2010 Toyota Avalon

Based on 565 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

worst buy

By on Monday, April 27, 2009

"My 2006 avalon visited more than 15 times the mechanics. More than eigth times with an oil leak, three times with problems with the lifters, problems with the passanger window and others problems. Is my worst buy The local Toyota customer service is the worst customer service in the world"

a Lexus in Toyota clothes

By on Saturday, January 26, 2008

"('05 Limited w/ all options, bought 8/05) A wonderful vehicle with more bells and whistles than expected for the price. Gets far better mpg (often >32 mpg hwy) than one would expect from such a large and powerful car. Long wheelbase yields much interior space and very comfortable ride. Controls work in typical silky smooth Toyota fashion. Extensive safety features are standard. Has been a wonderful companion for multiple long road trips to South, Mid-Atlantic, and New England areas. No reliability issues in 43K miles so far through three northern winters. Seems like this car is Toyota's sometimes overlooked high value jewel at a relative bargain price. Would buy this car again in a flash. Selling dealership always provides free service loaner vehicle if requested when making appointment. We love this car."

Love this car...but

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"I love this car, all the extras like sensor cruise control, automatic rear window shade, extra room in back with seats that tilt and flat floor board and wonderful get-up-and-go power! But the 2005 model, the first year for the new style, should be avoided. Some kinks should've been worked out like reving transmission in first gear while going uphill. Of course the dealership doesn't admit it happens to them when they drive it. This happened in the first week of buying it! And the salesman said it came with remote start and shut off but it didn't. All in all, I'd buy it again and again, just not the first year model of 2005."

Best vehicle ever!!!

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Nice drive"

Cons: "No mp3 in my 2006"

"I love this car! I will buy another Avalon when it is time to buy again. It is Reliable, dependable, and worth the price. The ride is very smooth and handles turns very well. I have 3 other toyota's, all of which are great, but the Avalon is by far my favorite. Great overall vehicle. You won't be disappointed!"

Very Good car BUT.....

By on Saturday, April 28, 2012

Pros: "good mieage per gallon"

"This car blew an oil line at 77K. Toyota replaced with a new engine. After another 75K, that engine started making a noise like it was chewing marbles. One Toyota and one independent mechanic said I needed another engine (too costly to repair). I have kept driving it since and it just keeps running. Very comfortable and quiet (as long as you don't roll the window down and hear the engine)"

Loving it.

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, agile, quite, clear sights."

Cons: "music system, small access to truck from interior"

"From the moment I sat in the luxurious and comfortable driver's seat and realized how airy the interior was, I was hooked. There wasn't anything the salesperson could add to convince me to purchase this vehicle. The agility, comfort, and quietness of the drive was only confirmation. For the cost, I was very impressed at what I was buying. I have since enjoyed this vehicle and am not close to letting it go except for possibly a newer model."

I love this car!!!!!

By on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Pros: "all pros no cons"

"I have truly enjoyed my Avalon for the 6 1/2 years that I have owned it. Absolutely the best car I have ever owned. Great MPG, classic good looks, dependable and a sporty feel that is hard to put into words. "Who could ask for anything more?""

best car I ever owned (cadillacs and lincolns)

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "quiet, smooth, fast"

Cons: "cover for radio sometimes sticks."

"I bought this car new in 05. I have never regretted my decision. It is positively the finest and most reliable car I have ever owned. My previuos car was a Lincoln Town car. Prior to that 3 cadillacs. I compare this to a Lexus 4 series at approx 25000 dollars saving."

Great ride...needs better paint on front end

By on Friday, September 30, 2011

"This is my second Avalon and I have enjoyed both vehicles. The only negatives on both cars is the print seems thin on the front and chips easily from normal road debris. Extremely roomy for all passengers!!!"

one of the best vehicles

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"Love the interior, Great passenger comfort and room ,back seat roomy with plenty leg room, large trunk space very impressive engine response , engine and interior very quiet, low road noise, no air noise at highway speeds insturment accesabilityfor driver is very good"

08 touring and 10 avalon xls

By on Friday, December 03, 2010

"Love this car!!.this is my second avalon.first one was a o8 touring with 98k miles on it.great car too.never had one problem with it.always used the best synthic oil and never cheap gas.always plus or better.always did the service on time.do it your self saves alot more than goin to the dealer.my wife whos 23 totaled that car on the highway,buckled the roof,front end smashed in and bad rear frame damaged.only walked away with some bruises and her nerves shot.i would love a lexus but this car is just as good and much more reasonable.my little girl loves the back seat so roomy and comfortable.great for long trips.it has great acceleration for a v6,same motor as the gs and es lexus.(doesnt take long to get to 140mph!).great car!!!!"

My 09 Avalon Limited

By on Monday, January 11, 2010

"I bought a high end Toyota instead of a low end Lexus. I love this car. It has a smooth ride and all the quality I thought it would! I traded my 08 Camry SE for this Avalon and I do miss my touch screen navigation system the Camry had! I am sure if Toyota continues this model they will redesign the dash and put in the touch screen system. The car is perfect and I would recommend this large sedan to anyone that likes a lot of comfortable space in a car. THANK YOU TOYOTA!"

Terrible in the snow!

By on Monday, January 04, 2010

"Bought my 08 Avalon Limited new and also have Blizzak snow tires on the car due to living in Cleveland area. Traction control on car causes engine to drop to idle while trying to negotiate a snow covered hill. Dealer checked out car an says this is normal. There is no way to defeat the traction control (unlike my Sienna which has a traction control button). I have a modest hill by my job site and this situation has resulted in the car coming to a complete stop on the hill. I had to completely back down the hill, put it in neutral, rev the engine, and then slam it into drive to get the car to move. Otherwise, the front wheels just sit and gently spin. Been driving in snow for almost 30 years, so I have a pretty good experience base. This is by far the worst car in the snow I have ever owned. And I doubt I will have this car much longer because of this issue. The car is actually dangerous in the snow. In other news, I've always had sportier cars or SUVs, and this car is quite boring to drive and to look at. It has a great smooth ride, but is very isolated from any road feedback. I am just not thrilled with this car, compared to most any other car I have ever owned."

Lexus luxury 4 Toyota price

By on Sunday, February 15, 2009

"I have a '95 and '07 Avalon and both work just fine. The ride is like butter, The gas mileage is better than BMW, Acura, Mercerdes check it out at fueleconomy.gov. The logic goes like this: Why buy the smallest Lexus when I can have the biggest Toyota for the same money, fully loaded all the fixins'. It's simply the best car I have ever owned!!!"

GREAT CAR

By on Monday, November 24, 2008

"I PURCHASED IN FEB OF THIS YEAR.WAS A LEASED CAR FROM OUT OF STATE.THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED.GREAT HIGHWAY CAR 29 TO 33MPG ON THE HWY AND 25 TO 28 AROUND TOWN.COMFORT,QUIET AND PLENTY OF POWER.A REAL BLACK BEAUTY,LOOKS BETTER THAN LEXUS OR BMW.WOULD RECOMEND TO ANY-ONE.THE WIFE IS ALWAYS WANTING TO DRIVE IT ANYWHERE,IT LOOKS SOOO GOOD"

Avalon Ltd.

By on Thursday, November 13, 2008

"An excellant car with lots of room and comfort. Quality is not quite up to Lexus standarda, but very close. It has the room of the large Lexus with all the bells and whistles but a price of around $20,000 less. Good gas milage. Around 27 to 27 around town and 30+ on the highway. Highly recommended."

Outstanding near luxury vehichle

By on Sunday, November 02, 2008

"I am 43 with 3 teen kids and a 40 minute commute to work. I was reluctant to buy such a big sedan as the Avalon, especially with its "old man" image and the high price for the Limted model. Now after 3 years driving it, I can say with certainty it is an outstanding vehicle and has turned out to be a great value. It is comfortable, has almost the same luxury amenities as Lexus, Acura and other luxury models, and has never given me any headaches. Maintenance has been by the book with oil changes and regular service, with no additional surprises. The ride is a joy, especially on the highway. The sound system is truly outstanding. My kids love the limo-like back seat, with huge leg room and no hump on teh floor in the middle. I have not seen other cars like that and most other near luxury models, even large ones, have uncomfortable middle rear seating. I only have 2 complaints about the car. One is that it is pretty big, so a tight fit in my garage or parking spaces. Worth it for the high level of comfort. The other is that the Nav system can be a pain to get used to. Once mastered, it works flawlessly every time. But awkward to enter addresses due to the toggle button being of poor design. I would recommend to any friend and plan to keep it when the lease runs out."

Better than my Benz

By on Monday, March 24, 2008

"Cons: The radio display is truncated "for safety" which is something you don't have to put up with in most cheap cars. The Nav system is terrible. Buy a portable. Pros: This car has the best ride of any car I have owned or ridden in. That includes my Mercedes. It is quiet (esp. the Limited which I own). It gets better gas mileage than most economy cars. I average about 28 mpg on my commute and get over 30 on long highway trips. With heated and air conditioned seats, beautiful leather and wood trim the interior is of the highest quality and provides excellent room and comfort for people of all sizes (and with the range of folks in my family I mean that literally!) I do not believe you can buy a better luxury car for the money. And for those of you in whom the teenage hot-rodder still occasionally springs to life, there is a wonderful response when you tromp on the throttle. The best car I have ever owned."

Quite A Pleasant Surprise!

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2008

"A smooth, powerful, and responsive ride! Imagine my surprise at consistently getting 30MPG on the freeways! Besides all this...it's extremely roomy and comfortable! Excellent value for the money!"

Awesome!

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"I LOVE this car. I bought the loaded Limited and sure glad I did, saved the cost of a Lexus and have more room. Went from a Crown Vic to this and there is no comparison. My passengers love the roomy back seat - much more foot room than Lexus. I use the nav system and love my moonroof. Even with street/freeway driving I get 26 mpg. Great combination of good handling and smooth ride, and quiet too. I just can't say enough good things about it. So forget the Lexus and get an Avalon."

Disapointed in nav & interior look

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"Have a 2005 avalon limited with nav. The nav system is NOT touch screen so it is extremely difficult to use and you cannot program while driving which makes it useless on long trips. Every other make, ie. Honda, Ford, BMW ect. are touch and programmable while driving. No outside temperature, radio station & other info without changing display and losing your nav screen. I do not like the aluminum console mixed with the wood finish and the wood is too light with tan leather. Saying all that, it still is the best value out there as far as reliability, cabin room & features. Very comparable with Lexus LS 430 without the styling and attention to detail."

Excellent Buy

By on Sunday, August 19, 2007

"We have had our Avalon for a couple years now and have been blown away by the quality of the car on a whole. It has plenty of luxury, power, and style. In my opinion, there is no better bang for the buck if you are looking for the blend of luxury, power, and fun.*"

Great for large people

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"Aside from the obnoxious "adaptive" cruise control this is a very pleasant vehicle and you can bypass that unfortunate feature. Space is by far the best in it's price range. Fuel economy is excellent at 22 local and 33 hwy and there is plenty of power. Handeling is a bit mushy compared to our previous BMW but the wife absolutely loves the car. It has been totally trouble free in the first 12K miles. Depreciation has been better than average too."

It's been a fabulous car-not sure I want to sell

By on Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Pros: "reliability, beauty, comfort,"

Cons: "cant think of a thing..."

"This has been the best car I have ever owned next to my Camry and Cadillac Seville. I have had only ONE repair, that was recalled and I didn't go in to have done...comfort, reliability, performance, I cant say enough about it."

only neg. is the Navigation system

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "lots of interior room and great hwy gas mi."

Cons: "poor controls for navigation system"

"This is the 2nd Avalon I've owned. Kept both for 8 years ea. Love the interior seating room and the large trunk space. The ride is very smooth and quiet. Would buy another but the 2014 redesign seems to have had a negative effect on the smooth quiet ride. Very sad to see so many negative consumer reviews."