2008 Toyota Avalon

Based on 571 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

2002 AVALON WAS BETTEr

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"This is my second Avalon. I had a 2002 XL that I traded in for a 2007 XLS. There are times that I wish I had the 2002 back. The 2007 is a great road car and mileage is close to 30 MPG on long trips. It is comfortable and quiet. However, the 2002 was much quieter. My main issue with the 2007 is the engine clatters and knocks on cold start. This goes away after it gets warm but is extreme in cold weather. The dealer and area rep says this is ok and it will not hurt. I don't believe it. No engine should knock and clatter like it does. They say it is the short piston skirts. Go figure. I am hoping it blows before the warranty runs out. The other downside is the paint. Everything chips it and it has white undercoat on a red car. So every paint chip shows like a neon sign. I think they went cheap on paint in 2007. My 2002, same color, did not do this at all. I like riding in and driving the car but hate the engine clattering and banging. If the engine did not clatter and knock it would be the car of my dreams for serious road trips. It has 30,000 in 18 months."

Best vehicle I've ever bought.

By on Saturday, December 13, 2008

"I've owned a Cadillac Deville, Lexus 350, Buick Park Avenue, Kia Amanti, Pontiac Bonneville, Infiniti Q-45 (2), Chrlsyer LHS, Nissan Maxima and the Toyota Avalon is by far the best vehicle I've eve owned. It's so quite you can't hear the engine running. I have gotten 33 MPG numerous times on trips. The interior is very roomy, especially the back seat. I would recommend it over any car except the new Hyundai Genesis. I think Hyundai has hit a home run on the Genesis."

touring

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"for the $$ their are alot of high end cars out their that the makers.. ie acura, volvo, bmw.. take much better care of you than toyota does. i had a high end car and miss that extra servies you get.. ie free rent a car with service.. for the $$$ of the same car. you get treated like you bought a yaris... toyota customer service is very lacking. they sell it as a first class car but you are treated like lare below coach class. i love the car.. its toyota and its poor customer service i dont like."

THE BEST EVER DRIVEN

By on Thursday, August 25, 2016

Pros: "EXTREMELY RELIABLE AND FUN TO DRIVE."

"I am a senior citizen. In the past, I have owned and driven A CHRYSLER IMPERIAL AND A CHRYSLER SEBRING, A CADILLAC, THEN A MERCEDES SEDAN. Never have I driven such car with such performance as my TOYOTA AVALON 2008 which I bought brand new. Since then, I have a very bad back, had multiple surgeries and so this car for me makes it extremely comfortable and reliable. The ride is also very smooth and quiet, I love it especially for long driving distances. This car has never let me down. It is a perfect dependable family cruising car, my younger son or daughter both when visiting me, enjoy driving it for me from time to time, even my COOL Soccer Player Grandson who's only 14 wishes he could drive it when he turns 16...LOL :). I will eventually trade it for a smaller TOYOTA car, because of my age and difficulties driving around now, since I only use my car for small errands anymore. However, I shall always miss my AVALON as it is such a great friend to have."

Sweet Ride

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Luxurious drive for the price"

Cons: "A lttle plain looking"

"Actually had rented a few while travelling and became really attracted to the brand. Had had a Lexus 350 a few years before and the similarities are astonishing - the car is a great value for the features"