2014 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,488 - $28,965.

10/8.5

Based on 143 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Feels Just Right!

By on Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pros: "Value"

"We traded in our 2006 BMW 750li for the 2013 Avalon. Maintenance was just costing too much for our BMW and the extended warranty ended. We decided to buy a Toyota/Lexus as we have owned a Lexus in the past which was very reliable. The problem was going from a 750li to a Toyota was going to be hard luxury wise and we didn't want to pay Lexus price tag. After test driving the Avalon we were happy with the price, ride, and luxury. First time that I bought a car without having any buyers remorse. Feels like we did a sensible purchase and got the car we wanted."

Awesome vehicle

By on Monday, July 19, 2010

"After 6 months of research and test driving various vehicles, I settled on the 2011 Avalon. I can honestly say that it came down to the Lexus ES350, Acura TL, and the Avalon. For considerably less $$$, I feel that the 2011 Avalon is just as impressive as the other two. Yes, the Avalon's ride is a little softer and tends to be a little "floaty," but the overall comfort is outstanding. The 268 hp V6 has adequate power and impressive fuel economy. Interior space is enormous, and the 660 watt JBL sound system sounds like a concert hall. This is a fantastic vehicle for the money."

Just ONE of the best cars I've ever owned!

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drives, handles like a much smaller auto..."

Cons: "Some of the shiny trim on the dash needs to go...."

"Had gone to the dealer to replace tires on my '09 Camry XLE & this '13 Magnetic Grey Limited was in the showroom & caught my eye. Test drove it & was immediately sold. This car handles great although if you're looking for the previous Avalon's plushy ride, it's definitely not here, it's a firm but solid ride, even quite more firmer than my '09 Camry. The seats are oversized, comfortable & have 3 cooling and 3 heating temperatures, a blessing when the weather turns really cold. The Limited is loaded with x-tras that really enhance the overall experience driving this auto. I like the auto headlight dimmers, Bluetooth, fantastic stereo, GPS, backup camera clear and fast to respond, auto wipers, etc., etc. Safety features such as lane departure warning, backup, side & rear & front impact warnings are spot on (I've tried all the warning systems & they are spot-on. Also, believe it or not, my insurance rate has dropped considerably over the '09 Camry because of all the safety features. Dollar for dollar, this is the best auto you can buy in today's market. I have over 2k miles and am looking forward to many more happy miles."

Dramatic Change from previous models

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

"I have a V6 limited, was really really tempted tp get Hybrid but 'chickened out' at the end. I am 71 yrs old and maybe to set in my ways. I have owned 4 previou Avalons, 2005,2007,2008,2010. All have been flawless. Other than rountine oil changes I have never had ANY warranty work needed on them. I must say the 'cushy ride' and roomy interior were the big reasons I have owned them. (plus reliabilty and quality) Have always been amazed with the power of the v6 engine combined with the 30 plus mpg highway. Anyway, on with the 2013 Avalon. Here are major differences Exterior styling much improved Much better road handling (small penalty in 'cushy ride'} Interior completely changed looks luxurious and modern Much better sound system in Limited Much more technology in Navigation and safety systems Feels much more solid. A little quieter than previous models (which were fine) My 13 year old grandson and 39 year old son-inlaw now think I am pretty cool and love the car. Who'd a thunk it? Overall impression: The little sacrifice in 'cushy ride' was more than offset by upgrades inside and out, handling. new technolgy, more safety, and superior design. Everyone who has seen it or driven in it have been 'knocked out' with this car."

It is a super pleasure to drive

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, fun, exciting and has everything"

Cons: "Nothing yet."

"I own the Limited Hybrid. After owning a BMW and Mercedes for 17 years I am in love with this car. It is quiet and luxurious. Unlike my MB and BMW this car uses regular gas and inexpensive to maintain. The car drives like a wonder. The seats are very comfortable and supportive and the door openings are nice a wide. The technology is all you can ever ask for. Those who say that it is too bumpy know nothing about a driver's car. I am not looking for a floaty car that does not hold the road or sways when turning. This car feels every bit as capable as my two German cars."