturday, March 8, 2008

"Excellent car! Kept up on the maintainance and the only problems I've had are the power steering rack leaked and the high pressure steering hose leaked. 270,000 and still running strong!"

Great All Around Performance Sedan

By on Saturday, December 22, 2007

"I bought this car new in 1995 fully loaded with everything Toyota offered on the V6XLE, which was the brand's flagship car for 1994. It still runs great, has plenty of power and never has brokedown. My daughter drives it now and I wouldn't put her on the road in this old of a car if I didn't still have the upmost confidence in it. The V6 XLE has the same engine and drivetrain and interior as the Lexus LS300. Solid car that has done justice by me and my family!"

I love my 94 Camry

By on Monday, November 26, 2007

"I bought my Camry new back in 1994. Best car ever. It has 212,000 miles on it. Family members are telling me to give it up but I don't think so. It's got a lot of life left in it. Besides none of the newer cars interest me. "Camford" and I have a lot more driving to do."

Best Buy Ever

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"I purchased my 94 Camry brand new. It has been up and down the east coast, from New York to Florida. After 258,000 miles it still gets 21 mpg in town and 27 mpg on the highway. The only problem I have had with this vehicle is the radio might or might not play when you first start the car. Once it comes on, it will play with no problems. I took it back to the dealer several times to correct it, but I gave up on trying to have it corrected. Other than that, awesome car. I love driving it and it rides so comfortable. Yes, I still have it. I can't seem to make myself get rid of it even with all of the miles on it. I love my Camry."

Absolutely bullet proof!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"Purchased it from the automotive vo-tec department from the local high school for $1,200(!) My daughter drove it for 3 years while at college. No complaints or repairs whatsoever. Super cold air. Parked it in front of the high school with KBB info on window and sold it for $2,200 the first day! When was the last time you bought a car, new or used, drove it for three years and sold it for $1,000 more than you paid for it?!?!?! We have three other Toyotas, including a Tercel with 285,000 miles on it. Fantastic cars! Detroit, are you listening?"

Best Car Ever

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"My 1995 Toyota Camry has been the best car ive ever owned nothing really went wrong with my car until 12 years down the road and it was only standard replacement of the rubber parts and the cost of maintaining this vehicle has been very inexpensive."