2008 Toyota Avalon

Based on 569 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Great car for the $

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"I needed a new car after 10 years with my Infiniti. I'm not spending (and cannot spend) $53,000 (M-35) or even $40k+ (G-35) for the smaller Infiniti. So I drove the 4 and 6 cylinder Hyundai Sonatas, Toyota Camrys, and Honda Accords, and the 6 cylinder Avalon. The Honda was a little rough in the ride, but a nice car (I already own an Odyssey and love it). The Sonata was ok, about a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10 to drive. I found that for my family, I need a bigger car, or I w/h bought a loaded Camry. The Avalon has the smoothest suspension and plenty of amenities; it seems as if it's on a Lexus LS platform, without the price or quite the cache-- but also without the premium gas requirement. This car averaged over 30 miles per gallon on my first highway drive, and overall is averaging about 24.5 miles per gallon in mixed city and highway driving. The JBL 12 speaker stereo is very nice (not like the Bose system in the 1999 Infiniti, but nothing is like that, including the newer Bose systems in the Maxima and Infinitis!). I highly recommend this car-- a ton of space in the rear seating area and the trunk, and it glides over bumps and cruises nicely. You trade a little performance, but I'm ready for a smoother ride and a softer suspension. It's about as big as the big Lexus, the Mercedes S or the BMW 7 series, but without the expense and headaches. Probably the most luxorious non- Lexus, Infiniti, BMW or Mercedes out there, for a fraction of the cost."

Avalon is tops

By on Monday, July 9, 2007

"The 2006 Toyota Avalon is a world class vehicle. Avalon is no longer a midsize vehicle but rather a full size automobile...it's 197.2 inches long, yet has a turning radius of a much smaller car. My son is 6 ft. 3 in., and can sit in the back seat without his knees touching the back of the front seat. That's how roomy this car is! Performance is as good as any car on the road...the Avalon will go from 0 to 40 faster than most cars...that means when you're at a redlight, you don't have to sweat beating another car off the line if you need to get over in front of them to change lanes. But, the fuel economy on this car is what really sets it apart from its competitors...despite having a 3.5Liter, 268HP power plant, the car is rated at 31mpg highway. It will get that and more...recently, i drove from Macon, GA, to Nashville on a full tank of gas and got 32mpg by the time i got to my home in Nashville, traveling over I-75 and I-24 at an average speed of 72mph. The most i've ever gotten out of it is 39mpg on a freshly filled tank over a 5 mile stretch of flat road traveling 42mph...so yes, the car can attain better than 31mpg under the right conditions."

Amazing.... Best car Ive ever owned.

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Big, fast, smooth, good mileage"

Cons: "Factory paint chips easily."

"I bought my 2006 Avalon XLS new in 2006. Since that time I have put 272,000 near troublefree miles on the car. I changed the oil myself every 4 to 5 thousand miles. I had one coilpack go out at 150,000. The alternator went out at 262,000. Besides those two things this car has needed nothing but oil changes, tires, and brake pads and a battery. i did have the oil line recall done although mine never leaked. The ac is as cold as day one. Amazing....."

my 2nd Avalon

By on Friday, April 10, 2015

Pros: "quiet, comfortable for long trips, great value"

Cons: "wind & road noise could be better"

"I am in my 70's and have had several new cars. I have had a Avalon 2005 and put 127,000 on it before selling it myself in one day and currently have a 2011 with 41,000 miles. Never a problem with either and I will be getting a 2015 or 2016 soon. The Avalon is the best overall car I have ever had. economical, very dependable & comfortable, very little depreciation. For us it is a prefect car."

600+ miles/wk, 31 mpg, comfortable & reliable

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

"Bought new; affordable luxury. Commute over 600 miles/week averaging 31 mpg. Stable handling, quick pickup, plenty of reserve power, laser cruise works flawlessly. Smooth and quiet ride, comfortable cabin environment, large back seat (easily seats 3 adults). Reliable vehicle with only routine maintenance throughout over 83 K miles."

This is my favorite vehicle

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

Pros: "comfortable,fun to drive,really takes off !"

"I have had more cars then most people have had hot meals.My 2007 Avalon is the most dependable,comfortable car I have ever had.Purchased used in 2010.I plan on keeping it as long as possible.I love everything about it.Especiaaly the ride comfort and the power of the engine.On the open road I have gotten 34 mpg.Around the city 24-26 mpg."

Completely Reliable

By on Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pros: "Reliable and comfortable."

Cons: "Transmits road noise on highway to cabin."

"I drive this car every day in all weather. In the winter I change to 4 snow tires. The car looks brand new. It is the most comfortable car I have ever owned. I have faithfully done routine maintenance, bought new tires in a timely fashion, and just installed new brakes for the second time (not bad at 180,000 miles). The dealer has done all my work. They routinely drive me from the dealership to my job and pick me up later. So far I have needed no additional work. I wish the car were quieter on the highway. It transmits road noise to the cabin. Summer mileage 28 mpg. Winter mileage 26 mpg. My goal: take it to 400,000 miles! Wish me luck."

INCREDIBLE VALUE and RELIABILITY

By on Saturday, November 15, 2008

"I bought this car when I was 40, coming out of several Corvettes and a Viper. I only found out later that the average age buyer of the Avalon is 62!! I didn't care. What a GREAT car. It is big, fast, smooth, and RELIABLE. I have been averaging over 26 miles per gallon with this car and NOT ONE single mechanical problem. I have put 95,000 miles on it in two and a half years. I have changed the oil consistently every 4,000 miles. This car still feels and drives like it did with 5 miles on it. The Toyota 3.5 variable timing motor is probably the smoothest most efficient six out there. Ive driven a G35, it feels the same performance wise but the motor is just thrashier and it wont get the same mileage as the Toyota. If front wheel drive doesnt bother you, buy the avalon..The only complaint I have is the paint chips a little too easily."

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Monday, May 7, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, luxurious, attractive"

Cons: "Lacked some Limited features"

"We love all of the features. Bought used with 14,000 miles. Would like to have Limited version, but XLS is great."

This car saved my life.

By on Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pros: "Safe"

"I was in an accident with a 2006 Avalon and was T-boned at 55mph and walked away. All safety equipment worked as designed and am so happy I'm going to get another one soon. THANKS TOYOTA."