2004 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 426 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

I really like this car, but I don't quite love it

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"Exellent value. Because the car is bland in apperance and performance the car is undervalued by the market. This is great if you don't mind what it lacks and are looking for a luxurious car that will run forever. I have a 2000 XLS with only a few complaints: Road Noise is louder than expected, only one temp for heated seats (either high or Off), no fold flat rear seat, instead their is only a center armrest pass through, and no passenger lumbar (OK, now I'm getting a little too picky). One additional compaint, the car has automatic locking doors when you put the car in drive. That's fine, but when you place the car into park, the doors don't unlock. It's the one thing I'd change about the car, perhaps they fixed it in later years as mine is a 2000. Please don't get the wrong impression, overal I really like the car, so for the things I love: everything about the moonroof, the 115 volt outlet (very conveneint as I'm in sales and use a notebook computer on the road), value of the car, very few repairs at 150K miles, info display on dash that displays MPG's etc, the overal size of the car (it's big but not too big), the legroom in the front and back, I'm 6' 3" and I'm very comfortable in the front seat or the back with pletny of legroom and headroom, lots of storage, lots of little cubies for my stuff, the leather seats are in great shape after 150K miles (I bought it at 120K miles about 1.5 years ago)safety rating, and more I'm probably forgeting. If you don't mind the bland exterior styling and lack of performance, the price MORE than makes up for both when buying this car used."

Great car!

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

"I bought my Avalon with over 100,000 miles. It is now pushing 180. I have had to fix minor repairs and regular maintenance but it has proved to be reliable. The Avalon is hands down, the most reliable car I've owned."

Excellent car!

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

"I own this car for about 6 years. Put more than 100000 miles on it, now it has 207000 total mileage. Had only minor problems. Very reliable."

Avalon Safety

By on Monday, February 18, 2008

"I owned a 1999 Avalon and experienced a car traveling into my lane. It hit me head on. My car front end went from about 5 feet long to 2 feet long and the car was knocked off to a side road quit a distance. The emergency people thought that there was going to be major injuries by looking at the car. I was sadly informed that the car that hit me, that the driver will need to go through several reconstructive surgeries. The impressive thing was that my windshield only had a small crack in the bottom left corner, I had bruising from the seat belts and a small burn from the air bag and my son had a slight concussion. Pretty impressive so of course I would only purchase another Avalon because I feel safer."

I WILL by another.

By on Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pros: "Great ride, mechanicaly sound."

Cons: "flimsy cup holder."

"Bought this car 1 year old from a dealer. 302k mainly expressway miles but it has had minimal break on it. Still looks great though could use a paint job but thats mainly from road debri. I guarantee another 100k. Best car I ever owned hands down."