2002 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 421 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

9.7/10

I really like this car, but I don't quite love it

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"Exellent value. Because the car is bland in apperance and performance the car is undervalued by the market. This is great if you don't mind what it lacks and are looking for a luxurious car that will run forever. I have a 2000 XLS with only a few complaints: Road Noise is louder than expected, only one temp for heated seats (either high or Off), no fold flat rear seat, instead their is only a center armrest pass through, and no passenger lumbar (OK, now I'm getting a little too picky). One additional compaint, the car has automatic locking doors when you put the car in drive. That's fine, but when you place the car into park, the doors don't unlock. It's the one thing I'd change about the car, perhaps they fixed it in later years as mine is a 2000. Please don't get the wrong impression, overal I really like the car, so for the things I love: everything about the moonroof, the 115 volt outlet (very conveneint as I'm in sales and use a notebook computer on the road), value of the car, very few repairs at 150K miles, info display on dash that displays MPG's etc, the overal size of the car (it's big but not too big), the legroom in the front and back, I'm 6' 3" and I'm very comfortable in the front seat or the back with pletny of legroom and headroom, lots of storage, lots of little cubies for my stuff, the leather seats are in great shape after 150K miles (I bought it at 120K miles about 1.5 years ago)safety rating, and more I'm probably forgeting. If you don't mind the bland exterior styling and lack of performance, the price MORE than makes up for both when buying this car used."

Outstanding Value

By on Sunday, December 30, 2007

"Bought ours in Fall of 06. Had 80,000 miles on it at the time. Now have 109,000 on it and it has been wonderful. Extremely comfortable. Amazing Bang for the Buck. No sludge issues -- previous owner had always used synthetic oil in it, which we have continued. I will not be surprised if it runs to 200,000 miles."

The best vehicle ever made.

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"I have a 2000 toyota avalon and i will always on a use or new avalon for the rest of my life. This is the most reliable car on the road anywhere in the world."

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"Bought this car brand new off the showroom floor, in 2003. Excellant gas mileage, a joy to drive. Plenty of leg room for big guys. Downside - Needs alittle more pep under the hood. But for the gas mileage, I'll sacrifice alittle."

By on Thursday, December 27, 2007