• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $31,211 - $32,836.

10/8.5

Based on 138 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Great engineering technology in safety and fuel mi

By on Saturday, May 09, 2015

"I have owned this car for 2 years now and driven it over 18000 miles. As with all Toyotas the reliability is great and the fuel mileage is right on the EPA estimates. However after owning three previous Toyota Avalon's I find this one of lesser quality that the previous ones. The handling of the vehicle is great however the ride of my 2013 compared to my previous 2011 is a harsher ride and the car has rattles in the plastic dash components on the speedometer/info display and in the area of the rear sunshade. I find this a bit disappointing for a top of the line Avalon Limited, but the reliability and economy are rock solid. Interior space was also cut back compared to previous Avalon's, now giving the 2013 Avalon more of a Camry feel as for a comfort level."

Just ONE of the best cars I've ever owned!

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drives, handles like a much smaller auto..."

Cons: "Some of the shiny trim on the dash needs to go...."

"Had gone to the dealer to replace tires on my '09 Camry XLE & this '13 Magnetic Grey Limited was in the showroom & caught my eye. Test drove it & was immediately sold. This car handles great although if you're looking for the previous Avalon's plushy ride, it's definitely not here, it's a firm but solid ride, even quite more firmer than my '09 Camry. The seats are oversized, comfortable & have 3 cooling and 3 heating temperatures, a blessing when the weather turns really cold. The Limited is loaded with x-tras that really enhance the overall experience driving this auto. I like the auto headlight dimmers, Bluetooth, fantastic stereo, GPS, backup camera clear and fast to respond, auto wipers, etc., etc. Safety features such as lane departure warning, backup, side & rear & front impact warnings are spot on (I've tried all the warning systems & they are spot-on. Also, believe it or not, my insurance rate has dropped considerably over the '09 Camry because of all the safety features. Dollar for dollar, this is the best auto you can buy in today's market. I have over 2k miles and am looking forward to many more happy miles."

Feels Just Right!

By on Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pros: "Value"

"We traded in our 2006 BMW 750li for the 2013 Avalon. Maintenance was just costing too much for our BMW and the extended warranty ended. We decided to buy a Toyota/Lexus as we have owned a Lexus in the past which was very reliable. The problem was going from a 750li to a Toyota was going to be hard luxury wise and we didn't want to pay Lexus price tag. After test driving the Avalon we were happy with the price, ride, and luxury. First time that I bought a car without having any buyers remorse. Feels like we did a sensible purchase and got the car we wanted."

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pros: "Good value, comfortable, good lighting"

Cons: "No all wheel drive"

"We bought a car instead of a truck or SUV. I did not want to buy a car or a non-USA vehicle, but I lost both arguments with my wife. The Avalon Limited is nice for the price. The size is deceptive in that it does not look as big on the outside as it feels on the inside. It is only front wheel drive, so it was scary for me being a four wheel drive type when we drove it home in the snow. It did well in the snow. The headlights are great. They are brighter than any other vehicle I've ever had. Great for highway driving. If you like cars, and you like nav and lots of other nice features in a solid car, this is highly recommended. I really like this (don't tell my wife)."

Cost Cutting has Impacted Model

By on Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"I have owned four Avalons ('96, '00, '07 and now the 2011). I am disappointed in the quality and features of the 2011 vs. the 2007 model. The 2011 improvements are the headlights, as well as the backup camera WITH green & red lines of demarcation on the screen to denote location of car in reverse. The JBL radio has small WHITE fonts that are difficult to read on sunny days. The pod radio antenna on the rear roof lacks sufficient power to hear AM/FM radio stations 70 miles distant, while a lower priced Kia Rio produces strong reception of those stations. It also takes some practice to learn the method of shifting between different pages of station presets. Perhaps this is by design to encourage the purchase of satellite radio. The AC is strong and quiet. The Home-Link (garage door opener) is only 50% as powerful as that on the 2007 model, and requires the driver to be within their driveway and not the street to open the garage door. Toyota has deleted the wood applique on the rear arm rest and the location of the auxiliary power outlets make it difficult to hook up a radar detector and GPS. While this is a very good car given the cost, Toyota's cost cutting (radio antenna, home link, etc.) from the 2007 Limited to the 2011 model is evident and impacts the total value of this model."