2010 Toyota Avalon

Based on 495 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Most enjoyable car ever owned.

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "It's a Lexus without the Lexus price premium!"

Cons: "Cup holders should have some sort of light."

"Bought the car because my wife liked the full power adjustments on the front seats. I liked the design. Toyota's reputation was also a strong factor."

non smoker,very clean, well kept, new tires.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "At 65 mph on fairly level highway 35 mpg"

Cons: "no backup camera"

"This is a luxury car that gets a lot of compliments.It always looks nice and very shiny dark gray. If you are particular like I am, you will love this car."

Excellent Condition

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Luxury"

Cons: "No Navigation installed"

"Excellent Condition/Like New/Luxury/Well taken care of..."

Incredible vehicle

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "great quality built in all features"

Cons: "pricey but worth it. Drove the last one for 11 yrs"

"average mileage = 26 mpg. I can't believe you can have this much luxury and fuel economy."

Good car, but not great

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Quiet, quick, gas mileage, spacious, visibility"

Cons: "Wind noise, handling, seat design"

"First of all I DO own this car. For some reason I wasn't able to post using the "I own this car" icon. Anyway, when shopping for a newer car my wife and I wanted a spacious, comfortable, reliable, full size luxury type car to replace my wife's aging 2001 Continental. We looked at all cars that met this criteria including the Genesis, Buick LaCrosse and used Lucernes, Lincoln MKZ and MKS, Audi A6, and some others. We eliminated the Audi due to cost but that was my favorite. The Lincolns are nice cars but outward visibility was lacking and this feature was most important to my wife. (The rear-view cameras are a nice feature but I don't think as reliable as actually seeing out the rear window.) The LaCrosse had the poorest outward vision of them all. I felt like I was in a cave. The Lucerne's were very old school inside even though they met all other criteria. I liked the Genesis but was a bit concerned about the reliability and Hyundai service down the road. I was hesitant to buy a Toyota since there are so many and I would have preferred a less common vehicle. After driving the Avalon (2011 Limited silver on gray) it was obvious that this car met every single criteria we had. It's the most spacious car of any we looked at and probably all that we didn't. It rides like on a cloud. It does everything flawlessly. The NAV and Bluetooth took some getting used to but after reading the manuals they become very intuitive and easy and effective to use. We both like the gray leather interior materials especially on the Limited which has heated and cooled seats, a wood trimmed steering wheel and some other upscale touches that give the car a very pleasant feel inside. And we're hoping that Toyota's famous reliability isn't a thing of myth and legend but the real deal. Here's where I'm not as overwhelmed with this car as so many reviewers are. The compliant ride is at the cost of sharper handling. Many cars today give both the ride and handling that should be expected in a modern car. The Audi is the perfect example of this. Pity it costs so much more. The seats are flat and offer absolutely no lateral support whatsoever. However I do like the depth of the seat bottom because it offers really good thigh support. Also the Limited model has an inflatable thigh cushion built in that adds extra comfort. However, the seat cushion isn't very thick and after a while you can feel the bottom of the seat cushion. Not a luxury feel at all. Zero complaints about the rear seating and comfort. I'm sure it matches or surpasses even a Rolls Royce. I'm disappointed in the amount of wind noise on the highway. More than the 13 year old car we traded in. All in all the Avalon is probably exactly what Toyota had in mind. A comfortable and reliable cruiser for people that aren't too concerned with lateral Gs or not sliding around in their seat when executing a sharp turn. My wife loves it. Me,...I'm not so thrilled. I expected more. If it's as reliable as it's advocates say it is, I'll be pleased with the purchase. But not thrilled."

Great vehicle.

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

"Excellent car, Drives great, very reliable, always maintained as required, always garaged."

Surprise! Blew a Head Gasket at 85,000 miles!

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Quietness, rear seat and rear leg room,"

Cons: "Reliability, front seats, passenger blind spot"

"I am a "little old lady driver" so I was VERY disappointed to find out my Avalon had blown a head gasket! That is why I gave it gave it a 3/10 for reliability. I had done every recommended maintenance and all regular oil changes. What a bummer! The front seats could be a little more comfortable. I am a "bony little old lady" and I can feel the springs in driver's seat. Very surprised at this. The seats in our 2005 Town and Country are much more comfortable."

Best cruising car ever 2012 Avalon

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Style and lines, comfort, mpg, price, spacious."

Cons: "needs firmer and more lumbar support in drvrs seat"

"I started out helping my sister look for a 2013 Avalon. She wanted something sporty and luxury based and this is what we ended up with. She loves it! I however didn't care for the stiffer ride so I looked at the older 2012 Avalon and it was just what I was looking for. It handles better than you're led to believe by the professional critics. It's a cruiser not a sports car and it delivers exactly. People 6 ft or more can't believe the room in the back seat, it's limo like and very spacious. The only thing I like better than driving is chilling out in the back seat. The rear seats in the 2012 recline, unlike the bucket like seats in the 2013 and 2014 models which are definitely more sporty.The pick up is quick, and once you get going it's like you're floating. Over all gas mileage is 22-23 mpg, while on the hwy we get 29-30 easy. Gotta love it, considering it's size. Shop around for a good deal, they're out there and you can't go wrong with this car, you'll be glad you bought it."

BEST I'VE OWNED

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "GREAT PICK UP. POWER TO SPARE."

Cons: "MUST GO FAR BACK TO GET SEATBELTS IN FRONT."

"GREAT LOOKS, QUALITY SECOND TO NONE. GAS MILEAGE ON HIGHWAY 30 MPG. LOCATION OF FRONT SEAT BELTS COULD BE BETTER. LOVE THE RECLINING REAR SEAT FEATURE."

Best vehicle ever!!!

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Nice drive"

Cons: "No mp3 in my 2006"

"I love this car! I will buy another Avalon when it is time to buy again. It is Reliable, dependable, and worth the price. The ride is very smooth and handles turns very well. I have 3 other toyota's, all of which are great, but the Avalon is by far my favorite. Great overall vehicle. You won't be disappointed!"

A perfect automobile.

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Completely reliable and very comfortable."

"This is the first time I have owned an automobile where nothing ever goes wrong."

excellent drive & ride...feels like i'm floating

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "great car, excellent condition, top condition"

Cons: "no cons"

"one owner, 17000miles, have all maintenance records, excellent condition, would like to see to a private party who appreciates nice cars."

Best vehicle ever, better than Lexus

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Lots of room, super quiet inside, fun to drive."

"Top of the line Toyota is better than bottom of the line Lexus!"

Review

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

"Best car ever owned, and i plan to drive another 100,000 before selling it"

I love my Avalon!

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"I purchased this car new and LOVE IT! It has been great for traveling on family vacations. GOOD MPG(CITY and HWY)and comfortable too. Check out the backseat!! Tall guys and gals can sit comfortably in back!! I love my keyfob, heated/cooled seats, and all the extra gauges for temp in/out, fuel, dimming rearview mirror. I would love to buy the newer design but have to remodel a kitchen first!! My brother and his wife purchased the "13 Avalon based on my experience. They love it too!!"

GREAT CAR Unless....

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Great family vehicle, fun to drive, good on gas"

Cons: "No AUX port, No Bluetooth"

"I brought this car used from a dealership. Recently I have had engine issues with the car. Before any engine problems I've replaced the battery, axle, and had brake work done. Nothing to do with the brake pads. Something internal was wrong. The pins and other components that actually make the brakes function properly needed to be replaced. Overall the car is very nice and roomy. It is fun to drive and is quiet. I believe the previous owner of the vehicle didn't take care of it. I really enjoy driving this vehicle and the attention it gets. One of my top 10 most reliable cars. Toyota is a great brand to choose when you need a dependable vehicle. If you buy used then it varies depending on the previous owner. 9/10"

Love an Avalon, but this one not here best

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Quality,reliability, style, performance, comfort"

Cons: "Interior noise, wiper scrubbing,"

"This is my 4th Avalon and have never been dissatisfied with any of them. There are some small things about this one that didn't come up to my satisfaction. The 2007 is a bit noisey. I never noticed it in earlier models sounding like they were not solidly built with great insulation from exterior noise, but the 2007 did not rate excellent in this category. The wind sheild wipers scrubbed even though I changed the blades several times. We did not buy the top of the line series, but felt that would not be necessary to get true Avalon quality that we have always enjoyed. Overal the Avalon is great in reliability, size conveince, and reliability. This car has never been in the shop for anything except routine maintenance. It now has 150,000 miles on it.and is solid mechanically. it still averages 25 mph."

Can't Be Beat

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

"Can't be beat for the price."

Great car for the money

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Price, reliability, comfort and room, cheap to run"

Cons: "OEM tires, traction control"

"Bought it after owning 6 Mercedes. Comfort and reliability are better than MB and cost is 1/2 to 1/3 of comparable MB, BMW, Audi, Lexus, etc. Love the ventilated seats, bluetooth with voice command for everything. Good quality materials with no wear evident on leather or carpets, etc. Relitively inexpensive maintinance and inexpensive Toyota parts; 84000 miles with first set of pads just now and no other problems and still quiet, fuel efficient (33 mpg regular hwy) and comfortable. Front wheel drive a bonus, especially in rear seat area which is huge! Also, large usable trunk (4 sets of golf clubs fit!). Not so great areas: OME tires are poor in wet and snow and wear too fast (new Conti's lasted 45000 and were great perforers in all kinds of weather and driving). Traction control with original tires did not work well at all. With new tires it is better though less than perfect. Am looking to get another one some day but this one is so reliable and has everything (except rear view camera) that it may be a long while."

Great car to own and drive

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

"Quiet, smooth, and handles great. Very comfortable for long trips. Never feel tired of driving. This is my second and I'm sure not my last Avalon."

Saved me from serious injury!

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "Love driving it, grateful for safety features."

"Have owned 3 Avalon's, driven two over 200,000 miles, and loved them all. Sadly, the last one, 2006 XLS, was demolished with me in it as I was rear ended and pushed into another car. Knee and steering wheel air bags worked flawlessly, and although front and rear of car were demolished the perimeter of passenger area did not move. No significant whip lash as head rest worked, and seat belt held me REALLY tight. I'm now looking for my 4th Avalon!"

Excellent car

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

"I have found the Avalon to be an excellent car, easy to drive, nice features and especially a comfortable ride."

A top choice favorite!

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "Handles like a dream, excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "It's not an SUV, sits lower than an SUV"

"Of all the cars I have owned, I place this one in the top 3. It is comfortable, responsive, and reliable. It is also beautiful and graceful. Iwould buy an Avalon again (it would be my third one) but I need the convenience of an SUV."

Crummy

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

"Very noisy car. Road noise and wind noise are unacceptable. Interior features not user friendly. My last Toyota. Thay are living off their reputation from the 80's and early 90's. It's really a stretch cheap Camry."

Amazing.... Best car Ive ever owned.

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Big, fast, smooth, good mileage"

Cons: "Factory paint chips easily."

"I bought my 2006 Avalon XLS new in 2006. Since that time I have put 272,000 near troublefree miles on the car. I changed the oil myself every 4 to 5 thousand miles. I had one coilpack go out at 150,000. The alternator went out at 262,000. Besides those two things this car has needed nothing but oil changes, tires, and brake pads and a battery. i did have the oil line recall done although mine never leaked. The ac is as cold as day one. Amazing....."

See if you qualify for