2008 Toyota Avalon

Based on 568 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Excellent Buy

By on Sunday, August 19, 2007

"We have had our Avalon for a couple years now and have been blown away by the quality of the car on a whole. It has plenty of luxury, power, and style. In my opinion, there is no better bang for the buck if you are looking for the blend of luxury, power, and fun.*"

Great for large people

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"Aside from the obnoxious "adaptive" cruise control this is a very pleasant vehicle and you can bypass that unfortunate feature. Space is by far the best in it's price range. Fuel economy is excellent at 22 local and 33 hwy and there is plenty of power. Handeling is a bit mushy compared to our previous BMW but the wife absolutely loves the car. It has been totally trouble free in the first 12K miles. Depreciation has been better than average too."

It's been a fabulous car-not sure I want to sell

By on Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Pros: "reliability, beauty, comfort,"

Cons: "cant think of a thing..."

"This has been the best car I have ever owned next to my Camry and Cadillac Seville. I have had only ONE repair, that was recalled and I didn't go in to have done...comfort, reliability, performance, I cant say enough about it."

only neg. is the Navigation system

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "lots of interior room and great hwy gas mi."

Cons: "poor controls for navigation system"

"This is the 2nd Avalon I've owned. Kept both for 8 years ea. Love the interior seating room and the large trunk space. The ride is very smooth and quiet. Would buy another but the 2014 redesign seems to have had a negative effect on the smooth quiet ride. Very sad to see so many negative consumer reviews."

Surprise! Blew a Head Gasket at 85,000 miles!

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Quietness, rear seat and rear leg room,"

Cons: "Reliability, front seats, passenger blind spot"

"I am a "little old lady driver" so I was VERY disappointed to find out my Avalon had blown a head gasket! That is why I gave it gave it a 3/10 for reliability. I had done every recommended maintenance and all regular oil changes. What a bummer! The front seats could be a little more comfortable. I am a "bony little old lady" and I can feel the springs in driver's seat. Very surprised at this. The seats in our 2005 Town and Country are much more comfortable."

Great car to own and drive

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

"Quiet, smooth, and handles great. Very comfortable for long trips. Never feel tired of driving. This is my second and I'm sure not my last Avalon."

SAD DAY

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Reason: TRADE

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "NOTHING"

"TRADED IN MY OLD FRIEND TODAY. HAD THIS CAR FOR 8 1/2 YEARS, 122,000 MILES. BY FAR THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED AND I HAVE HAD SOME GOOD ONES.ROOMY, FAST, GREAT GAS MILAGE, QUIET, PLUSH, GREAT TRUNK.....I COULD GO ON......I'M GOING TO MISS THIS CAR."

No Problemo

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

"Had it for 5.5 years now, still has original brakes. Really can't complain about a single thing."

sweet sweet car

By on Monday, July 8, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, quiet, 33 mpg on highway, nice"

Cons: "no negatives - a great car in every way"

"This car has never spent a night outdoors, I've babied it, serviced it regularly, kept the new car smell as best I could . . . I love it, and will only trade if I have any trouble. This has never been in the shop for anything except routine service."

Beautiful car, no problems, just too large for me.

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

"This car has had no problems, in very good condition, is simply too large for me."

Not as good as I thought

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Mileage"

Cons: "Cost of ownership"

"Price of maintaining this car is very HIGH. And they have never been able to rid it of a squeak I've heard since first owning it. I like the ride and style and mileage is a plus, but I have t say I am disappointed with the overall quality. I expected more from Toyota's top of the line"

Nice commuter/road car

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Mileage, features for price, sport shift is ok"

Cons: "Squirrely handling, sedate ride/handling"

"Bought certified used. Good car. If you're coming from a luxury car to this it won't measure up but if you're wanting a comfortable, dependable, and economical ride with large space for passengers and cargo this is a good choice. Car wanders from pavement grooving/rutting and isn't the surest of footed vehicles. If you expect luxury featured seats you'll be disappointed. The heaters work well, the pleather handles use well, and the cabin is reasonably quiet. No one will hate this car, some will love it, and everyone will absolutely like the 2006 Avalon XLS."

A very good car.

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, comfort, performance"

Cons: "Ugly Interior"

"Very comfortable highway cruiser. Great for roadtrips. A great combination of power/performance for a large car. With snow tires it is capable in deep snow. I've plowed along in over 8 inches. Capable of 33 MPG on highway when driving tame. No major mechanical issues at all. A minor headlight issue only. Overall it is a great combination of performance, comfort and capability when it is recognized for what it is...a big car. The interior is comfortable but kinda ugly."

I've enjoyed all 150,000 miles

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable ride, practical luxury"

Cons: "power adapter location"

30 MPG on a 3:22 trip

"I bought this car new and have loved every minute and mile I've put in it. The reliability has been top notch and exactly what I expect from a Toyota. The ride is smooth and quiet. Gas mileage has been exceptional for this large and luxurious of a family sedan, obtaining 30 MPG on the highway and averaging about 25 MPG on mixed city/freeway driving. The family loves the ample room in the back seat. My biggest drawback for this model is the location of the power adapters, namely in the bottom of the center console and near the bottom of compartment located between the front two seats. There's also a useless cassette player that wasn't optional."

30 MPG on a 3:22 trip

Best bang for my buck

By on Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pros: "roomy, regular gas, great gas milage for 6cyl large sedan, comfortable"

Cons: "slightly fluffy ride"

"smooth and quiet, comfort and spaciousness, reliable and elegant, getting 32.5 mpg hwy on long trips w/cruise. My wife loves the 2010 Avalon XLS. What more can a man ask for???. Pay off the XLS give it to the wife and get a 2013 Avalon Limited. Great car for the money. Avalon takes regular gas."

go get one

By on Saturday, April 30, 2011

"I'm 6' 2'', drive 35k a year and wanted front wheel drive. Had three Grand Marquis. I bought my first Toyota, a used 08 Touring with 48k that was certified. Driving position is quite comfortable with a good amount of lateral leg room. The car is quick enough with great acceleration at mergings speeds of 35 mph plus. Visibility is quite good considering that of some of the Ford and GM products. Steering is responsive and a bit tight. The turning radius is real narrow. This is a highway machine, you need to be a little careful over bumps because it sits alittle low. I have 7k highway miles on it so far and have averaged between 28 to 31 mpg. I would do it again."

poor quality

By on Friday, January 14, 2011

"Nothing like our 2001 avalon.5 recalls and problems.still have loud valve knocking in morning.great comfortable ride but the car is junk as far as quality.Will get rid of it as soon as it is out of warranty."

Good Car

By on Thursday, October 7, 2010

"This car replaced a BMW 540i. By no means does it match the performance but it starts everyday and the maintenance is cheap. I'm not in love with it but I'm more than happy to drive it everyday. Bought it used with 75,000 miles, now has 108,000 miles and believe it or not, the blue book value hasn't budged."

Excellent Quality

By on Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"Fantastic car, confortable, great on gas mileage, great style, proven reliability."

AWESOME RIDE!!!

By on Thursday, September 2, 2010

"I bought this car used with 60000 miles and it's felt like a brand new car. It has tremendous style and handling, and a smooth ride."

100% satisfaction

By on Friday, August 27, 2010

"Enjoyed everything abot this car. Gas mileage is exceptional, better than my Accord 6 cyl. coupe. Ride is much better than the honda also. This Avalon is dark blue and my only complaint is the paint is soft and is easy to chip. Good quality paste wax has helped this problem."

Great Car!

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"Bought new in 2006. Never a problem. Get 32 miles per galon on a trip. 70000 miles and like new."

Can not see

By on Sunday, June 13, 2010

"This is the second Avalon that I have owned. This 2009 has at least six severe blind spots.I cannot see to back up, turn in either direction,or see past the passenger door. There is a blind spot on both sides ,even in the mirror to see if something is trying to pass. This car is very comfortable, but that does not make it any safer."

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring

By on Friday, November 20, 2009

"I bought new in 2007. It now has 40k miles on it. The interior is very nicely done, with minimalist styling cues when all flaps are closed. Very quick, smooth and roomy interior. No ipod connection, but I resolved this by using an old cassette adapter. The passenger seat belt alarm is annoying--cannot put anything on the passenger seat that has some weight or else it will not stop whinning. The front windshield has a film on it since new that I have not been able to get rid of. The trunk net hooks are flimsy and cheap--have had to replace. My kids struggle with the backseat seatbelt buckels b/c they have a tendency to "sink." My wife clipped an air freshener on the ac vents, it leaked and melted the dash trim--had to be replaced. The "airbag off" light on the dash takes away from the minimalistic look. At first, the transmission downshifted violently, took to the dealer and they changed the shift points. The shifting is much smoother but not as quick (slightly noticeable). But, this car will definitely stay with us for many more years as it is a great car with lasting looks."

"great car"

By on Friday, November 20, 2009

"The only thing I would change in this car are the front seats. They are not comfortable. I would prefer plush seating, and an adjustable gas petal, as I have short legs. This car is great on gas, stylish, and a smooth rider. The back seat is comfy, and has no hump in the middle of the seat nor the floor. The trunk is very large, and the keyless enty is awesome, and very convenient."