2014 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,420 - $29,620.

10/8.5

Based on 127 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Uncomfortable seats and noisy interior.

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Cons: "Noisy and very uncomfortable."

"Car's seats are very uncomfortable. On long trips it is very uncomfortable after couple hours. Toyota's comfort in their flagship sedan is very poor. All seats are of poor quality and very very uncomfortable . The car is very noisy due to road noise and air leaks. This is my third avalon and ranks very poor in comfort in comparison of the prior avalons."

very disappointed

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "looks nice"

Cons: "Quality is not up to modern standards"

"I own this 2013 Avalon. It developed a vibration at speeds over 65 mph. Toyota says it is normal. NCDS is in the pocket of the car companies and is a waste of time. Toyota stops you short when complaining so you cannot get enough attempts to repair the vehicle that the lemon law requires, so I am stuck with an expensive vehicle that is worthless on the open freeway. the car is just one year old and I have only 8500 miles on it. The vibration began at about 6500 miles. Trying to trade a car one year old for another make requires a a great loss to the pocketbook. I was a loyal Toyota owner for many years but their quality is lacking now and soon they will not be able to ride on their previous reputation."

We tradede in our 2011 camry for the avalon

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pros: "It' a Toyota"

Cons: "Can't find one yet"

"What a great decision on our part, this car is everything we thought it would be. We love the space, the interior as well as the exterior of the vehicle. Great job Toyota, I have been in the Toyota family since my 1986 Cressida. I feel as good about this car as I did my Cressida finally something as nice as her."

Want my 2007 back!

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Price, interior room"

Cons: "Hard seats, rough ride, poor display"

"I purchased the 2014 Avalon (I think it is the same as the 2015) because it is a very good value for the money. BUT the ride is nowhere close to my 2007 Avalon which was a dream to drive and ride in. The newer Avalon's have a changed suspension to attract a "younger" buyer. WHY? Young buyers are not going to buy an Avalon. Toyota make many, many models of cars. Why can't they continue to make one for a little older crowd that appreciates comfort. The seats are hard as a rock and the bumps are noticeable. I did not buy the Touring model because of the bigger wheels which made you feel every bump, pebble and crack in the road. It was awful. The 17" tires are better but the ride is bumpy. The display has flaws. To be fair not only Toyota. Why tell me please is it necessary to have a huge tachometer which almost no one uses (especially in an Avalon) and a tiny center display for speed, mileage, miles driven, etc. The gas gauge is almost impossible to read. I really don't get the design engineers. This was the best value for the money I could find but certainly not my favorite car. I will keep for 3 years and hope something better comes along."

Excellent Value and Comfort

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "Price, Interior, Gadgets, Driveability, Quiet, Fun"

Cons: "Exterior could have looked better."

"At first glance, I didn't care for the exterior styling. But, once I sat inside, it definitely grabbed my attention. After a test drive, I was sold! I compared the Avalon to a Maxima, Camry, and MKZ. The Avalon just had a higher level of comfort, build quality, and space. The others just had a "cheap" plastic feel about them. Not wanting to show off in a Lexus, this was a Lexus in Toyota badging and pricing."