2004 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 434 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, reliable, great value for your money."

"Bought my 2000 Avalon used in 2002. Driven now for 12 years and could not have been happier. I've owned several Fords, a few Chevrolets, and I can only say this car has the best, highest, reliability ever. The minor problems with this vehicle have NEVER been associated with the engine. A few minor electrical/computer problems in the past. Easy and comfortable luxury drive; comfortable backseat; and very roomy backseat for long-legged adults."

This car has been extreamly reliable.

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, comfortable, easy to drive, quiet"

Cons: "heating system"

"I purchased this car with 120,000 miles and have driven another 100,000 myself. It still runs and drives great. It is a soft mushy comfort ride but has been a wonderful car. My only complaint is with the heating system (cooling works fine). It does not work well in the "auto" mode and is very hard to get right using manually."

love my avalon!

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "great car!"

"We have owned a Camry, a Celica and an Avalon. Loved them all! We purchased the Camry for me. I eventually passed it down to my oldest daughter. She passed it down to my grandson. The Celica was purchased for our 2nd daughter, eventually passed down to my youngest daughter, then again to my niece. Avalon is still mine!"

Best first car i've ever had

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "easy to drive, Comfy!!! great handling"

"for my first car and I couldn't be happier. I even traded up for an Audi. I ended up putting it in the garage and riding around in the Avalon all the time. Love this car. Best thing ever! I still don't drive the Audi."

I have loved this car. It is so comfortable.

By on Thursday, May 03, 2012

"I have kept this car for eleven years because I have loved it. It is roomy and very comfortable. It has been such a reliable car and I will replace it with another Toyota."

like it a lot

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"Quiet, roomy, comfortable ride, everything still works very well, sound system is very good, like sun roof that both tilts and slides. High speed maneuvering shows under steer and at speeds in excess of 100mph the steering feels light. Since I do high speed maneuvering only under duress and don' drive over 100 very often it doesn't detract from my overall satisfaction. I'm very glad I bought it (new)."

I have had no problems with this car.

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

"I have had no problems with this vehicle. It still rides great"

Smooth Ride

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Smooth ride, roomy interior, huge trunk, reliable"

Cons: "Fair Driving dynamics, questionable looks"

"This is not a car for those who want to really enjoy the driving experience. This is a car for those who want to ride down the road in pure comfort. This car has one of the smoothest rides I have ever experience. It also has an extremely roomy and comfortable interior. That silky smooth ride does have a setbacks in the driving dynamics though. It feels very disconnect and leans a lot when turning, accelerating and braking. The interior is pretty high quality, but in the gray color, quite ugly. The car has been reliable, with only minor issues such as replacing an O2 sensor, which is very simple since it it located right in front of the engine on the exhaust manifold. Overall, this is a great car for someone who wants a comfortable and roomy car with breaking the bank."

Love it!

By on Friday, February 03, 2012

"At 113,000 miles, no problems! Just routine maintenance -- and, frankly, only a fraction of what is recommended; I played catch-up at 100,000 miles. The ride is incredibly comfortable and quiet, the interior is roomy, and the seats are the most comfortable car seats I have ever experienced. I have back and knee problems, and I can drive long distances -- frequently 8 hours -- in the Avalon without any back discomfort, and can stretch my legs out fully, which helps my knees. I am pretty certain that when the time comes, I will buy another Avalon."

Awesome car

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

"Awesome power, great handling, nothing has broke serious. love the sun roof but the thing I love the most is the power outlet in the back!! not that i would but you could run a blow dryer if you wanted to :). That plug has came in SO handy at times. This car is awesome I would be so lucky to have another after this one. Too bad I'm not with the boyfriend that bought it for me anymore. :( I highly recommend this car. I have had a few weird things go wrong. The cup holder broke in the out position, the stereo over heats and the 6 disk changer stops working and the heater on the feet doesnt work even after taking it to be fixed after i bought it. The car is sound though. this week i am making the first big repair. a seal that connects the transmission to the motor is leaking, they will have to pull the trany out 995.00$$$ Kinda crazy but with almost 300,000 miles not bad. gotta make sure it is good for the ride to F.L. Good luck."

Best car I've ever owned.

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Best engine/trans in 50 yrs of driving"

Cons: "Hate to give it up."

"I have driven this car 207,000 miles in the past 12 years. Never had a problem. Replaced timing belt/water pump at 120,000 - the only major service required. Car handles very well in all situations and weather. I am buying another one and passing this car down to a grand daughter. I have no doubt this car will easily go another 100,000 miles with only minor service required."

Wonderful value, incredible ride!

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

"Im second owner of this vehicle. My friends think it is a newer model but it is 11 yrs old. The ride, comfort"

Love this car

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive; reliable; great gas mileage"

Cons: "uncomfortable steering wheel position"

"The only thing I don't like is the steering wheel position is uncomfortable for me to drive for long distances. Great gas mileage. Very dependable car."

TROUBLE FREE, VERY RELIABLE CAR

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "RESPECTABLE GAS MILEAGE; OVERALL QUALITY"

Cons: "ACCEL, LOC OF INT GAS CAP REL, RM BET SEAT"

"I BOUGHT THIS VEHICLE NEW, AND IT HAS BEEN A TOTALLY TROUBLE FREE AND DEDPENDABLE AUTOMOBILE. IT HAS RECEIVED ONLY MANUFACTURER RECOMMENDED AND DEALER PROVIDED SERVICE. (DEALER SERVICE HAS NOT BEEN THAT GREAT. AT THE 60,000 MILE SERVICE, A CABIN FILTER WAS REMOVED AND NOT REPLACED. COULD HAVE BEEN AN OVERSIGHT.) OF THE FIFTEEN CARS THAT I HAVE OWNED INCLUDING A CADILLAC, THIS AVALON IS THE BEST. THE CADILLAC WAS A WONDERFUL CAR, BUT BODY INTEGRITY WAS LACKING. THE QUALITY OF WORKMANSHIP, FIT AND FINISH ARE SUPERIOR ON THE AVALON. EVEN WITH 116,000 MILES, NEW PASSENGERS STILL COMMENT ON THE COMFORT AND QUIETNESS OF THE CAR. BECAUSE OF MY CAR, I HAVE FRIENDS WHO HAVE BOUGHT AVALONS. IT'S A GREAT FAMILY CAR."

comfortable ride

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "very comfortable to drive"

Cons: "wind drag from sunroof-no deflector"

"No problems with this car, ever. Routine maintenance only. After 220,000 miles, still rides nice. Handles well in heavy snow. I love this car and would buy another if I could afford it."

BEST CAR I EVER OWNED!!!

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "Smooth ride, quiet, good gas mileage, comfortable."

Cons: "Interior design not up to par"

My car in the garage!!

"I had always wanted a Toyota, and when I laid my eyes on my 2000 Avalon; I fell in love. It had 94k when I bought and I've NEVER looked back. It drives just like a Lexus ( I say that cuz my friend owns one)...honestly, NO DIFFERENCE!!! At the moment it has accumulated about 145k, and still runs like a champ!! Apart from normal maintenance, no major mechanical problems at all. This car does really good on gas considering it's a V6. I get about 29/26 Hwy/Cty and that's pretty darn good for a car this age. Thanx Toyota, I will forever be greatful...my next car is def a Toyota, Maybe VENZA!! Wish me luck y'all!!!!! lol"

My car in the garage!!

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "The entire package!"

Cons: "*none*"

"Really can't add any more than what the others have said. My 2002 is top-of-the-line with all the bells and whistles! Bought it used in April. Waited for it to fall apart (like most used cars do). Didn't happen! Rides like a dream. Every now and then I have to put my ear to the dash to make sure its still running! (Yep, it's *that* quiet!)purrrrr.... and I feel good in it!"

best vehicle ever

By on Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pros: "everything, including great sound system"

"Purchased this car new in 2003. Still drives like a new car, quiet and smooth and handles well. Have driven it across the country and back twice this year. Has been completely trouble free with regular maintenance, including timing belts at 95,000 and 190,000 miles. Cannot say enough good about this car."

A very reliable and comfortable car.

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "Very reliable and comfortable car."

Cons: "Suspension seems a little soft when full of passengers."

"We bought this car new in April 2002 and have had virtually no problems with it. The only maintenance that has been performed are the normal service items. It drives and rides like a luxury car, but maneuvers like a smaller car making it easy to drive in traffic and park. Passenger leg room is also very good in front and back. We've had very good experience owning Toyotas."

I have been totally pleased with my Avalon.

By on Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Pros: "Always reliable, always comfortable."

Cons: "No place for my handbag!"

"I love this car! I have owned it for 8 years and have never had ANY trouble. It has always been reliable and comfortable, and I have gotten good gas mileage, both in town and on road trips. There is adequate space in the trunk and plenty of leg room for back seat passengers. The heated front seats have been much appreciated on cold winter mornings. I know that my next car will be an Avalon, and I expect to own it for another eight years!"

Best car I've ever had!

By on Monday, September 05, 2011

Pros: "They are way too expensive but I'll take a used one any day!"

Cons: "No cons, except maybe the cup holders, if you get something too tall they tend to fall out."

"I've had this car since 2006 and cannot find another one that's close to equal. I've owned Toyota camry's in the past and loved everyone of them but the Avalon surpasses even those! I never worry about the reliablity of my toyota so I will drive it rather than ride with someone else driving something else. Everyone that rides in my avalon says, "this is best riding car I have ever been in", and I agree!"

Most reliable Car

By on Friday, February 25, 2011

"I have been driving 2004 Avelon for 2 years now. I bought it with 50K on it and have added another 25K in 2 years. It never ever gave me any trouble or maintenance problem. I can compare it to Lexus (Toyota’s High end version) at less price. Overall more than satisfied with this car. Would like to review it on following points. Handling :-> Toyota’s are always best for handling. In-fact just over smooth. It kind of spoils you. Very good on turns. I was driving the car in Pennsylvania turnpike. It is a curvy road with high corners and I never have to bother about my speed. I can fully trust this car on corners. It has wide wheel base that adds to stability. Breaking :-> very good smooth breaking. But I would rate 7/10. It is not one of the best I have seen. But since it is heavy and luxury car you can leave with it. Engine :-> Excellent smooth and noise free. Almost 200bhp , 3Liter, V6 engine under the hood. Enough power on interstates even on 70mph it will give you a jerk if you press thorttle. Great on pickup. Not one of the best as it is designed for smoothness and not for raw power. I only have to change engine OIL on timely basis and that was it. After 90K miles though one has to change Timing Belt (it is one of the reasons for it’s smoothness). Which is going to cost somewhere around 450-600$s. This engine can be high rev and from my reckoning can deliver up to 300hp but it is tuned to last long and smooth. Interiors:-> One of the best leather interiors with heated and power seats. As good as Lexus. String and dash are slik. With inbuilt GPS I am not a great Fan of this though they could have done a better job with navigation. Wooden finish gives it a royal look. Milage :-> Not that great on milage it gives approximately 19-20MPG on City even though company claims 23mpg in city. And approximately 27MPG on Highway. Company claim is 29MPG. But it is not that BAD you can leave with it even with rising fuel prices. Style and Looks :-> have a look of typical luxury car it is not very slick but a decent looking car. 6/10 on looks in my book. But who cares if you can drive that smooth and powerful car for such less price. Overall Maintenance :-> 10/10 . I bought it with 50K miles on it and have added 25K more. I have not spent a single dollar on it apart from regular engine oil change. Great and reliable car. Had to replace tires as part of regular maintance and do wheel alignment after that."

Solid value

By on Saturday, January 29, 2011

"Bought 2003 XLS new at the beginning of the model year. Now have 55,000 miles on it with no mechanical repairs. Very comfortable road car. I rated performance 4, as 2 liter 6 is not a fast car, but good. Styling a 3, almost all the cars look the same now. Have decided to have some dents repaired and keep the car rather than buy a new one."

Worth hanging onto

By on Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Purchased the car new in 2001. Passed it down to teenage children three years ago. We've taken good care of the car and have never had any problems with it whatsoever. Expect to get a lot more out of this car in years to come. It's been very reliable."

Best Used Car

By on Sunday, November 14, 2010

"I pay no attention to all the re-calls in the news, this is the best car I have ever owned. Comfort at this level, power and gas mileage come together in this car. I have owned a 2003 Avalon for almost 8 years now, and would not trade it for most new cars. Really. Its' 54,000 miles has barely affected the feel and quality of the car. I usually keep cars for as long as possible after thery are paid off, and I may be able to drive this one for 15-20 years."