2009 Toyota Avalon

Based on 566 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

2002 AVALON WAS BETTEr

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"This is my second Avalon. I had a 2002 XL that I traded in for a 2007 XLS. There are times that I wish I had the 2002 back. The 2007 is a great road car and mileage is close to 30 MPG on long trips. It is comfortable and quiet. However, the 2002 was much quieter. My main issue with the 2007 is the engine clatters and knocks on cold start. This goes away after it gets warm but is extreme in cold weather. The dealer and area rep says this is ok and it will not hurt. I don't believe it. No engine should knock and clatter like it does. They say it is the short piston skirts. Go figure. I am hoping it blows before the warranty runs out. The other downside is the paint. Everything chips it and it has white undercoat on a red car. So every paint chip shows like a neon sign. I think they went cheap on paint in 2007. My 2002, same color, did not do this at all. I like riding in and driving the car but hate the engine clattering and banging. If the engine did not clatter and knock it would be the car of my dreams for serious road trips. It has 30,000 in 18 months."

Best vehicle I've ever bought.

By on Saturday, December 13, 2008

"I've owned a Cadillac Deville, Lexus 350, Buick Park Avenue, Kia Amanti, Pontiac Bonneville, Infiniti Q-45 (2), Chrlsyer LHS, Nissan Maxima and the Toyota Avalon is by far the best vehicle I've eve owned. It's so quite you can't hear the engine running. I have gotten 33 MPG numerous times on trips. The interior is very roomy, especially the back seat. I would recommend it over any car except the new Hyundai Genesis. I think Hyundai has hit a home run on the Genesis."

touring

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"for the $$ their are alot of high end cars out their that the makers.. ie acura, volvo, bmw.. take much better care of you than toyota does. i had a high end car and miss that extra servies you get.. ie free rent a car with service.. for the $$$ of the same car. you get treated like you bought a yaris... toyota customer service is very lacking. they sell it as a first class car but you are treated like lare below coach class. i love the car.. its toyota and its poor customer service i dont like."

Sweet Ride

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Luxurious drive for the price"

Cons: "A lttle plain looking"

"Actually had rented a few while travelling and became really attracted to the brand. Had had a Lexus 350 a few years before and the similarities are astonishing - the car is a great value for the features"

High mpg and great acceleration, lousy seats

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pros: "great engine, smooth and quiet"

Cons: "uncomfortable seats, mushy brakes and suspension"

"Great engine, good combination of performance and economy. Mushy handling with LOTS of body lean in corners. The front seats are NOT comfortable and therefore the car is no good for longtrips. Very reliable"