2014 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,547 - $29,707.

10/8.5

Based on 120 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

We tradede in our 2011 camry for the avalon

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pros: "It' a Toyota"

Cons: "Can't find one yet"

"What a great decision on our part, this car is everything we thought it would be. We love the space, the interior as well as the exterior of the vehicle. Great job Toyota, I have been in the Toyota family since my 1986 Cressida. I feel as good about this car as I did my Cressida finally something as nice as her."

Want my 2007 back!

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Price, interior room"

Cons: "Hard seats, rough ride, poor display"

"I purchased the 2014 Avalon (I think it is the same as the 2015) because it is a very good value for the money. BUT the ride is nowhere close to my 2007 Avalon which was a dream to drive and ride in. The newer Avalon's have a changed suspension to attract a "younger" buyer. WHY? Young buyers are not going to buy an Avalon. Toyota make many, many models of cars. Why can't they continue to make one for a little older crowd that appreciates comfort. The seats are hard as a rock and the bumps are noticeable. I did not buy the Touring model because of the bigger wheels which made you feel every bump, pebble and crack in the road. It was awful. The 17" tires are better but the ride is bumpy. The display has flaws. To be fair not only Toyota. Why tell me please is it necessary to have a huge tachometer which almost no one uses (especially in an Avalon) and a tiny center display for speed, mileage, miles driven, etc. The gas gauge is almost impossible to read. I really don't get the design engineers. This was the best value for the money I could find but certainly not my favorite car. I will keep for 3 years and hope something better comes along."

Excellent Value and Comfort

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "Price, Interior, Gadgets, Driveability, Quiet, Fun"

Cons: "Exterior could have looked better."

"At first glance, I didn't care for the exterior styling. But, once I sat inside, it definitely grabbed my attention. After a test drive, I was sold! I compared the Avalon to a Maxima, Camry, and MKZ. The Avalon just had a higher level of comfort, build quality, and space. The others just had a "cheap" plastic feel about them. Not wanting to show off in a Lexus, this was a Lexus in Toyota badging and pricing."

A very good driving car, but with poor ride.

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "power train, mileage, navigation, features, room"

Cons: "ride, front seat comfort"

"I have owned two previous models of the Avalon, and been extremely happy with both. I was initially drawn to the 1st Avalon because of the interior room and price for the features available - I have bought the top of the line in each case. Toyota has substantially improved the road handling of my 2013 over previous models, but at the expense of driving comfort. The ride is very harsh, and the front seats are very hard for distance travel. The dealer was unable to offer any suggestions for improvement. I contacted an upholstery shop which installed additional padding in the seat. This helped, but does nothing for the harsh ride. We also bought a new RAV4 Limited shortly after we bought the Avalon, and it has more miles on it than the Avalon simple because it rides better. I am very pleased with the Avalon's drive train performance, mileage, luxury features, navigation,room, and handling, but due to the ride, it has been primarily driven locally."

High-tech meets understated luxury

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, hi-tech comfort and convenience"

Cons: "No folding rear-seat or pass through"

"A short time ago I would have scoffed at the idea of owning a Toyota Avalon decades before retirement. And then came the new generation Avalon. I had been looking at the Lexus ES 300h but didn’t want to pay the “status” premium. The 2014 Avalon Hybrid Limited has many of the same high-tech comfort and convenience features found in a luxury sedan but is wrapped in a fluid-dynamic body that looks more like a sports sedan than a family sedan. The Avalon is a big car but strikes a good balance between handling and ride. The Avalon’s hybrid synergy drive is no V-6 but accelerates the car well enough to merge or overtake slower vehicles at highway speeds. Transmission gear shifting has been eliminated by the ECVT resulting in a smooth, linear acceleration. The hybrid synergy drive seamlessly switches between gas and electric modes as though it were a single power source and the regenerative brakes are easy to modulate. I am most impressed by the gas mileage the hybrid delivers for a full size sedan; I average between 38 and 41 MPG. Fit and finish is top notch and the ride is very quiet except for an occasional annoying vibration coming from the dashboard when traveling over concrete or rough pavement. Overall, I am very satisfied with the 2014 Avalon Hybrid and my daily commute is much more tolerable and at times even made fun by seeing how long the Avalon will cruise in electric mode."