1999 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 325 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

A Keeper

By on Friday, September 2, 2011

Pros: "Realiability!"

Cons: "Cloudy headlights"

"Drives great, looks great, room for two pre-teen kids and a carseat in the back and very comfortable driver and passenger seating! Plus it has leather interior. This car is a definite keeper! I will keep on driving it until there's a major problem, but so far all looks good. Had a gasket leak and it was fixed - part cost less than $50. Haven't had any other major problems. Only concerns - struts may be worn and headlamps are cloudy (cannot open and clean). TIP: Keep tire pressure at manufacturer recomendations, otherwise you may not get the best fuel efficiency (found that out today...duh!)."

Great car

By on Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"I bought this car brand new in 1998. The first thing i noticed about this car was the acceleration. At freeway speeds all you have to do is put it down and you're passing everything in sight. The ride is supple and the creature comforts are without parallel. Heated seats, automatic climate control, stellar sound system....as an XLS model it has it all including the moonroof. If you can find one snap it up."

98 175K

By on Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Best car I've owned. very low maintenance cost, 28mpg with v6! Outstanding reliability. Survived 2 teenagers. Better than my past Infinity Q45, better that wife's Acura RL (but not much). After 11 years of New england driving just starting to show tiny amount of rust spots. Still my daily driver."

a quality car

By on Thursday, November 22, 2007

"Ive had my 98 avalon for a year and its been a great car. Its got a nice sturdy well made interior with plush leather seats. The ride is extremely smooth and suprised with how close it is to some higher end luxury cars. The 3.0 liter V6 is quick with excellent pick up and passing power on the high way and is pretty good on gas. I get 20 mpg usually city driving and and 30 mpg highway. My only complaints with this car has been the breaks which arent the greastest and had there shair of repairs and the exterior paint isnt the best and chips easy. I would recommend this car to anyone whos looking for a luxury car with paying the price for one."

I love this car.

By on Saturday, October 6, 2007

"I've had a number of cars, and this is the nicest I've had. It has 130,000 miles on it now, and it's never had to be repaired. This is one comfortable, fast, reliable car. I do actively recommend it to friends. The ride is smooth and comfortable, the steering is smooth and easy, while retaining plenty of feel for the road. This car will peel rubber at 30mph if you floor it! It's an amazing car! It also grips the road really well."

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned

By on Monday, September 3, 2007

"This has been the best car I have ever owned. I bought it with 53K miles on it. I've had it almost 4 and 1/2 years. It just kicked over 151K miles. I can't tell that it drives any differently than it did when I first bought it and it had 53K miles on it. I'm expecting to drive it at least to 200K or 250K. Thanks, Toyota, for making a vehicle that I don't have to worry about even with several hundred thousand miles on it!"

Good Investment

By on Wednesday, August 1, 2007

"Purchased 1998 Avalon in 2000 with 24,000 miles on it. Liked the older body style than the one introduced in 2000. Only thing I don't like about the car is it's dark green color. It's been very reliable and comfortable and operates as good now at 108,000 miles as it did at 24,000. Mileage is 20 mpg in town and 30-32 on the road. Barring any major problems I'm planning on keeping it until at least 150,000 and then give it to one of my grandchildren. Have followed Toyota maintenance schedule rigorously."

Excellent in all respects.

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"Best value for the money. Exceptional quality. Uncanny reliability. Rides smoothly. Handles well. Good economy 20-30 mpg. I like the styling (especially the taillight assembly) of the '98-'99 Avalon better than the afterthought mongel look of the newer models."

loving it for over 265,000 miles - best car ever

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and reliable"

Cons: "NONE"

"When, as, if it dies, I'm afraid I'll never get another car this good."

Still going strong

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

"Bought the car new and then gave it to my daughter. Has 205,000 and has had minimal mechanical problems. Enginewise, no problems and still gets 29MPG. Currently have to replace the temp. rheostat and the floor/defrost deflector switch. I am now a loyal toyota customer...currently in a Camry SE"