1996 Toyota Camry

Based on 628 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

100% reliable,,,,own 3 toyota's

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pros: "Fast fun nimble great on gas reliable safe ,"

Cons: "Nothing"

"Hi I have owned this camry since 151000 miles it has 191000 now on it, I have to say after owning 83 vehicles my next three were all toyotas. I started with this 95 camry xle 3.0 , I searched so long and when I found this particular Camry it had been a little abused , the radiator had a crack in it and the atf got into the coolant. I work at a toyota dealership so I repaired it there, transmission flush. New radiator. This car runs soo smooth. I ended up putting new spark plugs in it and cause I had no idea when the timing belt had been replaced I did that as well along with the water pump and crank seal took 5 minutes for that. Luton new V groove belts and thermostat. I've driven this car up and down to kenai and anchorage so many times,,,,,,,last yr I put new front brake pads and rotors and same with rear ,,,,,,,,,, I do have a little leak coming from inner axle oil seal driver side but it's normal wear and tear........ Besides all the regular maintenance I have had numerous people ask me when am I gonna sell the car , I reply never lol..........I know a lot about toyota's and I'll tell u that there so reliable , I have also a 94 2.4l pickup, 04 sequioa , and I bought my mother a 07 Corolla .....my sister has a 2012 highlander and her husband a 2011 tundra 5.7l crew max...... My uncles ask what vehicle to get I say Lexus if u. Can if not then get the toyota's ........."

great vehicle

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

"Very reliable car. Cant complain for such an old car and high miles!"

I LOVE THIS CAR

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "Affordable, reliable, comfortable, great car"

"This is a 1995 model car. However, from my experience of driving this car, it is VERY dependable and reliable. I love this car, and if something happens to it, then I am definitely thinking of buying another Toyota car."

Efficient and economical

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

"While this car is fairly old, it has been bullet proof! Wish I could buy a brand new one just like it. Very easy on the pocket, get parts anywhere. Best car I've ever owned!"

On her way to 200,000 miles and fabulous

By on Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive. Great gas mileage."

Cons: "They do not make them like this anymore."

"This Toyota Camry is amazing. Mine is a SE Coupe 3.0 Liter V6 Engine, Power windows and door, tilt wheel, leather steering wheel and shift handle, rear window defroster, moon roof, sun roof, air conditioning, spoiler, automatic transmission, currently 171000 miles and it takes the mountains like the sports car it is. Fantastic and going strong. Still quiet and powerful."

car never let me down.

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

"never added oil for 7 years changed every 6000 miles"

Great car

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "Great car"

Cons: "Cup holders too small"

"Solid, well-built. I have the v6 wagon with a third seat ,sliding sun roof, roof rack. This car has great pick up, and muscle, cruise control. Everything's still works well. Gets about 25-28 mpg on the highway. I have replaced the radio with an aftermarket with cd player, replaced an axle, a piece of plastic trim on the interior. Car was top of the line bought by my parents. They don't make them like this anymore."

My Camry Coupe just turned 20!

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Camry Coupe, built w/ pride in Kentucky 1994 5 stars"

"This is the finest car I've ever owned! I wouldn't give it up for a brand new car. Why? It still drives like a rocket, as it has done since the first day I test drove it. It was a year old then; I bought it used. It was so well-built, the dealer offered a seven-year bumper-to-bumper warranty. The warranty paid for itself when the A/C blew in NYC during the 4th of July in 1999. Otherwise, I've never had a problem. Even the A/C problem didn't stop me from driving it. As a single lady, I'm relieved to report I've never been stranded. Twice, the car saved my life, due to its superb handling and acceleration. I was able to avoid the accidents by getting out of the way at the split second impact would have occurred. My ex-husband used to call my coupe, "Li'l Sister" because of my love for my car. (The car lasted but he didn't!) We go everywhere together. The two-door coupe is a very different car than its 4-door sedan cousin. I've been told the coupe was only built for two years. Mine has a spoiler on it, which would be laughable on the sedan but with this V-6 engine, it is appropriate. The Camry Coupe SE is a great looking car, handles like a sports car, and it holds a HUGE amount in the trunk. With the back seat down, I can load a 96" curtain rod or piece of wood. I re-did the seals (engine, transmission and brakes) at 110,000 miles. I just replaced the rack & pinion power steering at 162,000 miles. Each of the major repairs seem to run about $1,000.00. I'm having a new timing belt installed today and it will be about $1K (see what I mean?!), but it is the original rubber belt; it was only guaranteed to 65,000 miles. I haven't had a problem, but at twice the life expectancy, I don't want to tempt fate any longer by not replacing something as critical as the timing belt. That's the thing with this car - repairs are never cheap but they are rare and well-deserved. I haven't had a car payment in twenty years! If you can find one of these used, that hasn't been wrecked, BUY IT! Even if it needs work! It is a dream car. I love my coupe! You will love yours, too."

Best vehicle ever!

By on Friday, September 12, 2014

Pros: "Great price for young driver"

Cons: "211000 miles"

"I have driven this vehicle for 18 years and I love this car so much it is worth more money to me than anyone else. Time and age must move on, god bless."

Old but still goin strong typical toyota quality

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "still going strong comfy roomy"

Cons: "high repair costs creaks rattles galore high miles"

"My dad bought this car a few years before i was born. He leased it then bought it. it is a base LE trim with no other options but it has power windows, locks mirrors and remote key less entry. 19 years later still going strong despite age and possibility of braking down and not able to be fixed. we don't drive it too much since it is old but i use it for practice driving in the learners permit stage. Next year we might get rid of it and buy a german luxury car or might be a hand down. If it has a massive repair (engine tranny electrical etc) we might say good bye to it. Typical toyota reliability and quality"