2009 Toyota Avalon

Based on 555 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Great car to own and drive

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

"Quiet, smooth, and handles great. Very comfortable for long trips. Never feel tired of driving. This is my second and I'm sure not my last Avalon."

SAD DAY

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Reason: TRADE

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "NOTHING"

"TRADED IN MY OLD FRIEND TODAY. HAD THIS CAR FOR 8 1/2 YEARS, 122,000 MILES. BY FAR THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED AND I HAVE HAD SOME GOOD ONES.ROOMY, FAST, GREAT GAS MILAGE, QUIET, PLUSH, GREAT TRUNK.....I COULD GO ON......I'M GOING TO MISS THIS CAR."

No Problemo

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

"Had it for 5.5 years now, still has original brakes. Really can't complain about a single thing."

sweet sweet car

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, quiet, 33 mpg on highway, nice"

Cons: "no negatives - a great car in every way"

"This car has never spent a night outdoors, I've babied it, serviced it regularly, kept the new car smell as best I could . . . I love it, and will only trade if I have any trouble. This has never been in the shop for anything except routine service."

Beautiful car, no problems, just too large for me.

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

"This car has had no problems, in very good condition, is simply too large for me."

good car, some problems

By on Friday, April 20, 2012

Pros: "good exterior and interior finish."

Cons: "see above"

"Good reliable car. Only real problem with 15,000 miles is a recurring positive battery post corrosion. Another problem is I hear a noise similar to a valve lifter not getting oil when cold start and accelerating up a hill where I live. Technician says it is piston slap Toyota says it is normal noise and it does go away after the car warms up. I can't pinpoint the noise, but seems to be in the drive train. It does not make the noise when idling in the garage or when I accelerate the engine under no load. Other irritants are the center arm rest has to be slid back in order to open the console. The rear seats belt buckles are in a hole making the almost impossible to snap."

Nice commuter/road car

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Mileage, features for price, sport shift is ok"

Cons: "Squirrely handling, sedate ride/handling"

"Bought certified used. Good car. If you're coming from a luxury car to this it won't measure up but if you're wanting a comfortable, dependable, and economical ride with large space for passengers and cargo this is a good choice. Car wanders from pavement grooving/rutting and isn't the surest of footed vehicles. If you expect luxury featured seats you'll be disappointed. The heaters work well, the pleather handles use well, and the cabin is reasonably quiet. No one will hate this car, some will love it, and everyone will absolutely like the 2006 Avalon XLS."

A very good car.

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, comfort, performance"

Cons: "Ugly Interior"

"Very comfortable highway cruiser. Great for roadtrips. A great combination of power/performance for a large car. With snow tires it is capable in deep snow. I've plowed along in over 8 inches. Capable of 33 MPG on highway when driving tame. No major mechanical issues at all. A minor headlight issue only. Overall it is a great combination of performance, comfort and capability when it is recognized for what it is...a big car. The interior is comfortable but kinda ugly."

I've enjoyed all 150,000 miles

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable ride, practical luxury"

Cons: "power adapter location"

30 MPG on a 3:22 trip

"I bought this car new and have loved every minute and mile I've put in it. The reliability has been top notch and exactly what I expect from a Toyota. The ride is smooth and quiet. Gas mileage has been exceptional for this large and luxurious of a family sedan, obtaining 30 MPG on the highway and averaging about 25 MPG on mixed city/freeway driving. The family loves the ample room in the back seat. My biggest drawback for this model is the location of the power adapters, namely in the bottom of the center console and near the bottom of compartment located between the front two seats. There's also a useless cassette player that wasn't optional."

30 MPG on a 3:22 trip

Best bang for my buck

By on Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pros: "roomy, regular gas, great gas milage for 6cyl large sedan, comfortable"

Cons: "slightly fluffy ride"

"smooth and quiet, comfort and spaciousness, reliable and elegant, getting 32.5 mpg hwy on long trips w/cruise. My wife loves the 2010 Avalon XLS. What more can a man ask for???. Pay off the XLS give it to the wife and get a 2013 Avalon Limited. Great car for the money. Avalon takes regular gas."

go get one

By on Saturday, April 30, 2011

"I'm 6' 2'', drive 35k a year and wanted front wheel drive. Had three Grand Marquis. I bought my first Toyota, a used 08 Touring with 48k that was certified. Driving position is quite comfortable with a good amount of lateral leg room. The car is quick enough with great acceleration at mergings speeds of 35 mph plus. Visibility is quite good considering that of some of the Ford and GM products. Steering is responsive and a bit tight. The turning radius is real narrow. This is a highway machine, you need to be a little careful over bumps because it sits alittle low. I have 7k highway miles on it so far and have averaged between 28 to 31 mpg. I would do it again."

poor quality

By on Friday, January 14, 2011

"Nothing like our 2001 avalon.5 recalls and problems.still have loud valve knocking in morning.great comfortable ride but the car is junk as far as quality.Will get rid of it as soon as it is out of warranty."

Excellent Quality

By on Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"Fantastic car, confortable, great on gas mileage, great style, proven reliability."

AWESOME RIDE!!!

By on Thursday, September 02, 2010

"I bought this car used with 60000 miles and it's felt like a brand new car. It has tremendous style and handling, and a smooth ride."

100% satisfaction

By on Friday, August 27, 2010

"Enjoyed everything abot this car. Gas mileage is exceptional, better than my Accord 6 cyl. coupe. Ride is much better than the honda also. This Avalon is dark blue and my only complaint is the paint is soft and is easy to chip. Good quality paste wax has helped this problem."

Great Car!

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"Bought new in 2006. Never a problem. Get 32 miles per galon on a trip. 70000 miles and like new."

Not the Avalon they used to be

By on Friday, January 01, 2010

"I have owned Toyotas as far back as 1981, three Corollas, two Camrys, a Sienna Minivan and two Avalons. I have been a huge Toyota fan until this 2007 Avalon Touring Edition. I must say, this is the first one I purchased preowned (2 years old with 15,000 miles). It's a beautiful car with exceptional handling and power, however, the quality just isn't quite Toyota. Right now it's in the shop. Something's wrong with the air conditioning system which is causing a white powder to be blown through all the vents. Lucky for me , i purchased the extended warranty as this repair would have cost me upwards of $2,000. The car is just past the standard 3 year, 36,000 new car warranty. The grille also has begun to peel. In this case, the dealer is replacing the grille free of charge. The OEM tires (Michelins) were worn out in 35,000 miles and because they are V-Rated, very expensive to replace. The interior while functional, is no where near the quality of my 2000 Avalon. The seats are cheaper, thinner and less comfortable. The knobs and switches have a cheap feel to them and the floor mats are like the ones in my wife's 2006 Corolla. It looks in trying to keep the car at a competitive price point, Toyota cheapened the quality of their Flagship. Hopefully, after the repairs are completed, the car will give me many miles of worry free reliability. Only time will tell."

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring

By on Friday, November 20, 2009

"I bought new in 2007. It now has 40k miles on it. The interior is very nicely done, with minimalist styling cues when all flaps are closed. Very quick, smooth and roomy interior. No ipod connection, but I resolved this by using an old cassette adapter. The passenger seat belt alarm is annoying--cannot put anything on the passenger seat that has some weight or else it will not stop whinning. The front windshield has a film on it since new that I have not been able to get rid of. The trunk net hooks are flimsy and cheap--have had to replace. My kids struggle with the backseat seatbelt buckels b/c they have a tendency to "sink." My wife clipped an air freshener on the ac vents, it leaked and melted the dash trim--had to be replaced. The "airbag off" light on the dash takes away from the minimalistic look. At first, the transmission downshifted violently, took to the dealer and they changed the shift points. The shifting is much smoother but not as quick (slightly noticeable). But, this car will definitely stay with us for many more years as it is a great car with lasting looks."

"great car"

By on Friday, November 20, 2009

"The only thing I would change in this car are the front seats. They are not comfortable. I would prefer plush seating, and an adjustable gas petal, as I have short legs. This car is great on gas, stylish, and a smooth rider. The back seat is comfy, and has no hump in the middle of the seat nor the floor. The trunk is very large, and the keyless enty is awesome, and very convenient."

Cheap Beauty

By on Monday, September 07, 2009

"My 2008 Avalon XLS is a beauty. I've owned it for about 19 months. Everytime I drive it, I get complemented on its good looks. My ONLY complaint is the cheap feeling in the drive. It feels very light weight and sometimes just plain ol underweight for a vehicle of its size. I changed to the fuel max tires from Goodyear and they really make a difference, I'm getting about 27-32 mpg on the highway and about 26 in the city. What's really wierd is that the faster I go the better the fuel mileage seems to get. Other than that, this is a really nice vehicle for the price and I know it will last literally forever. Just wish it were a more solid feeling vehicle. Needs more substance to it."

Trojan Horse

By on Friday, August 28, 2009

"Bought the car and was really happy with it. Comfortable, smooth, and great ride. BUT wait until the car hits 60,000, then the leaks start. Power stearing fluid starts to leak, transmission fluid leaks, and the fuel injection springs needed to be replaced. It will cost $1300 and $2300 for the power steering and tranmission to be fixed!!! NOT what I expected from a high end Toyota, especially when maintenance was routine."

bad suspension design

By on Monday, August 10, 2009

"bought touring model in aug 2005. got ripped off by dealership. several problems with car. extremely stiff suspension. front passenger door trim issues. wind leakage noise. power steering pump noise. toyota service very bad. dealership service very bad. will never buy another toyota."

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"Bought this car in Dec.07, has 17,000 miles no problems so far. Drove from Orlando, Fl. to New Hampshire at 75-80 mph and got an incredible 34.5 mpg according to the onboard computer. Rides like a charm some small fitting issues though door trim does not align with dash trim, I have noticed this on other Avalons, one side matches up the other doesn't. Overall it's been an excellent car."

Best Luxury for the $

By on Thursday, April 16, 2009

"I was selling Toyotas when this model came out in '05, and was in love. I'm not selling them now but my wife wanted one, so she got an '08 Limited, and I'm still in love! I was able to drive MB's, BMW's, Volvo's, Caddy's, etc when I was selling and they did not hold a candle to this car (or most toyota's--quality wise that is--). It's so darn quiet and smooth. I'm 6'3 and still don't have the seat all the way back. The seats are very comfortable and very adjustable. My Wife's sister has an '06 LS430 and this car has everything it does, except that her car does not have a reclining back seat. It's deceptively powerful, but with great gas mileage. We've gotten up to 32 MPG on the highway. I expect it to get better after we get it broken in (in excess of 20k). I'm a truck guy, but I admittedly look for excuses to drive it. On the downside the Laser Cruise is a pain in busy traffic (but has a defeat feature to make it like regular cruise--see the manual) and the GPS can be a pain to program. All in all, it's the best luxury car value on the market."

WOW!!

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"I bought a white Avalon Limited three years ago (time flys). I have only had oil changes done, no repairs or warrenty work of any kind (28K). This car really delivers. I get 28 to 33 mpg highway, 24-26mpg all around. Went out West last Fall and drove hours at a time at 80-95 mph and still got nearly 30 mph (brief runs above 125, drove great). The fit & finish is very solid. Wonderful amount of room for all passengers. The looks are great. The extra features like air-conditioned seats and automatic windshield wipers are nice touches for the money. Changes: Touring suspension for all Avalons. Move the electrical outlets from inside the storage compartment. Have the yellow passenger seatbelt light on the dash go off. Better paint chip qualities in the paint (especially in the front) I ordered mine without the nav. and the adaptive cruise which appears to have been a good move. Love the car."