2001 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 436 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

Excellent car!

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

"I own this car for about 6 years. Put more than 100000 miles on it, now it has 207000 total mileage. Had only minor problems. Very reliable."

Avalon Safety

By on Monday, February 18, 2008

"I owned a 1999 Avalon and experienced a car traveling into my lane. It hit me head on. My car front end went from about 5 feet long to 2 feet long and the car was knocked off to a side road quit a distance. The emergency people thought that there was going to be major injuries by looking at the car. I was sadly informed that the car that hit me, that the driver will need to go through several reconstructive surgeries. The impressive thing was that my windshield only had a small crack in the bottom left corner, I had bruising from the seat belts and a small burn from the air bag and my son had a slight concussion. Pretty impressive so of course I would only purchase another Avalon because I feel safer."

The Avalon is one of the best cars I have ever own

By on Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pros: "Economical, luxury, comfortable, handles great...."

Cons: "None!"

"I have had an Avalon since 1995. I have always purchased a lease trade back in from the dealer. Always around 45,000 to 50,000 miles and at that age is like buying a new car. The Avalon is not what a youngster would buy, so usually an older person who would take car of the vehicle is the type of buyer for this great vehicle. I just found a 2008 Avalon Limited ( the top of the line) with 6,900 miles on the odometer.......fabulous find, and I love it. It rides as good as a Lexus or any Benz. If you like a bigger luxury type car with 29 miles to the gallon.......get one today. You won't be sorry if the one you get was cared for by the previous owner or a Toyota Certified Dealer."

Excellent

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

"Pro - huge back seat, huge trunk (2004 is the last year for the big trunk) Thoroughly reliable and trouble-free. Mileage is always over 23mpg. Con - 1.This car EATS front brake rotors. They will warp after about 5000 miles of easy driving. I finally bought two extra front rotors and swap them out. (Keeps me from having to wait on the machine shop) 2. Throw out the acid-leaking battery before it slobbers all over your frame and radiator and eats holes in it. Buy an Optima SEALED AGM battery to fix the problem forever. 3. Wheel balance. I cannot for the life of me get the wheels balance properly. Not sure if I should blame the car or my local tire shops."

First (Foreign) vehicle and best one I ever owned

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "Fantastically reliable, no unexpected failures"

Cons: "Absolutely, positively NONE"

"Until 2002, I had almost owned nothing but GM's, Chevy's and Buicks and Chevy Pick Ups. Did some research on internet and talked with friends who owned other cars. Determined Toyota to be best buy and stopped by dealer. Was impressed with Avalon and since it was for my wife and she liked it, we bought it. Had to replace battery once, one oxygen sensor, tires and have serviced regularly, including minor brake job. Absolutely no other problems ever. It never even acted like it didn't want to start. I am so satisfied, I bought a 2014 Avalon, just like it, same color even, plus other bells and whistles. We both love our TOYOTA. Selling the 2002 to my daughter after having 100,000 mile service. Dealing with Toyota (dealers) is much more pleasant than with all "American car" dealers. Plus, Toyota is made in America, so I don't feel guilty about buying foreign products."