9.4

Based on 407 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, smooth transmission, awesome reliability."

Cons: "Front is prone to chipping. Could use larger tires"

"Bought it used in 2006 with 77K on the odometer. Other than the usual tires, brakes, batteries, etc. all it needed was new cylinder gaskets. It's starting to use some oil but again, I did run over on the interval a few times. I am a big guy and drive 40K a year or so highway and rural. It has (2) 12V chargers and a converter for AC. The seat warmers are great on cold days and I've never had the air conditioner serviced. It just keeps blowing cold air. Did need a new blendor for the heater a few years ago, though. If you can find one in good shape (There have been problems reported with sludge) buy it!"

very good car

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"Toyota avalon 2003 very good every thing .milig 115.550 ,black.6 slinder"

Going strong.

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "sound system, modest power, comfortable ride,"

Cons: "cheap interior, squeaky belts, low RPM running"

"This car has been passed from driver to driver, (one previous owner, to my dad, and then to myself.) I've absolutely loved driving this car. It's comfortable, and it's quick for its size. Gas mileage could be better, but at the same time, it could be worse. I'm only being honest. It's a very neutral looking car, so it doesn't attract much attention and yet it's simple enough to be modified if chosen to do so. (Which brings me to another point, there aren't too terribly many avalons out there that have been modified.) There are only three things I think I can possibly complain about in this car. For one, the rims have been losing their clear coat since 180k miles. Two, the AC belt squeals like crazy in wet conditions, and when the car has JUST been started (typically stops once the car reaches 2nd gear.) Finally, since about 190k miles the engine has developed and insufferably inconvenient LOW rev idling issue. I've taken it in to several mechanics etc. and nobody can figure out what it is. About 50% of the start ups in this car come with an engine idle that runs under 500 RPMs. The electrical systems will dim, and the throttle becomes extremely touchy (light touch is TOO light, and the line from that to movement is extremely fine.) As a result of this low idle, the car will stall out about 25% of the time if you don't power brake and hold your foot on the gas to keep it above 700 RPM. This is merely an inconvenience. The car has never "broken down" on me, and I've never had any immobilizing mechanical problems."

it is a lemon

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "great car if you get a good one"

Cons: "very costly to keep if you get a lemon"

"It would seem that about 1 out of twenty 2004 AVALONS are lemons and mine is one big yellow one. with only 120K miles ---I have had had about 5000 extra dollars worth of repairs on a car that has had the best dealer service available.Same dealer takes care of my wifes 2004 highlander and it has a perfect record at 175K with zero extra cost so far"

more comfortable than new avalons!

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy, reliable..."

Cons: "really none for a 2004 vehicle!"

"Can't beat the solid feel, reliability, comfort of this vehicle. When we think of possibly trading it in for another vehicle that has today's features (navigation, bluetooth, etc.) but then we ask why? Don't we already have a utterly comfortable, reliable car, with lots of room, good gas mileage (21 city/ 29 hwy. on regular gas) great repair history? What more can you want from a car? So we maintain the minimal upkeep required (oil/ tires/ etc.) and the car continues riding like a dream!"

Great Car I hope lasts forever

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "Comfort Interior, Great Ride, Low Maintenance, etc"

Cons: "None with car, Toyota's con jobs for extra mtc."

"I visit the Toyota dealership for oil, etc., and look at the new Avalons and wonder why I would ever get rid of this car. it runs the way it did when I bought it, it is more comfortable and rides better than my dad's cadillacs and towncars. I am tall and have more room in my 2003 than the 2013 Avalon models. One issue I have with Toyota though is the the 90000 mile recommendations for timing belt/water pump replacement, I had it done but wasn't necessary at 100000 with this car. The pump and belt were not worn or pitted and looked like new. I wasted $400. only other services have been brakes and struts, which I expected. Great car I will keep until it quits running or I quit running."

Approaching 14 years old and still going strong!

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

"I have owned this car since new and have always loved its comfortable feel and reliability. The car is very low cost on maintenance as well. The ride is extremely smooth and the car has no rattling even on terrible streets. Plenty of room and great gas mileage. For being a 2000 model, Toyota really did a fantastic job on this car and its structure and design aged well. I keep it detailed and friends still think its a 2006 model."

allmost perfict

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "great price , fun to drive. smooth ride"

Cons: "brakes too small. Too much Play in stearing on hig"

"Every thing worked excellent, except for a little to much play in the steering on highway. This might have been corrected if front stirring was tightened. maybe The brakes "I felt" were to small for the car, especially coming up and down the Rocky Mountains. "brake displacement""

very reliable, smooth ride, great visibility,

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "lots of room, good visibility, comfortable"

Cons: "no audio input port,"

2000 Toyota Avalon

"I've owned this car since it was new. I've never been stranded by any failure in the car. I get about 20 mpg in town and close to 30 mpg on the road. Lots of room and great visibility. there is no rust and the finish still shines. I recommend this car."

2000 Toyota Avalon

This car still rides smoother than my new car.

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Great car and fun to drive."

"This 2002 Avalon rides better than the new luxury car, I just purchased. You will be pleased and proud to own and drive this car."