2007 Toyota Avalon

Based on 565 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

High mpg and great acceleration, lousy seats

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pros: "great engine, smooth and quiet"

Cons: "uncomfortable seats, mushy brakes and suspension"

"Great engine, good combination of performance and economy. Mushy handling with LOTS of body lean in corners. The front seats are NOT comfortable and therefore the car is no good for longtrips. Very reliable"

I used to LOVE my Avalon

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful, quiet, safe, smooth ride"

Cons: "defective and poorly engineered transmission"

"I have had this car a bit over one year. Last night I blew the transmission for the second time. Needless to say, I am ticked. I want the Avalon to be perfect because it is such a nice car but the reason I spent a bit more for a car was for reliability's sake. Toyota no longer has my trust. And our dealership is a joke here. Would NEVER buy a car from them and I am beginning to question their skills in hiring knowledgeable people to work in their service department now too."

Great car only 2 complaints

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

"I have been totally satisfied with this vehicle. I have two complaints. One is with the steering wheel. The steering wheel is leather and it has a tendency to become discolored over time. My second complaint is with the stereo it sound great just upgrade the CD player to a MP3 player. The steering wheel issue was a very big turn off to me other than that and the recommendation for the MP3. I've really been satisfied with this vehicle. It appeared to be money well spent. I have kept up the routine maintenance and I haven't experienced any problems as of yet. Still ride and perform like it's brand new!!!! Change the steering wheel discoloration issue and upgrade the stereo to a mp3 player this would be the perfect investment."

My favorite thing is almost everything!

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "More quality"

Cons: "Not so good in heavy snow; no bluetooth"

"This car is my fluffy cloud. It is so comfortable, I can drive for hours and hours without fatigue - both the driver and passenger seats are fully adjustable, heated and ventilated! Stereo is great (except that the 2006 model doesn't have an input for my i-pod or other external source). Laser cruise control option is a MUST for long trips - it automatically keeps your distance from the car ahead of you so you don't have to fuss with the controls all the time. Airflow is nice, too - with the window down (I used to be a smoker) the air blew just right - didn't blow my hair all around and wasn't overly noisy. Road noise is very low with this car. Back seats are so roomy that no matter how tall a person is sitting in back, nobody in the front ever has to move the seat up! Automatic rain-sensing windshield wipers are also awesome. Never adjust the speed of your wipers again (or even turn them on or off!!) The wipers themselves are fine in rain and light snow, but wet, heavy snow can be a problem. The automatically dimming rear mirror and side mirrors are super nice for night driving - glare is so much reduced from regular mirrors! I love the keyless everything - just touching the door handle unlocks it. For a full size sedan, I can easily get 30 mpg using regular gas (owner's manual calls for regular - not premium!), which I think is great!! although, when I'm driving in-town a lot, mileage is more like 24 (still not bad). Doesn't handle the best in heavy snow - all wheel drive would make this the best car ever, but alas, no. Overall, this car has spoiled me rotten. My parents got a Lexus ES, and even they said my Avalon was nicer (more features, seemed bigger) I love it love it love it and would buy it again."

Great Value

By on Friday, December 18, 2009

"I have a 2006 Limited that I bought new. I now have 96,000 miles on it, and have had zero problems. I had the brake pads replaced and rotors turned at 90,000 miles and still had a few thousand miles left on the pads, according to the dealer. I have never had a front-end alignment. When dealer checks, he finds the alignment good. Front seat could be more comfortable. A creaking noise in the right windshield post (below freezing) has not been able to be fixed. Not untolerable, however. Mileage on long trips runs between 30.5 and 31.5 mpg. Have had no leaks, or any other complaints other than stated, above. Getting ready to trade it in on a 2010 Limited in the Spring."

worst buy

By on Monday, April 27, 2009

"My 2006 avalon visited more than 15 times the mechanics. More than eigth times with an oil leak, three times with problems with the lifters, problems with the passanger window and others problems. Is my worst buy The local Toyota customer service is the worst customer service in the world"

a Lexus in Toyota clothes

By on Saturday, January 26, 2008

"('05 Limited w/ all options, bought 8/05) A wonderful vehicle with more bells and whistles than expected for the price. Gets far better mpg (often >32 mpg hwy) than one would expect from such a large and powerful car. Long wheelbase yields much interior space and very comfortable ride. Controls work in typical silky smooth Toyota fashion. Extensive safety features are standard. Has been a wonderful companion for multiple long road trips to South, Mid-Atlantic, and New England areas. No reliability issues in 43K miles so far through three northern winters. Seems like this car is Toyota's sometimes overlooked high value jewel at a relative bargain price. Would buy this car again in a flash. Selling dealership always provides free service loaner vehicle if requested when making appointment. We love this car."

Love this car...but

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"I love this car, all the extras like sensor cruise control, automatic rear window shade, extra room in back with seats that tilt and flat floor board and wonderful get-up-and-go power! But the 2005 model, the first year for the new style, should be avoided. Some kinks should've been worked out like reving transmission in first gear while going uphill. Of course the dealership doesn't admit it happens to them when they drive it. This happened in the first week of buying it! And the salesman said it came with remote start and shut off but it didn't. All in all, I'd buy it again and again, just not the first year model of 2005."

Best vehicle ever!!!

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Nice drive"

Cons: "No mp3 in my 2006"

"I love this car! I will buy another Avalon when it is time to buy again. It is Reliable, dependable, and worth the price. The ride is very smooth and handles turns very well. I have 3 other toyota's, all of which are great, but the Avalon is by far my favorite. Great overall vehicle. You won't be disappointed!"

Very Good car BUT.....

By on Saturday, April 28, 2012

Pros: "good mieage per gallon"

"This car blew an oil line at 77K. Toyota replaced with a new engine. After another 75K, that engine started making a noise like it was chewing marbles. One Toyota and one independent mechanic said I needed another engine (too costly to repair). I have kept driving it since and it just keeps running. Very comfortable and quiet (as long as you don't roll the window down and hear the engine)"