1992 Toyota Camry

Based on 642 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

Best 20+ year old used car to buy.

By on Thursday, April 7, 2016

Reason: Too old

Pros: "Good price, smooth ride, roomy"

Cons: "Bland, basic, just an A to Z cruiser"

Last photo of it in the garage.

"Reliable always starts only needed weather stripping and had door lock issues which is common for toyota. Great little car better built than the newer compacts, only issue was its age. Take good care of it and it will last you forever like it did for me. 1 more year, and it would have been a classic."

Last photo of it in the garage.

Gertrude (Camry) is the best car I have ever had!

By on Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"We bought Gertrude, the Camry, 15 years ago and I just passed 260,000 miles! Still runs like a dream. My mechanic cannot believe how mechanically sound this car is. I can't believe it either. I will have no problem going well over 300,000 miles. Sure, some of the interior and the paint have worn, but that is to be expected after 15 years of hard use. I would recommend this car to everyone. Thanks Toyota for Gertrude the Camry!"

My BEST Car Ever

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, room,pretty, nice car"

Cons: "Small inconveniences, no fog lights"

"I love it!!!! I still like it's looks. The upholstery is still good and it's comfortable. It has plenty of room and the back seat folds down for MORE room in the trunk. The radio is still great though the tape deck died a long time ago. (Didn't really use it anyway.) Every important thing is still in good working condition including Transmission, Engine, lights, brakes, cruise control, wipers, adjustable seat and steering column etc. The engine block would break the bolts that held it down several times but it was covered by the extended warranty. The handle has come off and the trunk lock is broken and my antenna motor is shot. I highly recommend the extended warranty for the little things and check ups."

It's a Camry. nuf said.

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

"These cars run foooooreeevvvver. They run so long you get sick of driving them. Almost never wears out. A car 19 years old that gets 35 plus miles to the gallon. If you can deal with accually driving a Camry instead of some "Cool" ride, this car is defantly best dollar value out there. Very undervalued. I recently drove from Houston to Portland, 2600 miles with gas north of $3 bucks a gallon. I did it in 3 days and for less than $400 bucks. The car never gave a moments trouble even after 14 hours staight driving. A great and very comfortable road car."

Truly is Built to Last!

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

"I had bought the car used and it had about 138,000 miles on it. The (one) previous owner to the car stated that he only drove the car in town and tended to beat on it a little bit (fast accelerating, hard braking, etc). I had my mechanic check over EVERYTHING. He stated that no parts appeared over worn or needed replacement in the near future. At about 164,000 it was in a collision, which damaged the exhaust manifolds and broke the water pump, so coolant and oil would leak out. I was continually filling it with water and going through two quarts of oil a week. I was told to drive the car until it died, because I didn't have the money needed to fix it. I was told the engine would just up and die without warning. At 186,600 miles, I came into some money and really wanted to fix this car. I replaced all the gaskets, injectors, water pump, timing belt, and exhaust. I was told by the very same mechanic that I had another 200,000 miles left in this car. Really built to last. In other aspects of the car, I think the stock interior was very plain and simple, and would recommend custom seat covers and floor mats. The car has some serious get-up-and-go, and the braking system is very precise. The suspension needs a little work, however. BUT THIS IS STILL A REALLY NICE CAR!"