2001 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 384 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

9.7/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

very good running car

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "verry good riding car"

"very good mechanicle condition"

This car has been in 2 accidents,not good conditio

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "nothing but problems"

Cons: "Not a good running car,unsafe, have no picture"

"i have had nothing but problems,windows don't work half the time,inside interior ripped from break in,mileage gauge does not work so the mileage is approx.135000 miles,ball joints need repair,tie rods, needs brakes,over heats even after changing thermostat,needs new head gasket,new back window, can not be driven at this time.Only 1 picture after 1 accident of bumper, car is at stepsons house,my husband just signed it to him, he can afford to get things fixed eventually.We had to have it towed over there.But i need some kind of a quote for records"

Have never had anything at all go wrong with it.

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "great value"

Cons: "not too sporty looking"

"Very comfie for road trips,picking up passengers, etc. Totally reliable. I am betting it will go to at least 200k miles.leather seats holding up great for a car 12 years old. no signs of wear except on steering wheel. love the seat warmers in winter, cools down fast with the AC after sitting out in the sun all day. I have owned 6 different Toyotas, from the Tuna can size Corolla, to the Supra to Mini Vans and SUV's. Loved them all. I am 5' 2" so I feel a little small to drive this,miss sitting up higher like in the SUV's."

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pros: "LUXURIOUS!"

Cons: "Nothing. Literally nothing whatsoever."

"There aren't enough words to describe my love for this car. This is my first car I've ever owned. Let me tell you young kids, this car is cool! Luxury, space, and huge V6 engine! Gas saver also! I get a good 29 on the highway! I have about 140,000 miles on it and it still runs good. Its probably been hit too many times to count on one's hand. Got slammed into the rear, slammed into the side, lodged a bookshelf under the car going 55 MPH, I mean the list goes on. But this amazing vehicle is still sitting outside and is ready to drive me around anywhere tomorrow. This car has saved my life many times. Being in Ohio, we have bad weather and this car always starts. I never worry about it going bad. In the 140,000 miles I have driven it, i have NEVER taken it to the repair shop for something that the car has done. It has always been someone else's doing. Every time it's been in there, nothing has ever been expensive and nothing has ever been an outrageous fix. It is the perfect car really for all ages! I recommend this car to everyone."

This car is the best!

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pros: "Great handling! Great feel! Solid ride."

"Love this car! After a history of new cars, this was the first used car I'd ever bought. It is now hands down the *best* car I've ever driven. My own little piece of paradise! It has all the 'bells and whistles' and although it ain't the purtiest thing when it comes to style, it provides a most luxurious ride. I'm keeping it until it falls apart. Yep, I love it that much."

We love this car

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pros: "super comfortable to drive and solid"

Cons: "pass through from trunk is small"

"Bought this used in 2004 with 40,000 miles. We commute over 120 miles per day and it now has over 325K miles and our mechanic thinks it has at least another 75k in it. Runs great, still looks good and rides better than most new cars. Would buy another Avalon for sure."

I have loved this car. It is so comfortable.

By on Thursday, May 03, 2012

"I have kept this car for eleven years because I have loved it. It is roomy and very comfortable. It has been such a reliable car and I will replace it with another Toyota."

Most reliable car I've ever owned.

By on Monday, April 30, 2012

Pros: "Dependability"

Cons: "Hard to find a suggestion."

"100,000 miles and never in the shop for any major repair, only regular maintenance. Will buy Toyota again for sure."

like it a lot

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"Quiet, roomy, comfortable ride, everything still works very well, sound system is very good, like sun roof that both tilts and slides. High speed maneuvering shows under steer and at speeds in excess of 100mph the steering feels light. Since I do high speed maneuvering only under duress and don' drive over 100 very often it doesn't detract from my overall satisfaction. I'm very glad I bought it (new)."

Very comfortable and spacious sedan.

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable, good on long trips, spacious"

Cons: "Not great on fuel, feels like a boat in the turns"

"I had this car throughout college and it continues to perform well as a daily driver and for long trips. One of the best road trip sedans I have ever driven or ridden in. The back seat is very spacious, and it has a very roomy trunk. There was so much space in this car I would use it to move in and out of my dorm room in college. Granted, it was filled to the brim. Repairs have been minimal, and the car has proved to be very reliable. I think it is a great alternative to the more expensive luxury sedans (such as Lexus), in that it has many great features at reasonable price. It will likely not have as many features as a Lexus, but if you don't mind missing out on some of the luxury then the Toyota Avalon is a great choice. The interior quality isn't bad at all, but it isn't particularly elegant. I must mention that I really enjoy the JBL audio system. I cannot overstate how comfortable the seats are and the amount of room the car offers. There is ample elbow and head room. I am 6'3" and find there to be plenty of leg room as well. Even with my seat all the way back there is plenty of room in the back for the passengers. The suspension is very soft. This provides excellent ride comfort, but a lot of sway under tight cornering. Compared to smaller cars (such as a Toyota Corolla) the Avalon handles like a boat. However, it has a better turning radius than other large sedans. My Avalon also has an extremely strong parking brake. Overall, it's a great value for money. I have found it to be reliable, comfortable, and spacious. Fuel economy isn't great, but it isn't terrible either. It is great for long trips and daily driving."

This car is one of the best I have owned.

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "No negatives=it has been a great auto!"

Cons: "No cons to speak of. Totally satisfied!"

"I have been continuously amazed with the reliability, and comfort of this vehicle. It has been one of the best, if not the best automobiles I have owned. Not developing a relationship with the dealer has been a pleasure. After driving Audi automobiles and being nickle and dimed to the extreme the Toyota Avalon was a driving pleasure."

I have had no problems with this car.

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

"I have had no problems with this vehicle. It still rides great"

We love this car. It still performs like new

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cons: "none to report"

"I have owned both Mer."

Affordable luxury

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "Cream puff, great cruising car"

Cons: "reliability, Handling"

"This car is responsive,"

great car!

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

"I bought this car used with 96000 miles. I have put 70000 miles on it and done nothing by maintenance. It is 11 yrs old and drives like a new car. It is dependable and solid car that is just starting to get broke in."

really reliable car

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "decent price"

Cons: "none honestly"

"i love the fuel mileage. and quality of the way the car is made only inconvineince is working under the hood parts arer hard to get to because u half to tke off alot to get to what u need to."

Toyota, what to say!

By on Monday, March 12, 2012

Pros: "Great brand and model, very fast and reliable!"

Cons: "The cup holder is to small for my mugs,lol!"

"This car had 140,000mi. when I bought it and now it has 165,000mi. and runs very strong and peppy but watch that heavy foot as it will eat gas like a V8. Drives very well, maint. is very low and holds its retail. I would recommend Toyota, NO QUESTION!"

Smooth Ride

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Smooth ride, roomy interior, huge trunk, reliable"

Cons: "Fair Driving dynamics, questionable looks"

"This is not a car for those who want to really enjoy the driving experience. This is a car for those who want to ride down the road in pure comfort. This car has one of the smoothest rides I have ever experience. It also has an extremely roomy and comfortable interior. That silky smooth ride does have a setbacks in the driving dynamics though. It feels very disconnect and leans a lot when turning, accelerating and braking. The interior is pretty high quality, but in the gray color, quite ugly. The car has been reliable, with only minor issues such as replacing an O2 sensor, which is very simple since it it located right in front of the engine on the exhaust manifold. Overall, this is a great car for someone who wants a comfortable and roomy car with breaking the bank."

Love it!

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable drive....so easy"

Cons: "Turning radius could be tighter"

"I love my Avalon, so reliable and comfortable. I have back problems and this has been a dream. Lots of leg room in back, as well. Large trunk. Love the exterior better than the newest version."

Rroomy interior

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "Excellent value large sedan."

Cons: "Handling on wet roads could be better."

"The Avalon is the best large sedan available. It has ample room for adults in both front and rear seats. The car is exceptionally quiet with a smooth ride and many subtle extras that improve its function. For example, there are hand grips above each door, air and heat ducts in both front and rear seats and hidden (pocketed) trunk hardware as well as many other small things that add up to better function and convenience. The car has performed extremely well, with routine maintenance and required no major repairs. All in all, the care has far exceeded my expectations."

Love it!

By on Friday, February 03, 2012

"At 113,000 miles, no problems! Just routine maintenance -- and, frankly, only a fraction of what is recommended; I played catch-up at 100,000 miles. The ride is incredibly comfortable and quiet, the interior is roomy, and the seats are the most comfortable car seats I have ever experienced. I have back and knee problems, and I can drive long distances -- frequently 8 hours -- in the Avalon without any back discomfort, and can stretch my legs out fully, which helps my knees. I am pretty certain that when the time comes, I will buy another Avalon."

Awesome car

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

"Awesome power, great handling, nothing has broke serious. love the sun roof but the thing I love the most is the power outlet in the back!! not that i would but you could run a blow dryer if you wanted to :). That plug has came in SO handy at times. This car is awesome I would be so lucky to have another after this one. Too bad I'm not with the boyfriend that bought it for me anymore. :( I highly recommend this car. I have had a few weird things go wrong. The cup holder broke in the out position, the stereo over heats and the 6 disk changer stops working and the heater on the feet doesnt work even after taking it to be fixed after i bought it. The car is sound though. this week i am making the first big repair. a seal that connects the transmission to the motor is leaking, they will have to pull the trany out 995.00$$$ Kinda crazy but with almost 300,000 miles not bad. gotta make sure it is good for the ride to F.L. Good luck."

Best car that I have owed

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Solid and VERY comfortable."

Cons: "Everyone in the house fight to us this car."

"NO a single major repair at all. If maintenance is performed as the schedule recommended timeline, no problem at all."

You will never own a better car. .

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

"245,000 miles and it's still like a new car!"

Amazing Car! Handles good/gas, more power

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, fast, handles great,lots of space/power,"

Cons: "Big wheels 16""

"Nearly the perfect car! See for yourself."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25