2013 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,823 - $28,993.

10/8.6

Based on 97 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Excellent Purchase!

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive"

Cons: "Stereo could be better"

"Owned a previous Avalon This one is a lot nicer!"

Big step forward but....

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Stylish, roomy, quite and a great price."

Cons: "Lack of AWD and performance to match its looks."

"This is a great looking car and much improved over earlier years' models. It is roomy and stylish but unfortunately lacks attraction for those of us who enjoy a bit more in performance and handling. I've been driving Audis the last 10 years so I am spoiled. Toyota, however, has a marvelous opportunity to take the next step with the Avalon. I'd love to see an AWD option, more muscle under the hood and a tighter suspension choice. I understand not wanting to get too close to the Lexus brand but Toyota can go a little farther for those who love Toyotas but want more. Give the engineers the green light and let them follow through with a natural evolution. The Avalon will never replace a Lexus. So now all it needs is to get a few performance options to match its great looks. If these options were available, I'm convinced sales would jump. Further, an entirely new demographic would gravitate to the Avalon without the car loosing its mainstream buyers."

High tech with "sport sedan" ride

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Fantastic tech load, precision handling, enjoyable"

Cons: "Harsh ride for some people"

"Unbeatable tech in my 2013 Avalon Limited. Very strong areas are looks, interior design, interior materials and steering precision. Except for the seats and the ride quality I don't think there is a better car available for under $80,000. The one blemish, in vastly improving the seats so that the seat holds you in place is that the seat bottoms are very firm. Perhaps too firm for some. The ride is very different as well. It's clear that the attempt was to approach the sport sedan performance in ride and handling. Like a BMW, the new ride is quite firm but that is what allows for superior steering/handling of a "driver's car". If you want to drive a little more aggressively (European) then the stiff chassis and rougher ride come with it. I enjoy a much more secure feeling when I take a corner at speed."

Unbelievable!

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Doing my part to help us reach energy independence"

Cons: "... and having fun doing it!"

"Traded in an '08 Acura MDX for my new 2013 Avalon Hybrid Limited and three days later I'm still high with exuberance that I don't expect will wear off anytime soon. Let me qualify myself as a motorhead from the age of five, car guy all my life, even retired from a lifelong career in automotive. This car is the most unbelievable, technological achievement I've ever witnessed come from an auto manufacture that is both reasonably affordable and luxuriously useful. I could write a book on it's attributes ranging from luxury, comfort and pleasantness as a people mover, but I'll spare you the time. Yes, it's true what you might have read, that the Avalon is better than it's more expensive cousin, the Lexus, ES Hybrid, I drove it, then bought this without a test drive and with zero disappointment and with about 6k still in my bank account. I really thought I would miss the sound of a throaty 300 HP V6 engine with a sequential shift automatic and SH-AWD, with sporty steering feel ... blah-blah-blah! Today, I topped off the gas tank and reset all meters to zero and took a drive encompassing 65% freeway and 35% city stop and go. The steering feel is light and effortless, the hybrid powertrain works like a swiss watch, the media/JBL sound system/nav and HVAC systems are all spot on, the car operates whisper quiet and I returned home after covering about 95 miles, pulling into the garage with the average fuel usage meter indicating 42.9 MPG to that point. This car exceeded all my expectations at every level and I couldn't help thinking that Toyota could actually command more money for this car ... but I'm not tellin them that!"

Dramatic Change from previous models

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

"I have a V6 limited, was really really tempted tp get Hybrid but 'chickened out' at the end. I am 71 yrs old and maybe to set in my ways. I have owned 4 previou Avalons, 2005,2007,2008,2010. All have been flawless. Other than rountine oil changes I have never had ANY warranty work needed on them. I must say the 'cushy ride' and roomy interior were the big reasons I have owned them. (plus reliabilty and quality) Have always been amazed with the power of the v6 engine combined with the 30 plus mpg highway. Anyway, on with the 2013 Avalon. Here are major differences Exterior styling much improved Much better road handling (small penalty in 'cushy ride'} Interior completely changed looks luxurious and modern Much better sound system in Limited Much more technology in Navigation and safety systems Feels much more solid. A little quieter than previous models (which were fine) My 13 year old grandson and 39 year old son-inlaw now think I am pretty cool and love the car. Who'd a thunk it? Overall impression: The little sacrifice in 'cushy ride' was more than offset by upgrades inside and out, handling. new technolgy, more safety, and superior design. Everyone who has seen it or driven in it have been 'knocked out' with this car."

It is a super pleasure to drive

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, fun, exciting and has everything"

Cons: "Nothing yet."

"I own the Limited Hybrid. After owning a BMW and Mercedes for 17 years I am in love with this car. It is quiet and luxurious. Unlike my MB and BMW this car uses regular gas and inexpensive to maintain. The car drives like a wonder. The seats are very comfortable and supportive and the door openings are nice a wide. The technology is all you can ever ask for. Those who say that it is too bumpy know nothing about a driver's car. I am not looking for a floaty car that does not hold the road or sways when turning. This car feels every bit as capable as my two German cars."

The ride is terrible.

By on Monday, March 04, 2013

Pros: "Looks"

Cons: "Ride"

"Hard ride, hard seats, small trunk door. Hit my head every time I get in."

Love It!

By on Monday, March 04, 2013

Pros: "Gorgeous, smooth and comfortable, easy to drive"

Cons: "Smaller trunk because of Hybrid, but that's okay"

"My first car was Toyota, then went with Honda then Infiniti with 2 cars, now back to Toyota. I was concerned about going back to Toyota after Infiniti luxury, but I am not the least bit disappointed with the new Avalon. Absolutely love it--gorgeous lines and color (I have Blizzard, but other colors beautiful as well), beautiful and very comfortable interior, and a very quiet and smooth ride. This has all the bells and whistles for the right price. I have a Hybrid and just learning how to maximize fuel efficiency. I'll have this car for a very long time!"

The best Avalon generation

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, Quite, Smooth, Elagant"

Cons: "None Yet..."

"Owned the 2001 / 2007 / and present 2013 Touring Hybrid. The 2001 ride and interior topped the 2007 by far. The 2013 incorporates the ride and interior quaility of the 2001 with many more accesories and features than others. Much more travel range with our hybrid (600-miles per tank)and 40mpg. Much more appealing than the 2007 as well. The CVT transmission in my mind is the wave of the future. All passenger veichles should incorporate this technology. Smooth and consistant."

All areas are commendable.

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pros: "Looks, interior and exterior, are outstanding."

Cons: "More interior storage would have been nice."

"A totally complete sedan."

My first Avalon Hybrid is just too great.

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "Great comfort and style"

Cons: "None yet."

"I just traded in a 2007 GMC Yukon, too much gas and didn't need all the V8 power anymore. I got this car for my wife, we got to the dealer and they just happen to get the Blizzard White which supposedly is a limited color and boy it is very nice, the Avalon is basically the Lexus ES 350 but $10,000 cheaper, the ergonomics inside are much functional than the Lexus for some reason the Avalon is more curved on the dash. We got the Hybrid Touring and it comes with 3 driving settings electric, eco and sport, we use eco most of the time but the Sport mode it feels like the car is pulling harder every time I hit the gas, the gas consumption is virtually the same on both eco and sport, 17 gallons get me 515 miles but the electric mode helps a lot also. My wife was stoked with the smartkey locking system, the on/off button, the backup camera with the alert thing and of course the heated seats. One thing that I would like to mention is the fact that when is On you don't heard the engine but is in electric mode ready to start moving after a few seconds the gas motor kicks in so make sure you are parked. The back seat is the roomiest I've seen in a sedan this class and the sound system is very nice, we love the airbags for the kiddos in the back. Overall we love the Avalon and the gas savings, $40 a week of gas is not bad this days."

Great car. My first Toyota. Very satisfied.

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and a looker."

Cons: "None at this time."

"Beats the es 350 lexus, and Mercedes e350 for looks and ride. Close to a BMW 5 Series but better. Drove them all.Had have many great cars but this may be one the best.Love the car."

Feels Just Right!

By on Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pros: "Value"

"We traded in our 2006 BMW 750li for the 2013 Avalon. Maintenance was just costing too much for our BMW and the extended warranty ended. We decided to buy a Toyota/Lexus as we have owned a Lexus in the past which was very reliable. The problem was going from a 750li to a Toyota was going to be hard luxury wise and we didn't want to pay Lexus price tag. After test driving the Avalon we were happy with the price, ride, and luxury. First time that I bought a car without having any buyers remorse. Feels like we did a sensible purchase and got the car we wanted."

I love my 2013 Avalon Limited. It holds the road

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "Little pricie, but its worth it,"

Cons: "Haven't found any yet,"

"and drives like a dream and fun to drive. My Zephyr was hard to turn but this Avalon turns with one finger. So glad I piked my Avalon."

This is my 4th Avalon and by far the best one yet.

By on Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pros: "Quality Inside and Out,Comfort, Fun, Technology"

Cons: "No Auto Power adjustable Steering Wheel."

"I had a 1996, 2001 and a 2010 Avalons, I went away from the Avalon for a while and bought a 2005 and 2007 Acura TL for their sporty looks and handling. When it came time to buy another car I just couldn't go with the new design of the TL's so I went back to Toyota Avalon in 2010. I must say that the 2010 Avalon had a much smoother, quieter and more comfortable ride then the Buick LaCrosse, Acura TL and Lexus ES 350 that I test drove before buying that car. Well when I saw and drove the new 2013 Avolan I was sold right then and there. The styling, handling and cutting edge technology was such a big improvement I had to trade up. The ride, outside of bumps and rough roads, due to the tighter suspention, is just as good if not better, and the noise level is even less then the 2010. I feel I now have everything I want and need in a fine, fun, great handling and good looking car. It's like having my old Acura with a smoother, quieter better and more comfortable ride, and using regular gas instead of premium. Toyota got it right this time."

I love this car

By on Friday, November 02, 2012

Pros: "A dream to drive."

Cons: "Kind of boring exterior"

"This is my second Avalon. The first one was never in the shop for anything other than maintenance. I traded it in at 120,000 miles for the 2011. No problems. Beautiful and sturdy. The only con would be that everyone thinks it is a Camry until they get it in - the style is kind of boring."

Noisy and harsh ride compared to my '07 Avalon

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pros: "Nice looking, roomy"

Cons: "Noisy, uncomfortable highway car"

"- Excessive road, wind and engine noise is transmitted into cabin - Suspension transmits vibration and sound of all bunps, no matter how small, into cabin - Very uncomfortable highway car due to noisy and harsh ride"

Best Price for Luxury and Dependabiliity

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "Decent gas mileage for a luxury car and 6 cylinder"

Cons: "Cup holders too big in the 05 but adjustable."

"I actually own a 2002 and 2005 Toyota Avalon. I the 02 has 149k miles and the 05 has 110k miles. I love both cars and I will never drive anything else. The 05 is very stylish in the XLS with woodgrain interior and leather seats. I drove it 900 miles in July and it is super smooth on the highway. I prefer driving this vehicle on the highway more than in the city. It's made for the open road and not a lot of stop and go traffic. Put new tires on it and changed the oil. Had a 100k mile tune up done and it runs like a brand new vehicle. My 2002 rides super smooth as well but I like the look of the 05 better. Talk about value. The 2005 XLS is worth $13,711 and the 2002 XLS is worth $6,425 as of 8/13/2012 Kelly Blue Book."

You cannot go wrong when you buy a Toyota product

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pros: "See below"

Cons: "Fuel mileage"

"I have owned many cars in my lifetime. My first Toyota was a Cressida. When Toyota quit making them, I was disappointed. The Cressida was the second best car that I have ever owned. The 2011 Avalon is the best. It compares to the engineering, handling & safety of two Mercedes-Benz vehicles I have owned. I HIGHLY recommend this vehicle. Gas mileage, not so great, but I knew that before I bought it."

Luxury Toyota limo

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, stylish, smooth ride"

Cons: "Drivers seat needs more foam for comfort"

"This is my second Avalon and they are very reliable with a nice smooth ride. I have taken my Avalon back to service twice due to an alignment issue straight from delivery and wind noise that Toyota can't quite get it 100% right. Overall I'm satisfied with the car. I turn the radio up to tune out wind noise that's coming from the drivers window seal but Toyota service men can't diagnose it or has bad hearing. I have the blizzard pearl limited again and it looks very classy and stylish. The navigation and back up camera is very clear and looks to be in HD. I do love the car and it is very roomy. My 5'10 son has no complaints when taking the back seat. It handles easy and has a lot pep to the engine. I must also add that I average 27-30 mpg, not bad for a car this size!"

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

Pros: "20 MPG City 30-31 MPG Highway"

Cons: "Navigation system is a letdown from TomTom"

"Have owned 16 NEW cars. Fords, Volkswagen, Chevrolet, Dodge, Chrysler, Honda, Oldsmobile, Buick, and Toyota. Current Toyota are Corolla and Avalon. Had Camry but wanted larger road car and got Avalon. 1990 Oldsmobile is only car I had (165000 miles) that came close to Toyota in quality and Reliability."

pleased with purchase

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage for a big size car"

Cons: "no heated seats unless upgrading to limited model"

"Have had the 2011 Avalon for about 8 months, 13,500 miles so far. Averaging 25 mpg, which is great. Disappointed that both models don't come with heated seats. Rear view mirror placement seems to be in the line of vision sometimes, but I do have my seat raised. Love the bluetooth feature for both phone use and music from ipod. USB port is in a terrible location - take three hands to plug in USB! Love the car, just a few nit picky items here and there. Very reliable and great looking car. Would buy again."

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pros: "Good value, comfortable, good lighting"

Cons: "No all wheel drive"

"We bought a car instead of a truck or SUV. I did not want to buy a car or a non-USA vehicle, but I lost both arguments with my wife. The Avalon Limited is nice for the price. The size is deceptive in that it does not look as big on the outside as it feels on the inside. It is only front wheel drive, so it was scary for me being a four wheel drive type when we drove it home in the snow. It did well in the snow. The headlights are great. They are brighter than any other vehicle I've ever had. Great for highway driving. If you like cars, and you like nav and lots of other nice features in a solid car, this is highly recommended. I really like this (don't tell my wife)."

Only one defect

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Cons: "Rear window has multi lights at night."

"Everything is great except that at night with vechiles behind, there is two rows of lights (about 10 lights for each vechile) for EVERY vechile there is behind you. Driving in muliti lanes is confusing. (Is the car in my lane or not?). The dealership service area is no help. I will be getting rid of this car, because of this defect, most likely this month."

VERY DISAPPOINTED

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Cons: "TRANSMISSION -- INTERIOR IS REALLY CHEAP PLASTIC"

"IN HILLY TERRAIN THE CAR WILL DOWN SHIFT INSTEAD OF COASTING BETWEEN 25-40 MPH. TRANSMISSION IS SLIPPERY IN ACCERALATING. LET A FRIEND DRIVE IT AND MADE THE SAME COMMENT. THIS IS FIRST TOYOTA AND I'M VERY SURPRISED AND DISAPPOINTED."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next