2008 Toyota Avalon

Based on 529 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

By far, the best car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, March 01, 2015

Pros: "Very solid and comfortable and unbelievably reliab"

Cons: "None I can think of"

"I have owned a lot of cars over my lifetime and this is the best car ever. The ride, the handling, the interior, the room, the reliability, are all superb. I can't tell you how many times I have offered someone a ride and after a few minutes, they ask "Say, what kind of car is this?" They are always impressed. Bought it new and have never had to get anything fixed (I regularly have the car serviced). I have usually kept my cars in warranty but this one is so good that when I try out a new car I always prefer this one -- particularly with the new Avalon which seems to have shrunk in size and has a smaller interior. The only thing is lacks is Bluetooth and that doesn't particularly bother me. When I sit in traffic and look around I almost never see a car that I would prefer over this one."

Best Car I've Owned

By on Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pros: "Big comfortable, reliable, reasonable."

Cons: "Nothing"

"I waited 7 years for the new 2013 model, truly disappointed so much I'm probably leaving TOYOTA after buying 3, looking at Audi's, BMW's. New design outside & inside disappointing. They have CHEAPENED the interior, the front looks like a GIANT CARNIVORE, actually stupid, with no bumper to protect you & yours. Rides in my opinion like a cheap car, no longer plush & comfortable. I've been looking since December 2013, my wife keeps saying about each car I look at, it's not as comfortable or as large as this one, keep it."

only neg. is the Navigation system

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "lots of interior room and great hwy gas mi."

Cons: "poor controls for navigation system"

"This is the 2nd Avalon I've owned. Kept both for 8 years ea. Love the interior seating room and the large trunk space. The ride is very smooth and quiet. Would buy another but the 2014 redesign seems to have had a negative effect on the smooth quiet ride. Very sad to see so many negative consumer reviews."

My Best Vehicle Ever In Comfort

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "Excellent price, comfortable and fun to drive."

Cons: "Find no cons at all."

"This was my first Avalon Toyota and drove seven other cars. This by far has been my favorite for comfort, wonderful for long trips, love the styling both inside and out of the car. Passengers have loved riding in the car for the comfort the car provides."

Best car I've ever had so far

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pros: "Largest rear seat of any sedan."

Cons: "None, really."

"Bought new 9.5 years ago. 130,000 miles. Only tires, brakes, and oil changes - no repairs. One current issue - navigation switch stopped working, and just the switch is $1000 to replace."

agreat car

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "most miles on this car is road miles"

"bought this car new. It has been maticulasly maintained,has new tires /80,000ile warranthy-michelones, car is in show room condition"

very nice ride comfortable

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "all the bells and whistles.fun to drive."

Cons: "high cost, tire wear."

"purchased car 7/17/2012. At 36000 had to replace tires, at 41000 had to replace battery. That's a little soon to me for a $42000 vehicle.I've owned the car 2yrs 6months. Other than that,the car is great, rides and handles and has plenty of power. Other than the cost,it's a heck of a great car."

Almost excellent

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "Gas mileage, mechanical quality, spacious & roomy"

Cons: "Headlight problems, radio reception, door locks"

"Great car for my family - one 6'5", one 6'7", one 5'9" and one 5'5". Roomy, comfortable even with tall people in front and back. Excellent mileage (29-31 mpg overall), no mechanical problems and interior has held up well. Gentle on tires (running same Michelin tires as original) and only on 3rd set. Rotors tend to warp easily and electronics have been disappointing, but the Nav system works well. All 4 electronic door locks failed within a month of each other, radio reception poor (no external antenna) and known headlight problem Toyota refuses to recall. (High beam bulbs explode if used for more than a limited time.)"

Love everything about it

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

"only problem minor oil leak but never had to add oil between changes"

A Lexus but cost less!

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

"Everything about this car is amazing! We love it. We had a 2002 Avalon and drove it until it had 196,000 miles. We loved it too and wanted to get another newer model. We test drove the new 2015 XLE but didn't like it as much as the 2002 XLE. The 2015 is smaller and felt cramped compared to the 2002. The ride was much stiffer and I could feel every road bump through the steering wheel. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great car, but it just wasn't the same. We then noticed a used 2012 Limited that was very well maintained. We test drove it and fell in love with it. The 2012 is the same size as the 2002 but rides and handles a bit better than the 2002. The 2012 also gets great mileage. On trips so far we average 30 to 31 MPG and it's rated at 28 Highway. We highly recommend this vechicle to anyone. Oh, by the way if you haven't guessed, we purchased the 2012 Avalon Limited. We will keep it until it gets 196,000 miles too!"