1996 Toyota Camry

Based on 639 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

Love this car. Comfortable, reliable, handling eas

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Love it all."

Cons: "Rust is becoming a problem."

"It has been a great vehicle for me. Easy to drive and reliable, low maintenance required, reasonable on gas, and very comfortable."

Gertrude (Camry) is the best car I have ever had!

By on Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"We bought Gertrude, the Camry, 15 years ago and I just passed 260,000 miles! Still runs like a dream. My mechanic cannot believe how mechanically sound this car is. I can't believe it either. I will have no problem going well over 300,000 miles. Sure, some of the interior and the paint have worn, but that is to be expected after 15 years of hard use. I would recommend this car to everyone. Thanks Toyota for Gertrude the Camry!"

Best car I ever owned!

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "Rock solid reliability."

""Bought this car with 104k on it in '04 for $4,600. Drive it every day to and from and around town, occasionally out of town. It has required maintenance, some of it from wear and tear, some of it from outright abuse. Just can't kill this car, it is tough! For a mid size budget car it is pretty comfy, easy to drive too, very smooth driving and handling. The I4 engine and AT are a great combo which has never left me stranded, ever. If you are handy it is pretty easy to work on for most common things, other repairs are better left to pros. Gas mileage is great, gets about 23/24 around town. Even after 18 years of near continuous use the interior has held up well too. AC is rock solid, never had to charge it. I'd buy another!""

My BEST Car Ever

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, room,pretty, nice car"

Cons: "Small inconveniences, no fog lights"

"I love it!!!! I still like it's looks. The upholstery is still good and it's comfortable. It has plenty of room and the back seat folds down for MORE room in the trunk. The radio is still great though the tape deck died a long time ago. (Didn't really use it anyway.) Every important thing is still in good working condition including Transmission, Engine, lights, brakes, cruise control, wipers, adjustable seat and steering column etc. The engine block would break the bolts that held it down several times but it was covered by the extended warranty. The handle has come off and the trunk lock is broken and my antenna motor is shot. I highly recommend the extended warranty for the little things and check ups."

Truly is Built to Last!

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

"I had bought the car used and it had about 138,000 miles on it. The (one) previous owner to the car stated that he only drove the car in town and tended to beat on it a little bit (fast accelerating, hard braking, etc). I had my mechanic check over EVERYTHING. He stated that no parts appeared over worn or needed replacement in the near future. At about 164,000 it was in a collision, which damaged the exhaust manifolds and broke the water pump, so coolant and oil would leak out. I was continually filling it with water and going through two quarts of oil a week. I was told to drive the car until it died, because I didn't have the money needed to fix it. I was told the engine would just up and die without warning. At 186,600 miles, I came into some money and really wanted to fix this car. I replaced all the gaskets, injectors, water pump, timing belt, and exhaust. I was told by the very same mechanic that I had another 200,000 miles left in this car. Really built to last. In other aspects of the car, I think the stock interior was very plain and simple, and would recommend custom seat covers and floor mats. The car has some serious get-up-and-go, and the braking system is very precise. The suspension needs a little work, however. BUT THIS IS STILL A REALLY NICE CAR!"

327299 AND STILL GOING

By on Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pros: "Long life, reliable"

Cons: "door handle, gas door wire"

"I bought my 92 for $500 in 2007. My first car! It had 250,000. The door handle was broke and I got it fixed for $50 at a local shop. The gas door wire got stuck and I broke the gas door off, bought a new one at pull-a-parts (they always have plenty of camrys). I drove this car 120 miles a day back in college and it never gave me any problems..450 miles a tank of gas back then!! I do have oil leaks and was told I will need my head gaskets replaced down the road, but for that many miles I would think it needs a little work. Im thinking of buying a new car and giving this one to my mom for a run-about-car. I know it will treat her well!!"

Love this Car!

By on Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pros: "VERY reliable, comfortable for long rides"

Cons: "tiny cup holders (only a can will fit)"

"I got this car with approx 200,000 miles on it, and didn't figure it would last me very long. Over three years later, it's still going strong! I am buying another one just like it!"

Very High Mileage - Still Ticking

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"I bought this card used from a workplace colleague in August of 2005 with 287,500 miles on it. In two years, the odometer now reads 333,500. I change the oil every 3,000 miles and add oil in-between oil changes. I do not hesitate to take this car on a 200+ mile trip. It is dependable and just keeps on running."

very good & dependable

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"Very dependable and ecomically to drive/ Average mileage is about 26 to 30 miles to a gallon of gas. Air is very cold and handling responsive. I now have over 294,000 miles on my car and don't know of any other car that is in this great shapes for it's year and mileage"

Wonderful Vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"248,800mi still amazing. CV joint repair and timing belt have been the only 2 major repairs totalling less than $1200 - AC is busted but it's only a luxury. Got this car 7 years ago with a used Collector Edition package meaning Lexus Paint, Faux Wood trim, leather interior, and nice wheels. Even with all the bonus-stuff it's still a cubby-styled camry. V6 has lots of power (~180hp) and still moves quick on the highway. Squishy suspension makes for smooth rides. Totally large enough for 4 (six foot) adults. Gets 30mpg when driving mostly highway. I'd buy this car again and again!"