2013 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,577 - $28,783.

10/8.6

Based on 108 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

I love this car. it is luxurious and comfortable.

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive. Very good gas mileage"

Cons: "Hybrid battery won't last for life & expensive"

"I would recommend this car to anyone. I bought in December; so far I am very satisfied. the only downside may be the price; but you cannot afford a Lexus, you will be happy with this car and the price."

Every time i get in i'm amazed

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "Sweet to drive; has everything you need"

Cons: "over complicated GPS"

"i like everything about this machine. makes driving fun without having to speed around. very quite. like the metal flake red paint!"

Cons: "Front end vibration at certain speeds."

"This is my 4th Avalon and the ride has been changed. It has a front end vibration which according to Toyota is a characteristic of the car. Toyota told me that they hoped that I would get used to it. Although all other aspects are good, I am not able to become accustomed and am in process of changing. Disappointed that Toyota and dealer did not stand behind product."

Good Car Not Great

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "good lookin"

Cons: "RADIO, TIRES"

"I find the front seats uncomfortable. My single biggest dislike is the radio. You spend a decent amount of money for a "luxury car" and you are not offered sirius /internet radio..Please.. you can transfer numbers and contacts from a phone ( only certain phones). BUT , you CANNOT add names and phones directly into the radio. Very disapponted in radio all around... Sound for radio is fair. Had car for two months, no problems.NOt sure IO would buy this car again., need to more to determine"

Nice hybrid, but wanting in some features

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Style & driveability"

Cons: "NAV = primitive, features hard to use or modify"

"NAV system is primitive compared to my five year old 5” TomTom™. There’s no 3D, there are no traffic light cameras and there is no display of current speed limits. Programming the NAV for the next destination is a tedious. In seven years the NAV system has moved ahead one year in its development [see below]. Further, the NAV system voice even at the lowest level #1 is much too loud; and there is no way to lower the volume, save disabling all sound. It is far louder than my 2007 Toyota Avalon Limited at sound level #1. There is a plastic chrome bezel around the instrument cluster. When sun hits the bezel, it is most distracting. Bought the hybrid and knew trunk was smaller than non-hybrid. Just so all are aware, one loses about 20% of trunk volume and depth. Can’t manually switch NAV system from daylight view to night time view and vice versa. Dealer team says that’s the way it is, Pressing various touch screen commands and tactile buttons causes a loud beep to emanate. The sound [beep] is too loud for my likes. But, no way to adjust the sound level of the beep. Dealer team says that’s the way it is…Ugly situation. One must reach behind and to the lower left of the steering wheel to reach any of the four buttons. One activates rear sun shade. There is no difference in tactile feel to the switches. So one must avert view of the road to press the correct switch. If one wears gloves it only exacerbates the issue. I mentioned this in written feedback to Toyota seven years. It’s nice to see that Toyota ignores the voice of the consumer. Dealer team says that’s the way it is…Ugly situation. For the right front passenger who might not be agile, it is more than a chore to reach the door handle to close the door. The “handle” is quite small and at a distance. For the right front passenger who might not be agile, it is a challenge to reach the door or to use the door to obtain purchase [assistance] in existing the vehicle. The “handle” is quite small and at a distance. Center console cup holders are rather shallow, less so than my departed 2007 Avalon. My 2007 Avalon had a DVD for instructions. The 2014 arrived with multiple “books” totaling in excess of 700 pages. And some pages are akin to term papers with “references” to other pages / books. This is a quite tedious learning process with a vehicle that has a myriad number of buttons, switches, etc Toyota does not make the manuals / guides available at its website. Downloading would allow easier searches for a keyword or item. Seats very comfortable. Hybrid mode is super."

overall great car

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "resale value fuel econ handling and visibility"

Cons: "remote start bridgestone tires"

"coming from a 2010 lacrosse the avalons drivers room is superior and visibilty much better.gas mileage about 32 hwy only complaints are the poor quality of the remote start systems range. dont expect more than 60'.ride and road noise comes from 18" rims and bridgestone tires."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Got a good deal on the price."

Cons: "The door has to be unlock before you open the gas"

"Great on gas , good ride!!"