2013 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,683 - $37,117.

10/8.6

Based on 86 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Places to Go - People to See

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Just what I needed"

Cons: "Nothing worth noting."

"This is my "highway" car. Drove to NEPA Pocono Area with my electronic drums in the trunk. The July shakedown cruise to our yearly SummerJam proved the Avalon's capability. I tend to travel fast (above the speed limit) and got almost 30 MPG while feeling safe and in control. Love the transmission and the steering and despite what MT may say about "steering feedback" I didn't find that a negative since I didn't want a "sports car" or want to "feel the road". Spent almost three weeks driving around the N.E.P.A. area roads that I grew up driving on (I live in Tampa), these are what we call "driving! roads". Again, the car made it a blast - it went everywhere like it owned the road. Giants Despair Hill Climb road or Blue Ridge Parkway @ Shenandoah National Park. Day or night we (friends and family) had a blast just driving around and seeing "the old places". Paddle shifting was precise when used and the stereo performance with my iPod matched. (Sat radio? jury out.) Deer or possum attracted to the new car smell tried to jump aboard but the handling, brakes and headlights defeated them. THIS is just what I need in a car. I don't need to "make a statement" to anyone with the car I drive. I just need a car to carry my drums and wife safely to those people and places we love."

A great automobile

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "good looks and a sporty ride"

Cons: "Cubbies should be lined to reduce noise frm items"

"After a rocky start with headliner issues, which have been corrected, I find the Avalon Ltd. to be a great vehicle with a very satisfactory resale vale. This automobile can compete with Mercedes and BMW in luxury, handling and style. I will definitely buy another one."

Just ONE of the best cars I've ever owned!

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drives, handles like a much smaller auto..."

Cons: "Some of the shiny trim on the dash needs to go...."

"Had gone to the dealer to replace tires on my '09 Camry XLE & this '13 Magnetic Grey Limited was in the showroom & caught my eye. Test drove it & was immediately sold. This car handles great although if you're looking for the previous Avalon's plushy ride, it's definitely not here, it's a firm but solid ride, even quite more firmer than my '09 Camry. The seats are oversized, comfortable & have 3 cooling and 3 heating temperatures, a blessing when the weather turns really cold. The Limited is loaded with x-tras that really enhance the overall experience driving this auto. I like the auto headlight dimmers, Bluetooth, fantastic stereo, GPS, backup camera clear and fast to respond, auto wipers, etc., etc. Safety features such as lane departure warning, backup, side & rear & front impact warnings are spot on (I've tried all the warning systems & they are spot-on. Also, believe it or not, my insurance rate has dropped considerably over the '09 Camry because of all the safety features. Dollar for dollar, this is the best auto you can buy in today's market. I have over 2k miles and am looking forward to many more happy miles."

2013 Avalon Hybrid

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "gas milage, roomy, performance, blind spot monitor"

Cons: "can't think of any"

"I have been a GM man all my life up until the Government bailed them out. And we lost Pontiac. I decided to try a Toyota Avalon Hybrid. I purchased it in Nov 2013 and have only driven it in winter.and only in town with one trip which I got over 40mpg. With leaving the car run a lot this winter because of brutal cold we have had and as my wife runs into the grocery store I'm still getting over 35mpg and that is checking by the actual gas I use, not the gage that tells you the amount, it is off by about 1 to 2 mpg. I really like this car its roomy and comfortable Memory seats are a plus for two drivers. I really like the sport mode because it makes the car feel like a 6cyl it surprised me when I used it for the first time, I like fast cars any way, so to have a hybrid that accelerate like does is a big plus. Now if you have four adults in the car in sport mode it does not perform like when i'm alone. I chose the Avalon over the Camry because of the trunk room and overall features. Love the blind spot monitors and back up camera. My wife had a hard time backing up a long drive way, now with a backup camera she does it like a pro."

My 5th Toyota/Lexus product

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Great price--end of year--I like the drive--quiet"

Cons: "dash controls sometimes too sensitive"

"I was able to buy a 2013 Avalon Hybrid Limited in November, 2013 during the yearly changeover with what I thought was an incredible discount, and I got 5 yrs 0% interest financing through Toyota. They do this during the end of the model year. I went with the 2013 instead of the 2014 since minimal changes were going to occur, and like I said, there was an incredible discount online without having to haggle at my dealership! This car is the most luxurious Toyota product I have owned-even more than my older Lexus ES300. The previous Avalons had that "my Grandfather's Buick" look, but this is a totally different animal, because I would not have gone for the older models. I saw the negative reviews about the dash glare, and yes I noticed it initially, but that has gone away as I have gotten used to the car. And, I was shocked to find out my car insurance actually went down due to the new safety features! The new backup camera with parking guide grid and beeping if car is coming by is great. Get that if you go for one. We have had some very cold weather lately here, and I have noticed the hybrid batteries don't like that, so mileage is not as good in the hard winter and probably will be during the hot summer as my previous 2010 Camry Hybrid had the same issues. But, I even on bad days, my lowest mileage is still above 30 mpg. And I have a lead foot on the accelerator. So, yeah, it would fun to have a BMW, another Lexus, Audi, etc, but I look at what I want. I want a car that will start without issues, and nice to my butt as I drive it. Also, this car, so far, has been so good to my wallet--probably $20 grand lower than an Audi or BMW with same equipment. But, if you are a true hard loving sport driving, hard seats person, probably not the car for you. I love mine, though :-)"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25