2006 Toyota Avalon

Based on 470 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Most enjoyable car ever owned.

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "It's a Lexus without the Lexus price premium!"

Cons: "Cup holders should have some sort of light."

"Bought the car because my wife liked the full power adjustments on the front seats. I liked the design. Toyota's reputation was also a strong factor."

non smoker,very clean, well kept, new tires.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "At 65 mph on fairly level highway 35 mpg"

Cons: "no backup camera"

"This is a luxury car that gets a lot of compliments.It always looks nice and very shiny dark gray. If you are particular like I am, you will love this car."

Excellent Condition

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Luxury"

Cons: "No Navigation installed"

"Excellent Condition/Like New/Luxury/Well taken care of..."

Incredible vehicle

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "great quality built in all features"

Cons: "pricey but worth it. Drove the last one for 11 yrs"

"average mileage = 26 mpg. I can't believe you can have this much luxury and fuel economy."

Good car, but not great

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Quiet, quick, gas mileage, spacious, visibility"

Cons: "Wind noise, handling, seat design"

"First of all I DO own this car. For some reason I wasn't able to post using the "I own this car" icon. Anyway, when shopping for a newer car my wife and I wanted a spacious, comfortable, reliable, full size luxury type car to replace my wife's aging 2001 Continental. We looked at all cars that met this criteria including the Genesis, Buick LaCrosse and used Lucernes, Lincoln MKZ and MKS, Audi A6, and some others. We eliminated the Audi due to cost but that was my favorite. The Lincolns are nice cars but outward visibility was lacking and this feature was most important to my wife. (The rear-view cameras are a nice feature but I don't think as reliable as actually seeing out the rear window.) The LaCrosse had the poorest outward vision of them all. I felt like I was in a cave. The Lucerne's were very old school inside even though they met all other criteria. I liked the Genesis but was a bit concerned about the reliability and Hyundai service down the road. I was hesitant to buy a Toyota since there are so many and I would have preferred a less common vehicle. After driving the Avalon (2011 Limited silver on gray) it was obvious that this car met every single criteria we had. It's the most spacious car of any we looked at and probably all that we didn't. It rides like on a cloud. It does everything flawlessly. The NAV and Bluetooth took some getting used to but after reading the manuals they become very intuitive and easy and effective to use. We both like the gray leather interior materials especially on the Limited which has heated and cooled seats, a wood trimmed steering wheel and some other upscale touches that give the car a very pleasant feel inside. And we're hoping that Toyota's famous reliability isn't a thing of myth and legend but the real deal. Here's where I'm not as overwhelmed with this car as so many reviewers are. The compliant ride is at the cost of sharper handling. Many cars today give both the ride and handling that should be expected in a modern car. The Audi is the perfect example of this. Pity it costs so much more. The seats are flat and offer absolutely no lateral support whatsoever. However I do like the depth of the seat bottom because it offers really good thigh support. Also the Limited model has an inflatable thigh cushion built in that adds extra comfort. However, the seat cushion isn't very thick and after a while you can feel the bottom of the seat cushion. Not a luxury feel at all. Zero complaints about the rear seating and comfort. I'm sure it matches or surpasses even a Rolls Royce. I'm disappointed in the amount of wind noise on the highway. More than the 13 year old car we traded in. All in all the Avalon is probably exactly what Toyota had in mind. A comfortable and reliable cruiser for people that aren't too concerned with lateral Gs or not sliding around in their seat when executing a sharp turn. My wife loves it. Me,...I'm not so thrilled. I expected more. If it's as reliable as it's advocates say it is, I'll be pleased with the purchase. But not thrilled."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25