2014 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,488 - $28,965.

10/8.5

Based on 143 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

first class driving experience

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "drive, gas mileage, comfort, responsiveness"

"I bought this to replace a 2013 Avalon touring. that vehicle was a wonderful car and it protected us in a 60mph crash with a deer. We are very impressed with the Avalon and thoroughly enjoy driving it."

Best car for the money without exception.

By on Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Pros: "bang for the buck"

Cons: "wish they had bigger and wider tires."

"I am purchasing a 2011 Avalon today. My wife has had five since 1995. All we do is put gas in them and drive . Never had a problem with any of them. Just do the maintenance and you will never be stranded. Runs on reg. gas,largest interior and dependable. Best car on the market for the price. I tried to change cars this time for something else, but can not for the money"

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pros: "Good value, comfortable, good lighting"

Cons: "No all wheel drive"

"We bought a car instead of a truck or SUV. I did not want to buy a car or a non-USA vehicle, but I lost both arguments with my wife. The Avalon Limited is nice for the price. The size is deceptive in that it does not look as big on the outside as it feels on the inside. It is only front wheel drive, so it was scary for me being a four wheel drive type when we drove it home in the snow. It did well in the snow. The headlights are great. They are brighter than any other vehicle I've ever had. Great for highway driving. If you like cars, and you like nav and lots of other nice features in a solid car, this is highly recommended. I really like this (don't tell my wife)."

Cost Cutting has Impacted Model

By on Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"I have owned four Avalons ('96, '00, '07 and now the 2011). I am disappointed in the quality and features of the 2011 vs. the 2007 model. The 2011 improvements are the headlights, as well as the backup camera WITH green & red lines of demarcation on the screen to denote location of car in reverse. The JBL radio has small WHITE fonts that are difficult to read on sunny days. The pod radio antenna on the rear roof lacks sufficient power to hear AM/FM radio stations 70 miles distant, while a lower priced Kia Rio produces strong reception of those stations. It also takes some practice to learn the method of shifting between different pages of station presets. Perhaps this is by design to encourage the purchase of satellite radio. The AC is strong and quiet. The Home-Link (garage door opener) is only 50% as powerful as that on the 2007 model, and requires the driver to be within their driveway and not the street to open the garage door. Toyota has deleted the wood applique on the rear arm rest and the location of the auxiliary power outlets make it difficult to hook up a radar detector and GPS. While this is a very good car given the cost, Toyota's cost cutting (radio antenna, home link, etc.) from the 2007 Limited to the 2011 model is evident and impacts the total value of this model."

2013 Avalon Hybrid

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "gas milage, roomy, performance, blind spot monitor"

Cons: "can't think of any"

"I have been a GM man all my life up until the Government bailed them out. And we lost Pontiac. I decided to try a Toyota Avalon Hybrid. I purchased it in Nov 2013 and have only driven it in winter.and only in town with one trip which I got over 40mpg. With leaving the car run a lot this winter because of brutal cold we have had and as my wife runs into the grocery store I'm still getting over 35mpg and that is checking by the actual gas I use, not the gage that tells you the amount, it is off by about 1 to 2 mpg. I really like this car its roomy and comfortable Memory seats are a plus for two drivers. I really like the sport mode because it makes the car feel like a 6cyl it surprised me when I used it for the first time, I like fast cars any way, so to have a hybrid that accelerate like does is a big plus. Now if you have four adults in the car in sport mode it does not perform like when i'm alone. I chose the Avalon over the Camry because of the trunk room and overall features. Love the blind spot monitors and back up camera. My wife had a hard time backing up a long drive way, now with a backup camera she does it like a pro."