2014 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,753 - $29,884.

10/8.5

Based on 102 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

FINE CAR, BUT A "ROUGHRIDER"

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

"A well built vehicle with many fine features, but suspension is very tight and does not take rough roads like previous models we own/have owned; 2010 and 1997. Also right front seat has a rattle when seat is reclined, a similar problem found in the 2010 model, still not corrected. If the rough ride could be corrected, this would be great vehicle."

Great car for the money

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

Cons: "No all wheel drive"

"Would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a full sized sedan with all the features and technology one would need."

my 3rd avalon, great car

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "we love the blind spot warnig lights"

Cons: "very little trunk space"

"I have owned the Avalon hybrid for 16 months. I was able to go threw one bad winter and working on my second summer. the first summer the we drove the car at highway speeds @ about 64 mph and was able to achieve 37 mpg at a distance of 22 miles. The 2nd summer, now that the car has some mileage on it we took a trip to LaGuardia Air Port NY. from Port Jefferson, NY. and achieved 43.9 mpg. round trip with 4 people in the car with luggage and air conditioning on. On secondary roads I recently drove 3 miles and achieved 60.1 mpg, not to bad for a full size car. The normal local driving we achieve about 44 to 54 mpg. In the winter however these numbers are NOT achievable. A 5 mile trip we may get 33 to 37 mpg tops and again it all depends on the ambient temperature. The highway is the same results, about 34 to 39 mpg. Note; I am a professional driver."

Average Car

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"Pros: Averaging 37 mpg in mixed driving... Large Interior... Decent Technology... 0% financing for 60 months when purchased... I find it fun to drive for a large car... large trunk space for a hybrid... Cons: Display is very difficult to see during the day, should be angled differently... Paint chips too easily - have more chips in 2 months than on my old car in 8 years... Reliability - car in shop for 5 days already for brake problem (service bulletin has been issued)... Radio - horrible, horrible reception... Display claims better mpg than when I calculate it myself based on gallons filled and mileage driven - is this done to give folks impression of better gas mileage cause it's a hybrid??"

Not a camry hybrid

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Fuel mileage, reliability, space, gps, all excelle"

Cons: "hard to reach buttons on climate control, mildew"

"The Dash panel is very hard to reach from the drivers seat and I am a 6ft male, very easy to accidentally hit buttons on and off, rides stiff, because the car is heavier it isn't as quick as the Camry hybrid. Car has intermittent mildew smells that will not go away. (Google and you will see I am not the only one.) The good is the mileage, 39 mpg is about the avg, the toyota intune has the best gps in the business and the hands free works great. All i all a nice car but 30K later and i am ready to try something that doesn't put off mold and mildew smells."

Great car, very nice pick up and great ride

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "expensive but great comfort, ride, handling & mpg"

Cons: "trunk space lousy!!"

"Love this vehicle, 38 to 40 mpg average, very good ride and handling. The only problem is a total lack of trunk space. You couldn't get two sets of golf clubs in this trunk."

Nicest car I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Technology package, gas mileage, great handling"

Cons: "Rear seats not ventilated."

"I own two Lexus vehicles, an 02' and a 92', I realize there is several years between my Avalon and the two Lexus, but the difference is astounding. I also owned and sold an 04' Camry XLE to purchase the Avalon. The Avalon is the quietest car I have ever driven. It's very comfortable smooth, fast and quiet. It gets great mileage 24 to 30+, and many luxury features. I did 5 months of research before the purchase, looking at all other vehicles in its class, and the Avalon won hands down."

This car runs beautifully and is well designed for

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "Greqat power and hugs the road"

Cons: "It is not as comfortable as a Cadillac DeVille,"

"Having become used to the cushioned ride of Cadillac DeVille over past 10 years, the only negative comment I can make about the Avalon is that it is not as well cushioned when the road gets bumpy. The mileage on highway with A/C is 32 mpg. Road noise is minimal. Rear seat area very spacious, with separate heat/air controls. I highly recommend this auto for 4-5 passengers."

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "Great Price regular gas great MPG"

"I looked at the following cars: 300 ES350 Impala Taurus Avalon I have a 2006 Toyota Avalon Touring and it has 76000 and runs great. After driving the above cars, it was down to the ES350,Impala and the Avalon. I had to rule one out and it was the Impala. It was a tough decision between the ES350 and the Avalon. The Avalon was a little bigger and wider and was thousands less. When the dealer offered me a new 2013 for a great price my decision was made. The handling is great. With the ECO mode on I just got over 30mpg with four people. The technology is great. I also like the Blind Spot Monitor. So far no complaints. The roads in NY suffered a bad winter, but this car takes the potholes great. The car is very quick."

Awesome, but drives like a sports car

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive with out a doubt"

Cons: "the technology pkg leaves nothing to imagination"

"Please with all aspects, except the suspension is like a sports car. Turns corners with out throwing passengers to the side. If you like luxury in a sports car, you got it. Just remember while it is a mini Lexus, it does not have the Lexus soft ride. I couldn't afford a Lexus. This was the next best thing."