2000 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 426 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

I really like this car, but I don't quite love it

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"Exellent value. Because the car is bland in apperance and performance the car is undervalued by the market. This is great if you don't mind what it lacks and are looking for a luxurious car that will run forever. I have a 2000 XLS with only a few complaints: Road Noise is louder than expected, only one temp for heated seats (either high or Off), no fold flat rear seat, instead their is only a center armrest pass through, and no passenger lumbar (OK, now I'm getting a little too picky). One additional compaint, the car has automatic locking doors when you put the car in drive. That's fine, but when you place the car into park, the doors don't unlock. It's the one thing I'd change about the car, perhaps they fixed it in later years as mine is a 2000. Please don't get the wrong impression, overal I really like the car, so for the things I love: everything about the moonroof, the 115 volt outlet (very conveneint as I'm in sales and use a notebook computer on the road), value of the car, very few repairs at 150K miles, info display on dash that displays MPG's etc, the overal size of the car (it's big but not too big), the legroom in the front and back, I'm 6' 3" and I'm very comfortable in the front seat or the back with pletny of legroom and headroom, lots of storage, lots of little cubies for my stuff, the leather seats are in great shape after 150K miles (I bought it at 120K miles about 1.5 years ago)safety rating, and more I'm probably forgeting. If you don't mind the bland exterior styling and lack of performance, the price MORE than makes up for both when buying this car used."

Great car!

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

"I bought my Avalon with over 100,000 miles. It is now pushing 180. I have had to fix minor repairs and regular maintenance but it has proved to be reliable. The Avalon is hands down, the most reliable car I've owned."

Excellent car!

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

"I own this car for about 6 years. Put more than 100000 miles on it, now it has 207000 total mileage. Had only minor problems. Very reliable."

Avalon Safety

By on Monday, February 18, 2008

"I owned a 1999 Avalon and experienced a car traveling into my lane. It hit me head on. My car front end went from about 5 feet long to 2 feet long and the car was knocked off to a side road quit a distance. The emergency people thought that there was going to be major injuries by looking at the car. I was sadly informed that the car that hit me, that the driver will need to go through several reconstructive surgeries. The impressive thing was that my windshield only had a small crack in the bottom left corner, I had bruising from the seat belts and a small burn from the air bag and my son had a slight concussion. Pretty impressive so of course I would only purchase another Avalon because I feel safer."

I WILL by another.

By on Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pros: "Great ride, mechanicaly sound."

Cons: "flimsy cup holder."

"Bought this car 1 year old from a dealer. 302k mainly expressway miles but it has had minimal break on it. Still looks great though could use a paint job but thats mainly from road debri. I guarantee another 100k. Best car I ever owned hands down."

Great Sedan

By on Saturday, August 18, 2007

"Purchased 2002 model used 4 yrs ago with 20,000 mi. Now has 110,000 mi. Very satisfied. Had repeated AC problems, expensive to fix, but no other complaints. Really have to push the AC to keep the back seat passengers cool. With only two in front, the lowest settings work well, and it operates silently. The fan is loud at the higher speeds. Drives nice, but I never push a car. As noted in other reviews, the Avalon has a superior ride and excellent room in all seats. Materials and workmanship are excellent. My sister, a Lexus owner, says she can't tell the difference. Great car for driving long distances with passengers. I would buy another without hesitation."

Great car. Really enjoy it

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "It is not a sports car but is pleasant to drive"

Cons: "Sunshine makes it pretty hot inside"

"We bought it when it was 5 years old and have had it almost 8 years. We put 70,000 miles on it. we have not had any repairs beyond brakes and tires. it is quiet, has plenty of power, and is comfortable. Very roomy.We get22-23 mpg in subburban driving, 27-28 at freeway speeds and 30-33 at 55mph."

The Avalon is one of the best cars I have ever own

By on Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pros: "Economical, luxury, comfortable, handles great...."

Cons: "None!"

"I have had an Avalon since 1995. I have always purchased a lease trade back in from the dealer. Always around 45,000 to 50,000 miles and at that age is like buying a new car. The Avalon is not what a youngster would buy, so usually an older person who would take car of the vehicle is the type of buyer for this great vehicle. I just found a 2008 Avalon Limited ( the top of the line) with 6,900 miles on the odometer.......fabulous find, and I love it. It rides as good as a Lexus or any Benz. If you like a bigger luxury type car with 29 miles to the gallon.......get one today. You won't be sorry if the one you get was cared for by the previous owner or a Toyota Certified Dealer."

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pros: "LUXURIOUS!"

Cons: "Nothing. Literally nothing whatsoever."

"There aren't enough words to describe my love for this car. This is my first car I've ever owned. Let me tell you young kids, this car is cool! Luxury, space, and huge V6 engine! Gas saver also! I get a good 29 on the highway! I have about 140,000 miles on it and it still runs good. Its probably been hit too many times to count on one's hand. Got slammed into the rear, slammed into the side, lodged a bookshelf under the car going 55 MPH, I mean the list goes on. But this amazing vehicle is still sitting outside and is ready to drive me around anywhere tomorrow. This car has saved my life many times. Being in Ohio, we have bad weather and this car always starts. I never worry about it going bad. In the 140,000 miles I have driven it, i have NEVER taken it to the repair shop for something that the car has done. It has always been someone else's doing. Every time it's been in there, nothing has ever been expensive and nothing has ever been an outrageous fix. It is the perfect car really for all ages! I recommend this car to everyone."

Excellent

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

"Pro - huge back seat, huge trunk (2004 is the last year for the big trunk) Thoroughly reliable and trouble-free. Mileage is always over 23mpg. Con - 1.This car EATS front brake rotors. They will warp after about 5000 miles of easy driving. I finally bought two extra front rotors and swap them out. (Keeps me from having to wait on the machine shop) 2. Throw out the acid-leaking battery before it slobbers all over your frame and radiator and eats holes in it. Buy an Optima SEALED AGM battery to fix the problem forever. 3. Wheel balance. I cannot for the life of me get the wheels balance properly. Not sure if I should blame the car or my local tire shops."