2008 Toyota Avalon

Based on 520 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Avalon

By on Monday, March 24, 2008

"Great car...32 mpg on the highway!"

Better than my Benz

By on Monday, March 24, 2008

"Cons: The radio display is truncated "for safety" which is something you don't have to put up with in most cheap cars. The Nav system is terrible. Buy a portable. Pros: This car has the best ride of any car I have owned or ridden in. That includes my Mercedes. It is quiet (esp. the Limited which I own). It gets better gas mileage than most economy cars. I average about 28 mpg on my commute and get over 30 on long highway trips. With heated and air conditioned seats, beautiful leather and wood trim the interior is of the highest quality and provides excellent room and comfort for people of all sizes (and with the range of folks in my family I mean that literally!) I do not believe you can buy a better luxury car for the money. And for those of you in whom the teenage hot-rodder still occasionally springs to life, there is a wonderful response when you tromp on the throttle. The best car I have ever owned."

Best luxury vehicle for the money

By on Sunday, March 16, 2008

"2006 Avalon Limited - I consider this a BEST value by far. Rear seat room is plentiful, even with front seat fullly back. Acceleration is excellent. If you want luxury but have limited resources, this is the car to buy."

2007 Limited

By on Friday, March 14, 2008

"I bought my 2007 Limited after months of research. After having a most pleasant experience with my 98 Continental (285,000 miles), I wanted to re-create the experience. The Avalon was the only front wheel drive, strong engined, with good mileage and comfy back seat new auto I could find under $40,000. I take long trips and I am happy with the gas mileage, getting over 30 mpg on a 1000 mile trip this week, driving up to 85 mph. I definitely bought the right car. Here is what I would like to see them improve: 1) Transmission pauses between first and second from time to time on corners and similar let-up situations -- they went to a six speed in 2008. 2) Passenger seat lacked enough controls for their comfort -- also changed in 2008. 4) Driver's area is too tight side-to-side. 5) Controls are laid out for appearance, not functionality and ease of use. 6) Cheap knobs for heated seats, odometer and computer information. 7) No multi-use functions for fuel mileage (I was spoiled by the Continental.) 8) Extreeeemly thin sheet metal. Look at it, and it dents! Thankfully, I have a friend in the dent repair business! 9) Driver's seat is uncomfortable on long trips -- tailbone pain. 10) Cruise control works great on more level highways, a real pain on the hills of Missouri. 11) Looks short. Again, they added a few inches in trunk sheet metal in 2008 to address that problem. 12) Although very smooth front-to-rear, and rail-like in handling for a larger car -- it has a definite side-to-side bouncing I did not have in the wider-stanced Continental. I had problems with the sunroof, vacuum noises in the right doors, servo control noises in the dash, and an alignment issue present themselves after 10,000 miles. Toyota dealership was GREAT, and covered all problems. Do I love this car? Ask me after another 250,000 miles."

Nice Ride

By on Friday, February 29, 2008

"I have an XLS with just 3500 miles on it great car wish this model had the leg extension and slightly wider seat area,other than that it's great good fuel economy running around 31.5-32.3 depending on speed mostly highway driving,love this car."