2002 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 412 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

9.7/10

Superior vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "reliable, comfortable, looks great"

Cons: "A little too much play in the steering"

"All around excellent car."

'01 Avalon XLS--Great ride!

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, reliable, luxurious"

Cons: "Plain styling"

"I inherited this car from my grandmother 2 years ago with 70K miles, and she completely babied the car so it was/is in perfect condition. People still can't believe it's 13 years old. In the time I've owned it I have not had to do any repairs at all. We've had Toyotas in the family for over 40 years and they always run forever. I'm 6'4" and have tons of room. This definitely isn't the sexiest car out there but it's not really ugly, and it can't be beat for comfort or reliability. It gets pretty decent gas mileage too, considering it's a full size car. Of course, there's a lot of features this car lacks that are the norm now, like Bluetooth or a back up camera, but it's not worth the 6 or 7 years of payments to get them. All in all, an excellent vehicle and I would recommend it to anybody."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

"I have had my Avalon XL since April this year, and I absolutely love this car!!! It will remain in our family for as long as I can possibly keep it!!!! It is mine now and will be by son's in 7 years. The performance is great and the gas mileage is wonderful for a V6. No mechanical issues whatsoever I love it!!!!"

Hard to part with

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

Pros: "Great comfortable ride and dependable"

Cons: "Paint chips, mirror and undercarriage bumps"

2004 Avalon

"We have had this car 10 years and it still is our preference to drive on trips as it is luxurious and rides beautifully. Interior is great shape. Exterior has broken case on passenger side rearview mirror. Needs some work on vibrations front and back. Exterior paint looks nice from a distance but close up has a lot of pitting. We also have a 2011 Camry and yet, we prefer to drive the Avalon. Camry gets better milage although Avalon is not bad except city driving."

2004 Avalon

Best car ever

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, economical."

Cons: "Road noise is increasig with vehicle age."

"My wife commutes on this 120 miles round trip per day. I keep accurate records on my cars. My maintenance cost over the life of the car is $0.065 per mile. Over the last 40,000 miles, it has been $0.048 per mile. That includes normal maintenance (oil changes, tires, brakes, etc) plus repairs (engine skid plate - rusted bolts, hood latch - rusted, windshield - cracked, struts - worn, idle air control motor - stopped working, exhaust damage - hit chunk of ice on toll-road) etc. She gets 26 mpg, license plates are cheap, insurance is cheap; she loves the car - no way we're gonna trade it. I follow the Toyota factory recommended maintenance schedule."