1996 Toyota Camry

Based on 644 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

95 XLE Camry with 270,000

By on Saturday, March 8, 2008

"Excellent car! Kept up on the maintainance and the only problems I've had are the power steering rack leaked and the high pressure steering hose leaked. 270,000 and still running strong!"

Great All Around Performance Sedan

By on Saturday, December 22, 2007

"I bought this car new in 1995 fully loaded with everything Toyota offered on the V6XLE, which was the brand's flagship car for 1994. It still runs great, has plenty of power and never has brokedown. My daughter drives it now and I wouldn't put her on the road in this old of a car if I didn't still have the upmost confidence in it. The V6 XLE has the same engine and drivetrain and interior as the Lexus LS300. Solid car that has done justice by me and my family!"

I love my 94 Camry

By on Monday, November 26, 2007

"I bought my Camry new back in 1994. Best car ever. It has 212,000 miles on it. Family members are telling me to give it up but I don't think so. It's got a lot of life left in it. Besides none of the newer cars interest me. "Camford" and I have a lot more driving to do."

Best Buy Ever

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"I purchased my 94 Camry brand new. It has been up and down the east coast, from New York to Florida. After 258,000 miles it still gets 21 mpg in town and 27 mpg on the highway. The only problem I have had with this vehicle is the radio might or might not play when you first start the car. Once it comes on, it will play with no problems. I took it back to the dealer several times to correct it, but I gave up on trying to have it corrected. Other than that, awesome car. I love driving it and it rides so comfortable. Yes, I still have it. I can't seem to make myself get rid of it even with all of the miles on it. I love my Camry."

Absolutely bullet proof!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"Purchased it from the automotive vo-tec department from the local high school for $1,200(!) My daughter drove it for 3 years while at college. No complaints or repairs whatsoever. Super cold air. Parked it in front of the high school with KBB info on window and sold it for $2,200 the first day! When was the last time you bought a car, new or used, drove it for three years and sold it for $1,000 more than you paid for it?!?!?! We have three other Toyotas, including a Tercel with 285,000 miles on it. Fantastic cars! Detroit, are you listening?"

Best Car Ever

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"My 1995 Toyota Camry has been the best car ive ever owned nothing really went wrong with my car until 12 years down the road and it was only standard replacement of the rubber parts and the cost of maintaining this vehicle has been very inexpensive."

Lives up to its reputation

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"I've owned my Camry for ten years and still love it. It has almost 200,000 miles on it and is just now starting to have problems. It has only broken down twice since I've had it and one time was because a squirrel got inside it. The Camry drives like a dream (even in snow), is comfortable and has amazing gas mileage. You can't go wrong with this car!"

An excellent car.

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "200, 000? An attainable goal."

Cons: "After 20 years the plastics get fragile,"

"I wish I would have bought this car in 1994 instead of lucking up on it in 2014. The test of time is the true test of any motor vehicle and this one has passed with flying colors."

This car is very reliable, origianal engine

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Very depenable car, no expensive repairs"

Cons: "Low clearence"

"The car does not have a flashy look to it, but it will get you where you need to go. Good fuel economy, this year of toyota Camary was problably the most reliable that Toyota has built. We averaged 25k per year for the past 14 years with out any major repairs says alot about these cars."

I LOVE MY CAMRY!!!

By on Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pros: "great car, nice paint, new tires, and runs great!"

Cons: "two door"

"I have NEVER had a problem with my car. I love my camery. But I am in need of a four door car. It has new tires on it, runs good, and looks nice. It is an older car so recently had a new paint job"

My uncle owns a camry

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

I don't own this car

"My Uncle owns a 1996 toyota camry..its not an LE..he has over 500,000 miles on it and still drives it 1.5 hours to and from every day. I dont think he will ever get rid of it. Given he has always taken very good care of it. He has never had any major problems with it."

Best Car Ever

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "easy on gas. fun to drive, dependable and roomy"

Cons: "cant think of any"

"I bought my 1995 Camry in 1998....She now has 313,000 miles and still going. Struts of course are shot but not worth fixing at this point. Drives great! Doesnt burn oil at all! I drive her 500 miles per week! I did replace rear main seal at 250,000 but that should be expected. I love this car and want another one."

I own 3

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pros: "The build quality and reliability"

Cons: "the hood supports are a pain to change"

My most recent picture

"I have owned many cars and fell completely in love with this car. I have the wagon coupe and the avalon(1995). Best car out there, just count how many you see around you."

My most recent picture

Good First Car

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "Dependable. Good gas mileage."

Cons: "Year and Style of the car (mostly bc of the year)"

"Bought this car with my hard earned money. Put the title in my own name. This is my 1st car, and I've had it for two years now. For it's age its done pretty well, esp. since a teenager has been driving it. Reliable. Dependable. Good 1st car for a new driver."

Been in the family since 1995

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "easy maintenance, great on gas, reliable"

"My uncle bought it brand new in 95 and now its come unto me.Had it for over 6 years now and its still running great. Only problem is that it was involved in a hit and run a few years back and I wasn't able to find who did it. Since then its been having a few problems. Still reliable and I drive it only in the city. Great on gas, dependable, and manual transmission! what more can I ask for? Great car! Wont ever get rid of this gem."

96' Camry LE - Great car

By on Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"I've had this car for about 1-1/2 years. And it's been rock solid. Everything works and it runs and drives great. has 184k. The 4-cylinder isn't very powerful, but it's smooth and gets good mileage. The handling isn't very sharp, but it's stable and rides very well. I have the sensa-track struts on it, they are much better than stock. The roomy interior has nice seats and a good design. For a car in this price range, it's hard to beat the value of Toyota. These 90's Camry's are excellent cars."

2nd time I have owned this car

By on Friday, March 26, 2010

"I bought this 95 wagon brand new from the lot. Drove it almost 100,000 miles in the 1st year. Sold it to my father in 1997. Car now has 320,000 miles and runs as sweet as the day I drove it off the lot. Buying it back from my dad for my son to use as his first car. I think we could get 500,000 liles out of this car!! Best car I have ever owned, that's why I am buying it back."

Awesome Vehicle

By on Friday, July 17, 2009

"I bought my 1994 Camry LE 4 Cylinder with 271,000 miles on it in 2005. I have 363,000 on it as of July 17, 2009. I have had no major problems with this car at all. Replaced radiator, fuel pump, cv joints, etc, but the engine and tranny is unbelievable. I've delivered newspapers with a lot of start/go/stop/in Park/and drive. I've driven 80mph consistently for 30 miles or more with the a/c on with no problems. It's starts as soon as you turn the key from day 1. For a 4 cylinder, it picks up speed pretty quickly even with high mileage. The ride is very smooth and surprising for a smaller car. I own a 2004 Corolla and I'm in the market for a 2006 or newer Avalon. I'm hooked on Toyota's. They hold their value very well even with high mileage."

Good starter car!!!!

By on Monday, December 22, 2008

"I bought my 95 camry le in 2004 with about 130k miles on it and a rebuilt tranny. I had no problems with it until now with 193k miles on it. The ignition module went bad, at the same time hurt the plugs and wires! I replaced the distributor, wires, plugs, and module for about $250 and everything is fine now, well except that it has a small idling problem, popular problem with these cars. Great reliable car overall, esp. great for high school or college student that doesn't have much cash!"

the best commuter car

By on Monday, October 20, 2008

"I live my Camry. It is 2008. It has 236,000 miles on it and the ride is still the same as ever. It never breaks down. The transmission and engine have NEVER needed any repairs. Just normal wear and tear/preventive maintenance. This car is a can't miss. I see at least 10 - 15 of these Camrys still on the road everyday even this many years later. Can't miss with this car."

Very Reliable and Comfortable.. Peace of Mind

By on Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Bought my 1995 LE 2.5 yrs back. Most of my friends adviced me against buying a car 10+ yrs old, but I loved this car the moment I did the test-ride. Never had any major work.. just the regular oil change. Have done 5-6 long drives (400 + miles ) and it's always been a charm driving the Camry. Very confortable, strudy and roomy. Eveytime I checkout a used car for my friends I feel proud of my Camry for its condition and value for money.. 13 yrs + and still a GEM."

BEST car in the world!!!!!

By on Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"Once you own a Toyota, you will ALWAYS own one!! You will NEVER regret it. If I had to choose between a BRAND NEW 2009 Honda Accord and a Toyota Camry, (body style 1992-1996 range), I'd with NO hesitation, choose the Camry!!! The V-6 engine(3.0) is ULTRA smooth and the 2.2 4 cylinder is quite powerful, too!! I own a 1993 (bought it with 145,000 miles on it 6 mos. ago) 2.2 and when I took it on the highway at 65 mph, it drove like a DREAM!!! It felt as if I were on a cloud!!! I've NEVER, with all the cars I've driven, have I ever experienced an ultra smooth ride like this one! These cars will make it PAST the 400,000 mile mark. Just keep ALL and every fluid at the proper levels and flush them out once in awhile. I can't think of one bad thing to say about these cars. You can't improve upon perfection! Expensive parts means rarely will you ever need to replace a part. I HIGHLY recommend these cars to anyone in the U.S!!! You will NOT ever change to any other brand!"

Excelent Value

By on Thursday, June 5, 2008

"Have owned my 1993 XLE since 1994 with 16000 miles on it. It now has 181,500 and going strong. nothing more than normal maintenence. In the past 3 years some of the small stuff: door handle broke, power antenna failed, trunk lock failed, drivers window motor. all needed to be replaced. Changed oil every 4-5K, timing belt at 90K and braked and tires as needed. Still has original exhaust system on it and no rust after 17 New England winters. Tremendous value for the money. I still take it on 6 hour trips without hesitation."

i can't wait to buy another one.

By on Saturday, April 19, 2008

"I bought my '94 Camry in 2005 with 144K miles. The automatic transmission died Feb. '08 at 196K miles. for two and a half years, I drove the poor thing approximately 50-80 mi a day, delivering pizza and driving 200 miles round trip to Nashville in one day. I'm not sure how well the previous owners took care of it. All I had to do was replace the radiator and spark plugs, and then the breaks-- because I drove when the rotors were already grinding. I am a terrible car owner, especially considering what I do for a living, so it's amazing how well this car worked for me, for the 50K i put on it in 2.5 years. I NEVER had any fluids flushed, tune-ups or regular maintenance-- just a few long-overdue oil changes from time to time. The a/c went out after the first summer I had it, and I did have problems with the automatic windows-- two of the motors broke and wouldn't roll up. I had two feder-benders resulting in damage to the front right side, but it didn't affect the car in any way besides looks. My friends and family have had many adventures in my car, and on those busy Friday nights when I drive 90+ miles delivering pizza, I was glad that my trusty Camry got such great gas mileage. When the gas light came on, I could put in $5 worth of $2.76/gallon gas and drive almost an entire 7-hour work shift. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend a Camry for college kids and/or delivery drivers, but I would suggest that you put some snazzy bumper stickers on it, because I guarantee that you'll lose it in the mall parking lots, because everyone else had the same great idea when they, too, bought a Camry. I could have paid $3,000 to replace the transmission, but since I was nearing 200K, instead i sent my '94 to The Great Parking Lot In The Sky and settled for a '00 Ford Escort (only because my trustworthy mechanic sold it to me with a new engine for dirt cheap,) but I can't wait for the day when I'll have my next Camry."

TOYOTA CAMRY LE 1995

By on Monday, October 22, 2007

"I bought the car with 90,000 miles on it. After having the car for a little over a month, the power steering went out. I had to replace the pully system, along with a few belts. Other than this major repair, the car is very smooth and the engine is great. Gas Mileage could be better."