2004 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 400 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

9.7/10

allmost perfict

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "great price , fun to drive. smooth ride"

Cons: "brakes too small. Too much Play in stearing on hig"

"Every thing worked excellent, except for a little to much play in the steering on highway. This might have been corrected if front stirring was tightened. maybe The brakes "I felt" were to small for the car, especially coming up and down the Rocky Mountains. "brake displacement""

very reliable, smooth ride, great visibility,

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "lots of room, good visibility, comfortable"

Cons: "no audio input port,"

2000 Toyota Avalon

"I've owned this car since it was new. I've never been stranded by any failure in the car. I get about 20 mpg in town and close to 30 mpg on the road. Lots of room and great visibility. there is no rust and the finish still shines. I recommend this car."

2000 Toyota Avalon

This car still rides smoother than my new car.

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Great car and fun to drive."

"This 2002 Avalon rides better than the new luxury car, I just purchased. You will be pleased and proud to own and drive this car."

11 years old and still runs like new! LOVE it!

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, comfort, reliability, JBL sound"

"Bought my 2003 Avalon used, 1.5 years old with 22k miles. The car runs as smooth today with 184k miles as it did when I bought it. Fantastic quiet ride, starts up every time, awesome JBL premium sound, room for five adults to sit comfortably, ice cold air conditioning, warm heater and butt warmers for those extra chilly mornings. Other than tires and brakes have only repaired an oxygen sensor and put in new struts at 175k miles to bring the ride quality back to new. The airbag sensor does come on sporadically in past year but this will be repaired by dealer due to recall for shortage issue. Never had any problems with sensor until recently. Installed Bluetooth for use with my smartphone and my old Avalon can compete with new cars in providing navigation, hands free phone, and streaming. Every time I drive a new car, thinking it may be time to retire the Avalon, I leave the car lots saying my Avalon drives better! This car should make it to 250 or 300k miles no problem."

My mileage says it all - 230,000 miles in comfort

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, quiet and smooth ride, handling"

Cons: "AC OK but not great"

"Shopping to replace it just on general principles. Finding that I've been spoiled. The ride is smooth and quiet; with great handling. I love the driver's seat for tall-man's comfort - and the headroom both front and back. Lots of power with very smooth acceleration (difficult to find in today's cars). I measure my mileage using purchase logs. It's consistently 24MPG. Never been stranded in it; apart from a flat and running out of gas once. Some repairs along the way, mostly preventative (timing belt, water pump, muffler, etc). Transmission started leaking at 200,000 and $1,300 fixed that for good. Some of the trim deteriorated after 11 years; got them replaced and painted. It's just starting to show it's age (headlights, front grill, some dash bulbs out now). All cosmetic. I'm OK driving it for another year or two while shopping for a suitable replacement - probably another Avalon. However; the new Avalon redesign chopped the back seat headroom so that's out. Repairs aren't expensive, even at the dealer. Our Mercedes and Lexus are 3x as much when things go wrong - and the Mercedes needed 3x as many repairs. Yikes!"

See if you qualify for