2014 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,433 - $28,927.

10/8.5

Based on 139 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Disappointed My 4th Avalon. Not again

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Cons: "Front end vibration at certain speeds."

"This is my 4th Avalon and the ride has been changed. It has a front end vibration which according to Toyota is a characteristic of the car. Toyota told me that they hoped that I would get used to it. Although all other aspects are good, I am not able to become accustomed and am in process of changing. Disappointed that Toyota and dealer did not stand behind product."

Good Car Not Great

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "good lookin"

Cons: "RADIO, TIRES"

"I find the front seats uncomfortable. My single biggest dislike is the radio. You spend a decent amount of money for a "luxury car" and you are not offered sirius /internet radio..Please.. you can transfer numbers and contacts from a phone ( only certain phones). BUT , you CANNOT add names and phones directly into the radio. Very disapponted in radio all around... Sound for radio is fair. Had car for two months, no problems.NOt sure IO would buy this car again., need to more to determine"

A Very Disappointed Owner

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "Great interior, electronics, safety features"

Cons: "Seats need more cushion too hard, Cabin Noise"

"It was love at first sight but now I'm getting to a point I may regret it. The headliner is peeling already, is this the quality of Toyota coming too. The dealership didn't give an explanation why it is happening, but did order a new headliner. I drove to Virginia and back. As soon as I hit the highway I was shocked with the noise I heard in the cabin, on my return at one point there was a lot of noise coming from the front windshield. I took the car to the dealership and the service supervisor advised the car is driving as designed the noise is normal, I refuse to accept that and Toyota is really not doing anything. A car as expensive as the Avalon should be whisper quite on the highway and it is not. TOYOTA should investigate and fix the problem. I expected much better much better quality and request other drivers to post their reviews if they have the same issue with the cabin noise."

There is a lot to love about this car but!

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "Very nice car with impressive interior."

Cons: "Harsh ride and bad tires on certain road condition"

"The design, the tech, and the interior is top notch. I have a 2013 with the tech pkg. I love the radar cruise. Is it worth the money? Yes but it should cost less. The Auto high beams do not work as expected. They turn off when you least want them to. My biggest complaint about this car is the ride when you go over expansion joints on the highway and poor performance of the stock Bridgestone tires. They are noisy, they hydroplane in heavy rain and are not good in ice and snow. They are some off brand called Turanza EL400. Previous owners of the Avalon will not like the ride. Toyota tightened up the ride but I think they missed the target with the correct options. They should, but you will not see a major redesign until 2016. It is the cost tooling. Please remember that this car was Designed in CA. Engineered in MI. and built in Tenn. So don't blame Toyota Japan. This is a very good car but it could have been much better. I have had a few factory recalls that did not go well but I blame my dealer more than Toyota. This should not happen when you buy the top of the line car but you also have to expect some defects on a newly redesigned car. I hope my input has helped readers. Once the recalls have been repaired, this is a very good car with a great resale value. Thanks, John"

Excellent Purchase!

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive"

Cons: "Stereo could be better"

"Owned a previous Avalon This one is a lot nicer!"