2002 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 451 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

More Practical Less Pretentious Lexus

By on Monday, October 13, 2008

"the title sums it up. many things amaze me about this car but two in particular 1)great MPG HWY: up to 32.5 avg. 31 City) 20-21 avg. 2) the toyota quality: this car drives perfectly, the cabin is silent and large, it's the newest used csr i've ever owned, it's very luxurious with taste, lot'a of attention to drivers needs -- storage bins everywhere, huge cupholders -- it's very intuitive. The only thing very similar actually they are sort-of twins with minor and flawed items to the Lexus ES 300. Lexus is pretentious, requires premium fuel, and goes overboard to the point of bad taste in the name of luxury. And, it's smaller. They are equal in durability, but the Toyota is much less expensive on maintenence and repair costs. It's just common sense here. Research for yourself. Good Luck!"

Avalon

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"2000 was the first model year for this Avalon style. I have driven 25K miles per year, both in the cold of New England and the heat of Florida. Very reliable and still gives a quiet, comfortable ride after 200K miles."

Best Car Value Around

By on Wednesday, December 5, 2007

"I have owned my 2001 Avalon since new. This car is the best car value anywhere. I have 120000 miles of trouble free motoring. Just normal maintenance and I changed the oil every 3000-4000 miles. Large comfortable and roomy. While at the dealership getting new brakes last week I purchased another new 2008 Avalon. Many of my friends and family have also purchased an Avalon based on my positive recommendation and experience. I kept my old Avalon to drive as a secord car. Shoot, with 120,000 miles it just getting broken in. What's really amazing is how the resale value has stayed so high. After owning it for 7+ years and 120,000 miles it is still worth about 33% of what I paid for it. I've owned big BMW's and Mercedes but the Avalon is 90%-95% as good as these other cars that cost 3 times more....the only real difference is the Avalon is a V6 vs. V8 in the high end expensive brands. The overall quality of the Avalon is every bit as high."

Good, Reliable Car, Cosmetic Issues

By on Sunday, May 8, 2016

Pros: "Smooth ride, comfortable, reliable under the hood"

Cons: "All the stuff that fell apart inside."

"We still own this car and love it. After 13 years, it still feels like you are riding on air when you drive. There have been some minor issues... the center console fell apart a few years ago, the handle on the driver side seat adjustment broke a few months ago, the rear speakers rattle when you listen to music, which began about six years ago, and about four years ago the driver side window began engaging and rolling down on its own randomly; the sunroof started opening on its own about a year ago. However, we have had zero trouble under the hood. No weird sounds, no transmission issues, engine is good."

see below

By on Wednesday, May 8, 2013

"I bought this car new in 2000. It has been an excellent choice. Service has been wonderful. I get asked if I have a new car. Comfort on trips are the best. The leather is in great shape. I have been so pleased with how the paint has held up so well. It still drives like a new car. I am always proud of my Avalon! I would buy another one!!"