2014 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,433 - $28,927.

10/8.5

Based on 139 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Great engineering technology in safety and fuel mi

By on Saturday, May 09, 2015

"I have owned this car for 2 years now and driven it over 18000 miles. As with all Toyotas the reliability is great and the fuel mileage is right on the EPA estimates. However after owning three previous Toyota Avalon's I find this one of lesser quality that the previous ones. The handling of the vehicle is great however the ride of my 2013 compared to my previous 2011 is a harsher ride and the car has rattles in the plastic dash components on the speedometer/info display and in the area of the rear sunshade. I find this a bit disappointing for a top of the line Avalon Limited, but the reliability and economy are rock solid. Interior space was also cut back compared to previous Avalon's, now giving the 2013 Avalon more of a Camry feel as for a comfort level."

Just ONE of the best cars I've ever owned!

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drives, handles like a much smaller auto..."

Cons: "Some of the shiny trim on the dash needs to go...."

"Had gone to the dealer to replace tires on my '09 Camry XLE & this '13 Magnetic Grey Limited was in the showroom & caught my eye. Test drove it & was immediately sold. This car handles great although if you're looking for the previous Avalon's plushy ride, it's definitely not here, it's a firm but solid ride, even quite more firmer than my '09 Camry. The seats are oversized, comfortable & have 3 cooling and 3 heating temperatures, a blessing when the weather turns really cold. The Limited is loaded with x-tras that really enhance the overall experience driving this auto. I like the auto headlight dimmers, Bluetooth, fantastic stereo, GPS, backup camera clear and fast to respond, auto wipers, etc., etc. Safety features such as lane departure warning, backup, side & rear & front impact warnings are spot on (I've tried all the warning systems & they are spot-on. Also, believe it or not, my insurance rate has dropped considerably over the '09 Camry because of all the safety features. Dollar for dollar, this is the best auto you can buy in today's market. I have over 2k miles and am looking forward to many more happy miles."

Feels Just Right!

By on Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pros: "Value"

"We traded in our 2006 BMW 750li for the 2013 Avalon. Maintenance was just costing too much for our BMW and the extended warranty ended. We decided to buy a Toyota/Lexus as we have owned a Lexus in the past which was very reliable. The problem was going from a 750li to a Toyota was going to be hard luxury wise and we didn't want to pay Lexus price tag. After test driving the Avalon we were happy with the price, ride, and luxury. First time that I bought a car without having any buyers remorse. Feels like we did a sensible purchase and got the car we wanted."

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pros: "Good value, comfortable, good lighting"

Cons: "No all wheel drive"

"We bought a car instead of a truck or SUV. I did not want to buy a car or a non-USA vehicle, but I lost both arguments with my wife. The Avalon Limited is nice for the price. The size is deceptive in that it does not look as big on the outside as it feels on the inside. It is only front wheel drive, so it was scary for me being a four wheel drive type when we drove it home in the snow. It did well in the snow. The headlights are great. They are brighter than any other vehicle I've ever had. Great for highway driving. If you like cars, and you like nav and lots of other nice features in a solid car, this is highly recommended. I really like this (don't tell my wife)."

Cost Cutting has Impacted Model

By on Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"I have owned four Avalons ('96, '00, '07 and now the 2011). I am disappointed in the quality and features of the 2011 vs. the 2007 model. The 2011 improvements are the headlights, as well as the backup camera WITH green & red lines of demarcation on the screen to denote location of car in reverse. The JBL radio has small WHITE fonts that are difficult to read on sunny days. The pod radio antenna on the rear roof lacks sufficient power to hear AM/FM radio stations 70 miles distant, while a lower priced Kia Rio produces strong reception of those stations. It also takes some practice to learn the method of shifting between different pages of station presets. Perhaps this is by design to encourage the purchase of satellite radio. The AC is strong and quiet. The Home-Link (garage door opener) is only 50% as powerful as that on the 2007 model, and requires the driver to be within their driveway and not the street to open the garage door. Toyota has deleted the wood applique on the rear arm rest and the location of the auxiliary power outlets make it difficult to hook up a radar detector and GPS. While this is a very good car given the cost, Toyota's cost cutting (radio antenna, home link, etc.) from the 2007 Limited to the 2011 model is evident and impacts the total value of this model."

My first Avalon Hybrid is just too great.

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "Great comfort and style"

Cons: "None yet."

"I just traded in a 2007 GMC Yukon, too much gas and didn't need all the V8 power anymore. I got this car for my wife, we got to the dealer and they just happen to get the Blizzard White which supposedly is a limited color and boy it is very nice, the Avalon is basically the Lexus ES 350 but $10,000 cheaper, the ergonomics inside are much functional than the Lexus for some reason the Avalon is more curved on the dash. We got the Hybrid Touring and it comes with 3 driving settings electric, eco and sport, we use eco most of the time but the Sport mode it feels like the car is pulling harder every time I hit the gas, the gas consumption is virtually the same on both eco and sport, 17 gallons get me 515 miles but the electric mode helps a lot also. My wife was stoked with the smartkey locking system, the on/off button, the backup camera with the alert thing and of course the heated seats. One thing that I would like to mention is the fact that when is On you don't heard the engine but is in electric mode ready to start moving after a few seconds the gas motor kicks in so make sure you are parked. The back seat is the roomiest I've seen in a sedan this class and the sound system is very nice, we love the airbags for the kiddos in the back. Overall we love the Avalon and the gas savings, $40 a week of gas is not bad this days."

Awesome vehicle

By on Monday, July 19, 2010

"After 6 months of research and test driving various vehicles, I settled on the 2011 Avalon. I can honestly say that it came down to the Lexus ES350, Acura TL, and the Avalon. For considerably less $$$, I feel that the 2011 Avalon is just as impressive as the other two. Yes, the Avalon's ride is a little softer and tends to be a little "floaty," but the overall comfort is outstanding. The 268 hp V6 has adequate power and impressive fuel economy. Interior space is enormous, and the 660 watt JBL sound system sounds like a concert hall. This is a fantastic vehicle for the money."

It is a super pleasure to drive

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, fun, exciting and has everything"

Cons: "Nothing yet."

"I own the Limited Hybrid. After owning a BMW and Mercedes for 17 years I am in love with this car. It is quiet and luxurious. Unlike my MB and BMW this car uses regular gas and inexpensive to maintain. The car drives like a wonder. The seats are very comfortable and supportive and the door openings are nice a wide. The technology is all you can ever ask for. Those who say that it is too bumpy know nothing about a driver's car. I am not looking for a floaty car that does not hold the road or sways when turning. This car feels every bit as capable as my two German cars."

I have the 2013 Hybrid Limited. Very nice!

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "The car design is beautiful. Very quiet."

"I have the hybrid limited and am averaging 41.5 MPH. That is better than advertised. The cars technology is unbelieveable! Today while in cruise control the radar kept me 100 feet behind the truck ahead. Still in cruise I went over a high bridge and encountered rapidly slowing traffic. The car gently applied the bakes without any input from me. How cool is that. I am 6'5" and have no trouble being comfortable in this car. If I have any suggestion I would have the center arm rest open to the right."

Dramatic Change from previous models

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

"I have a V6 limited, was really really tempted tp get Hybrid but 'chickened out' at the end. I am 71 yrs old and maybe to set in my ways. I have owned 4 previou Avalons, 2005,2007,2008,2010. All have been flawless. Other than rountine oil changes I have never had ANY warranty work needed on them. I must say the 'cushy ride' and roomy interior were the big reasons I have owned them. (plus reliabilty and quality) Have always been amazed with the power of the v6 engine combined with the 30 plus mpg highway. Anyway, on with the 2013 Avalon. Here are major differences Exterior styling much improved Much better road handling (small penalty in 'cushy ride'} Interior completely changed looks luxurious and modern Much better sound system in Limited Much more technology in Navigation and safety systems Feels much more solid. A little quieter than previous models (which were fine) My 13 year old grandson and 39 year old son-inlaw now think I am pretty cool and love the car. Who'd a thunk it? Overall impression: The little sacrifice in 'cushy ride' was more than offset by upgrades inside and out, handling. new technolgy, more safety, and superior design. Everyone who has seen it or driven in it have been 'knocked out' with this car."

VERY HIGH QUALITY CAR!

By on Monday, September 19, 2011

Pros: "GAS MILEAGE IS GREAT! SUCH A QUIT HIGHWAY CAR!"

Cons: "TOYOTA NEEDS TO HAVE THE OPTION OF SIX SEATING LIKE THE 90S TO 2004 AVALONS HAD!!"

"I THINK THE AVALON IS A IMPRESSIVE RIDE! I LOOK AT THE LEXUS AND ACTUALY COULD AFFORD EITHER BUT I THOUGHT THE AVALON ACTUALY LOOKED BETTER AND MORE ROOMY FEELING THAN THE ES 350. I MUST TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN GO IN STYLE WITH OUT SPENDING CLOSE TO $50K"

2nd time around

By on Sunday, February 06, 2011

"THis is my second Avalon. I started out to upgrade this time. I drove Infinitis, Lexuses, Acuras and even the E350 Mercedes. At the end of the day, I couldn't find a car I honestly liked better than the new Avalon. I am particularly happy with the new transmission which I find smoother when passing at highway speed. I admit that I did like the style of the E350 Mercedes. OK, I looked taller and 15 pounds lighter in it. However, for $15k more, it wasn't worth it. Besides the back seat legroom is not the same. Best bang for the buck is still my new Avalon!"

Great vehicle for an extended trip or around town.

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and quiet; great car!"

Cons: "Seat pockets are not too useful."

"I purchased the 2013 AVA Limited- Blizzard White for a trip to the southeast. The vehicle has performed well with a best mixed 30+ MPG from the V-6. I believe that handling dynamics are much better than my past Avalon. The new styling, quality and features far exceeded the Lexus ES350 and for less money. Many people comment on my new car and are impressed with the ride and luxury. The blind spot sensers, the interior and stereo are wonderful. I especially enjoy the tightness and directional stability of the redesigned suspension. I'm very happy with my purchase."

The best Avalon generation

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, Quite, Smooth, Elagant"

Cons: "None Yet..."

"Owned the 2001 / 2007 / and present 2013 Touring Hybrid. The 2001 ride and interior topped the 2007 by far. The 2013 incorporates the ride and interior quaility of the 2001 with many more accesories and features than others. Much more travel range with our hybrid (600-miles per tank)and 40mpg. Much more appealing than the 2007 as well. The CVT transmission in my mind is the wave of the future. All passenger veichles should incorporate this technology. Smooth and consistant."

first class driving experience

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "drive, gas mileage, comfort, responsiveness"

"I bought this to replace a 2013 Avalon touring. that vehicle was a wonderful car and it protected us in a 60mph crash with a deer. We are very impressed with the Avalon and thoroughly enjoy driving it."

Best car for the money without exception.

By on Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Pros: "bang for the buck"

Cons: "wish they had bigger and wider tires."

"I am purchasing a 2011 Avalon today. My wife has had five since 1995. All we do is put gas in them and drive . Never had a problem with any of them. Just do the maintenance and you will never be stranded. Runs on reg. gas,largest interior and dependable. Best car on the market for the price. I tried to change cars this time for something else, but can not for the money"

2013 Avalon Hybrid

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "gas milage, roomy, performance, blind spot monitor"

Cons: "can't think of any"

"I have been a GM man all my life up until the Government bailed them out. And we lost Pontiac. I decided to try a Toyota Avalon Hybrid. I purchased it in Nov 2013 and have only driven it in winter.and only in town with one trip which I got over 40mpg. With leaving the car run a lot this winter because of brutal cold we have had and as my wife runs into the grocery store I'm still getting over 35mpg and that is checking by the actual gas I use, not the gage that tells you the amount, it is off by about 1 to 2 mpg. I really like this car its roomy and comfortable Memory seats are a plus for two drivers. I really like the sport mode because it makes the car feel like a 6cyl it surprised me when I used it for the first time, I like fast cars any way, so to have a hybrid that accelerate like does is a big plus. Now if you have four adults in the car in sport mode it does not perform like when i'm alone. I chose the Avalon over the Camry because of the trunk room and overall features. Love the blind spot monitors and back up camera. My wife had a hard time backing up a long drive way, now with a backup camera she does it like a pro."

Great car. My first Toyota. Very satisfied.

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and a looker."

Cons: "None at this time."

"Beats the es 350 lexus, and Mercedes e350 for looks and ride. Close to a BMW 5 Series but better. Drove them all.Had have many great cars but this may be one the best.Love the car."

This is my 4th Avalon and by far the best one yet.

By on Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pros: "Quality Inside and Out,Comfort, Fun, Technology"

Cons: "No Auto Power adjustable Steering Wheel."

"I had a 1996, 2001 and a 2010 Avalons, I went away from the Avalon for a while and bought a 2005 and 2007 Acura TL for their sporty looks and handling. When it came time to buy another car I just couldn't go with the new design of the TL's so I went back to Toyota Avalon in 2010. I must say that the 2010 Avalon had a much smoother, quieter and more comfortable ride then the Buick LaCrosse, Acura TL and Lexus ES 350 that I test drove before buying that car. Well when I saw and drove the new 2013 Avolan I was sold right then and there. The styling, handling and cutting edge technology was such a big improvement I had to trade up. The ride, outside of bumps and rough roads, due to the tighter suspention, is just as good if not better, and the noise level is even less then the 2010. I feel I now have everything I want and need in a fine, fun, great handling and good looking car. It's like having my old Acura with a smoother, quieter better and more comfortable ride, and using regular gas instead of premium. Toyota got it right this time."

High tech with "sport sedan" ride

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Fantastic tech load, precision handling, enjoyable"

Cons: "Harsh ride for some people"

"Unbeatable tech in my 2013 Avalon Limited. Very strong areas are looks, interior design, interior materials and steering precision. Except for the seats and the ride quality I don't think there is a better car available for under $80,000. The one blemish, in vastly improving the seats so that the seat holds you in place is that the seat bottoms are very firm. Perhaps too firm for some. The ride is very different as well. It's clear that the attempt was to approach the sport sedan performance in ride and handling. Like a BMW, the new ride is quite firm but that is what allows for superior steering/handling of a "driver's car". If you want to drive a little more aggressively (European) then the stiff chassis and rougher ride come with it. I enjoy a much more secure feeling when I take a corner at speed."

GREAT CAR

By on Wednesday, July 07, 2010

"THIS HAS BEN A GREAT CAR GETTING A LITTLE USED AT THIS TIME. NOW I AM IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW ONE. WE ALL KNOW IT IS NOTHING LIKE A NEW ONE. GREAT CAR FOR LONG TRIPS. LOTS OF TRUNK SPACE. AND LETS NOT FORGET THE BACK SEATS RECLINE. OH, YES I HAVE TAKEN A SHORT RIDE IN THE BACK SEAT OF MY OWN CAR. YOU WILL LOVE IT."

A little disapointing

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "Styling, Comfort"

Cons: "Excessive Road Noise, Entune System is no good."

"I purchased this car and have put 563 miles on it with a road trip from LA to Palm Springs. It is only averaging 24.3 miles to the gallon way below what has been reported. The car does have quite a bit of Road Noise. Toyota needs to do a better job at dampening the noise. We wanted navigation in the car, so we were excited to get it with the entune system. Hoever, after purchase we found out that it is a trial offer for the first three years then you have to pay for it afterwrads. The apps are not very good as well. Entine works through you phones data plan so you better have unlimitted data. The syling of the car is top notch and it is comfortable to drive (road Noise Excluded). We bought it because of the styling and Toyotas reputatio for dependable cars. Time will tell on this point."

Awesome luxury,styling and performance

By on Sunday, May 26, 2013

I own this car

Pros: "Power Price Styling Fun Value"

Cons: "Stereo sounds a little tinny"

"Love this car. I have the touring which I'd recommend. Includes just about every option.this car beats every other sedan in it's market segment and other much more expensive sedans. I had the Audi a6 2010 and got the avalon when my lease expired and the Avalon has more power and I like the car more for 20,000 less. If you care more about what your driving then the nameplate of the car this is the way to go,"

By on Sunday, December 25, 2011

"3000 plus miles avg 28.2 mpg overall. Smooth ride. 22 to 24 mpg around town 31-32 on highway at 70 mph. Everything works."

Love It!

By on Monday, March 04, 2013

Pros: "Gorgeous, smooth and comfortable, easy to drive"

Cons: "Smaller trunk because of Hybrid, but that's okay"

"My first car was Toyota, then went with Honda then Infiniti with 2 cars, now back to Toyota. I was concerned about going back to Toyota after Infiniti luxury, but I am not the least bit disappointed with the new Avalon. Absolutely love it--gorgeous lines and color (I have Blizzard, but other colors beautiful as well), beautiful and very comfortable interior, and a very quiet and smooth ride. This has all the bells and whistles for the right price. I have a Hybrid and just learning how to maximize fuel efficiency. I'll have this car for a very long time!"