2013 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,398 - $36,918.

10/8.6

Based on 102 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

FINE CAR, BUT A "ROUGHRIDER"

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

"A well built vehicle with many fine features, but suspension is very tight and does not take rough roads like previous models we own/have owned; 2010 and 1997. Also right front seat has a rattle when seat is reclined, a similar problem found in the 2010 model, still not corrected. If the rough ride could be corrected, this would be great vehicle."

Great car for the money

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

Cons: "No all wheel drive"

"Would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a full sized sedan with all the features and technology one would need."

my 3rd avalon, great car

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "we love the blind spot warnig lights"

Cons: "very little trunk space"

"I have owned the Avalon hybrid for 16 months. I was able to go threw one bad winter and working on my second summer. the first summer the we drove the car at highway speeds @ about 64 mph and was able to achieve 37 mpg at a distance of 22 miles. The 2nd summer, now that the car has some mileage on it we took a trip to LaGuardia Air Port NY. from Port Jefferson, NY. and achieved 43.9 mpg. round trip with 4 people in the car with luggage and air conditioning on. On secondary roads I recently drove 3 miles and achieved 60.1 mpg, not to bad for a full size car. The normal local driving we achieve about 44 to 54 mpg. In the winter however these numbers are NOT achievable. A 5 mile trip we may get 33 to 37 mpg tops and again it all depends on the ambient temperature. The highway is the same results, about 34 to 39 mpg. Note; I am a professional driver."

Average Car

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"Pros: Averaging 37 mpg in mixed driving... Large Interior... Decent Technology... 0% financing for 60 months when purchased... I find it fun to drive for a large car... large trunk space for a hybrid... Cons: Display is very difficult to see during the day, should be angled differently... Paint chips too easily - have more chips in 2 months than on my old car in 8 years... Reliability - car in shop for 5 days already for brake problem (service bulletin has been issued)... Radio - horrible, horrible reception... Display claims better mpg than when I calculate it myself based on gallons filled and mileage driven - is this done to give folks impression of better gas mileage cause it's a hybrid??"

Not a camry hybrid

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Fuel mileage, reliability, space, gps, all excelle"

Cons: "hard to reach buttons on climate control, mildew"

"The Dash panel is very hard to reach from the drivers seat and I am a 6ft male, very easy to accidentally hit buttons on and off, rides stiff, because the car is heavier it isn't as quick as the Camry hybrid. Car has intermittent mildew smells that will not go away. (Google and you will see I am not the only one.) The good is the mileage, 39 mpg is about the avg, the toyota intune has the best gps in the business and the hands free works great. All i all a nice car but 30K later and i am ready to try something that doesn't put off mold and mildew smells."

Great car, very nice pick up and great ride

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "expensive but great comfort, ride, handling & mpg"

Cons: "trunk space lousy!!"

"Love this vehicle, 38 to 40 mpg average, very good ride and handling. The only problem is a total lack of trunk space. You couldn't get two sets of golf clubs in this trunk."

Nicest car I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Technology package, gas mileage, great handling"

Cons: "Rear seats not ventilated."

"I own two Lexus vehicles, an 02' and a 92', I realize there is several years between my Avalon and the two Lexus, but the difference is astounding. I also owned and sold an 04' Camry XLE to purchase the Avalon. The Avalon is the quietest car I have ever driven. It's very comfortable smooth, fast and quiet. It gets great mileage 24 to 30+, and many luxury features. I did 5 months of research before the purchase, looking at all other vehicles in its class, and the Avalon won hands down."

This car runs beautifully and is well designed for

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "Greqat power and hugs the road"

Cons: "It is not as comfortable as a Cadillac DeVille,"

"Having become used to the cushioned ride of Cadillac DeVille over past 10 years, the only negative comment I can make about the Avalon is that it is not as well cushioned when the road gets bumpy. The mileage on highway with A/C is 32 mpg. Road noise is minimal. Rear seat area very spacious, with separate heat/air controls. I highly recommend this auto for 4-5 passengers."

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "Great Price regular gas great MPG"

"I looked at the following cars: 300 ES350 Impala Taurus Avalon I have a 2006 Toyota Avalon Touring and it has 76000 and runs great. After driving the above cars, it was down to the ES350,Impala and the Avalon. I had to rule one out and it was the Impala. It was a tough decision between the ES350 and the Avalon. The Avalon was a little bigger and wider and was thousands less. When the dealer offered me a new 2013 for a great price my decision was made. The handling is great. With the ECO mode on I just got over 30mpg with four people. The technology is great. I also like the Blind Spot Monitor. So far no complaints. The roads in NY suffered a bad winter, but this car takes the potholes great. The car is very quick."

Awesome, but drives like a sports car

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive with out a doubt"

Cons: "the technology pkg leaves nothing to imagination"

"Please with all aspects, except the suspension is like a sports car. Turns corners with out throwing passengers to the side. If you like luxury in a sports car, you got it. Just remember while it is a mini Lexus, it does not have the Lexus soft ride. I couldn't afford a Lexus. This was the next best thing."

The 2014 Avalon is a wonderful vehicle!

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Great price"

"The vehicle is great inside and out. The drive of the vehicle is so smooth and relaxing. The handsfree bluetooth, touch screen, and backup camera is awesome!"

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "ECO Normal SPort mode, ELectrical sterring, Stero"

Cons: "So far none."

"I have a 2006 Toyota Avalon Touring and it is great. I just leased a 2013 Toyota Avalon Touring. It is great. NY had a bad winter and the car handles the bumps and holes well. There is no vibration in the front. Bring the car back to Toyota and check the tires and suspension. Someone I know said the car had a bad ride and felt every bump. The problem was the tires were set at 40 instead of 32. That solved the problem. For a full size car that is not broken in yet I am getting 25.2 average gas mileage on regular. The car is very quick. The handling is great. I love the ECO Normal and Sport mode. I looked at the ES350, 300, Impala and the Avalon. The Avalon won. The ES350 was better but I did not think it was worth 10,000 more. Try and get a 2013 the BSM is included."

Finest car I've ever owned!

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "Handling, comfort, quiet, tecnology, gas mileage"

Cons: "Too many soft touch keys. But I enjoy them too."

"I've had several cadillacs, top of the line Oldsmobiles and Buicks. This is hands down the best. I especially love the Hybrid- Gas mileage is incredible... 40.3 mpg average overall hrough 29,000 miles! And it's so quiet... I'm on the phone most of the time, and I can do this on speakerphone. I also get so many comments... Wanting to know what kind of car it is... Because its so good looking! The seats are the most comfortable I could find... And I looked and checked all the luxuary cars for comfort... None better."

car is fantastic

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

"I love this car, looks are distictive and young. Ride is great but still handles. JBL stereo is my favorite feature although I would not be without cooled seats again or blind spot monitors. Definitelt recommend."

I love this car. it is luxurious and comfortable.

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive. Very good gas mileage"

Cons: "Hybrid battery won't last for life & expensive"

"I would recommend this car to anyone. I bought in December; so far I am very satisfied. the only downside may be the price; but you cannot afford a Lexus, you will be happy with this car and the price."

Every time i get in i'm amazed

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "Sweet to drive; has everything you need"

Cons: "over complicated GPS"

"i like everything about this machine. makes driving fun without having to speed around. very quite. like the metal flake red paint!"

Cons: "Front end vibration at certain speeds."

"This is my 4th Avalon and the ride has been changed. It has a front end vibration which according to Toyota is a characteristic of the car. Toyota told me that they hoped that I would get used to it. Although all other aspects are good, I am not able to become accustomed and am in process of changing. Disappointed that Toyota and dealer did not stand behind product."

Good Car Not Great

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "good lookin"

Cons: "RADIO, TIRES"

"I find the front seats uncomfortable. My single biggest dislike is the radio. You spend a decent amount of money for a "luxury car" and you are not offered sirius /internet radio..Please.. you can transfer numbers and contacts from a phone ( only certain phones). BUT , you CANNOT add names and phones directly into the radio. Very disapponted in radio all around... Sound for radio is fair. Had car for two months, no problems.NOt sure IO would buy this car again., need to more to determine"

Nice hybrid, but wanting in some features

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Style & driveability"

Cons: "NAV = primitive, features hard to use or modify"

"NAV system is primitive compared to my five year old 5” TomTom™. There’s no 3D, there are no traffic light cameras and there is no display of current speed limits. Programming the NAV for the next destination is a tedious. In seven years the NAV system has moved ahead one year in its development [see below]. Further, the NAV system voice even at the lowest level #1 is much too loud; and there is no way to lower the volume, save disabling all sound. It is far louder than my 2007 Toyota Avalon Limited at sound level #1. There is a plastic chrome bezel around the instrument cluster. When sun hits the bezel, it is most distracting. Bought the hybrid and knew trunk was smaller than non-hybrid. Just so all are aware, one loses about 20% of trunk volume and depth. Can’t manually switch NAV system from daylight view to night time view and vice versa. Dealer team says that’s the way it is, Pressing various touch screen commands and tactile buttons causes a loud beep to emanate. The sound [beep] is too loud for my likes. But, no way to adjust the sound level of the beep. Dealer team says that’s the way it is…Ugly situation. One must reach behind and to the lower left of the steering wheel to reach any of the four buttons. One activates rear sun shade. There is no difference in tactile feel to the switches. So one must avert view of the road to press the correct switch. If one wears gloves it only exacerbates the issue. I mentioned this in written feedback to Toyota seven years. It’s nice to see that Toyota ignores the voice of the consumer. Dealer team says that’s the way it is…Ugly situation. For the right front passenger who might not be agile, it is more than a chore to reach the door handle to close the door. The “handle” is quite small and at a distance. For the right front passenger who might not be agile, it is a challenge to reach the door or to use the door to obtain purchase [assistance] in existing the vehicle. The “handle” is quite small and at a distance. Center console cup holders are rather shallow, less so than my departed 2007 Avalon. My 2007 Avalon had a DVD for instructions. The 2014 arrived with multiple “books” totaling in excess of 700 pages. And some pages are akin to term papers with “references” to other pages / books. This is a quite tedious learning process with a vehicle that has a myriad number of buttons, switches, etc Toyota does not make the manuals / guides available at its website. Downloading would allow easier searches for a keyword or item. Seats very comfortable. Hybrid mode is super."

overall great car

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "resale value fuel econ handling and visibility"

Cons: "remote start bridgestone tires"

"coming from a 2010 lacrosse the avalons drivers room is superior and visibilty much better.gas mileage about 32 hwy only complaints are the poor quality of the remote start systems range. dont expect more than 60'.ride and road noise comes from 18" rims and bridgestone tires."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Got a good deal on the price."

Cons: "The door has to be unlock before you open the gas"

"Great on gas , good ride!!"

great car but lots of road noise

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Great looking inside and out"

Cons: "way too much road noise on the highway"

"This is a basic car but it is gorgeous inside and out. My only complaint, and to me it's huge, is there is a lot of road noise that comes into the cabin when you're on the highway. Totally my fault for not taking it on the highway to test it (only around town). I talked to the dealer about it and they said other Avalons were just as noisy when they compared them to mine. My gut tells me that Toyota really skimped on insulation for this car and if that is so, they just lost my business. I went from having a perfect 2004 Camry to what I hoped would be a step up, not two steps down."