2003 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 412 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

9.7/10

11 years old and still runs like new! LOVE it!

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, comfort, reliability, JBL sound"

"Bought my 2003 Avalon used, 1.5 years old with 22k miles. The car runs as smooth today with 184k miles as it did when I bought it. Fantastic quiet ride, starts up every time, awesome JBL premium sound, room for five adults to sit comfortably, ice cold air conditioning, warm heater and butt warmers for those extra chilly mornings. Other than tires and brakes have only repaired an oxygen sensor and put in new struts at 175k miles to bring the ride quality back to new. The airbag sensor does come on sporadically in past year but this will be repaired by dealer due to recall for shortage issue. Never had any problems with sensor until recently. Installed Bluetooth for use with my smartphone and my old Avalon can compete with new cars in providing navigation, hands free phone, and streaming. Every time I drive a new car, thinking it may be time to retire the Avalon, I leave the car lots saying my Avalon drives better! This car should make it to 250 or 300k miles no problem."

My mileage says it all - 230,000 miles in comfort

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, quiet and smooth ride, handling"

Cons: "AC OK but not great"

"Shopping to replace it just on general principles. Finding that I've been spoiled. The ride is smooth and quiet; with great handling. I love the driver's seat for tall-man's comfort - and the headroom both front and back. Lots of power with very smooth acceleration (difficult to find in today's cars). I measure my mileage using purchase logs. It's consistently 24MPG. Never been stranded in it; apart from a flat and running out of gas once. Some repairs along the way, mostly preventative (timing belt, water pump, muffler, etc). Transmission started leaking at 200,000 and $1,300 fixed that for good. Some of the trim deteriorated after 11 years; got them replaced and painted. It's just starting to show it's age (headlights, front grill, some dash bulbs out now). All cosmetic. I'm OK driving it for another year or two while shopping for a suitable replacement - probably another Avalon. However; the new Avalon redesign chopped the back seat headroom so that's out. Repairs aren't expensive, even at the dealer. Our Mercedes and Lexus are 3x as much when things go wrong - and the Mercedes needed 3x as many repairs. Yikes!"

Best car I ever owned.

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

"I driven a lot of my friends cars from Nissan's to Cadillacs and all in between and nothing rides or drives like this vehicle. I hope it lasts forever."

the best car ever! It is reliable, comfortable

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

"I want this car to live on forever because I love it, but am thinking of selling it. It has been so amazing! 2001 with 226,900K miles on"

great gas mileage, reliable vehicle

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

"I this has been a reliable vehicle, and maintained well."