1996 Toyota Camry

Based on 619 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

Love this car. Comfortable, reliable, handling eas

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Love it all."

Cons: "Rust is becoming a problem."

"It has been a great vehicle for me. Easy to drive and reliable, low maintenance required, reasonable on gas, and very comfortable."

Fantastic vehicle!! Best Toyota ever made!

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "Great handling and mileage!"

Cons: "Paint"

"Love this car- sporty yet big enough for a family. Great road feel and handling. Absolutely trouble-free all 235,000 miles! Still gets 35-40mpg! Dark Green paint was a fail on Toyota's part and so failed on the car. Only negative about it. Too bad Toyota ruined the 2014 Camry. Drives like a piece of mush. MUCH prefer the old one....thinking about selling the new one and restoring this one!"

Perfect first car!

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, easy to drive, great for kids"

Cons: "Door handles are cheap in and out"

"Perfect first car! I am 15 years old (permit in Florida) so my dad bought me a 1996 Toyota Camry LE 2.2 liter 4cyl sedan as my first car. He purchased it from a good friend and the first owner. The vehicle was from NY and the original owner moved to Florida since then. He purchased another vehicle and just never touched the Camry again! It sat COMPLETELY UNTOUCHED for 3 years in the roasting Florida weather. Of course the battery was flat, so my dad bought a $30 battery, threw it in, and by just connecting the battery it fired up no problem at all! My car has 236k miles, but all these cars need are regular maintenance and they will last a lifetime! Very safe and efficient vehicle. My car was equipped with a few aftermarket features such as remote keyless entry with remote start and a 12 disk cd player and head unit. This is the perfect first car because it doesn't have enough power to get you in trouble (130hp from the 2.2 4cyl) but plenty enough for day to day tasks. My car doesn't hesitate to start and runs and drives incredibly smooth despite the mileage. My only complaint is the design of the exhaust system, which can collect water very easily if you let it sit. It has been sitting in my driveway for 2 months now, but I run the car every day, however since you aren't moving and because the engine is idling, the exhaust has quite a lot of water in it now and when the car gets into operating temperature the exhaust spits a lot of water and a little steam is given off from the water evaporating."

Still on the road.

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pros: "They don't make them like this anymore."

Cons: "Can't justify buying a new car."

"17 years and 310,400 miles with all the original equipment except transmission replacement at 180,000 miles. Can't knock that 1996 Camry LE. Just changed the oil every 3,000 miles and she still runs great with no body rust at all even though she was outdoors her whole life."

excellent

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

"the best car that I ever had and I have put 150000 mile on this car and very little maintance runs like a charm excellent gas mileage and still running stronger than ever. more I drive it the better it runs. 1995 is the bomb."