1999 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 320 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Excellent vehicle

By on Friday, April 17, 2015

"Best car I have ever owned, including MB, Audi, Porsche."

THIS AVALON HAS EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS!!

By on Sunday, March 08, 2015

Pros: "RUNS REAL GOOD"

Cons: "NEEDS SOME WORK"

"THIS CAR RUNS GREAT. LEATHER INTERIOR. PHENOMONAL SOUND SYSTEM WITH AM/FM RADIO AND CD PLAYER. IT WON'T LAST LONG AT THIS PRICE. READY TO HELP YOUR FAMILY. AM/FM RADIO AND CD PLAYER. MY FAMILY REALLY ENJOYS THE COMFORTABLE RIDE. THIS IS BASICALLY A LEXUS. GREAT FUEL MILEAGE. 25 MPG. $2,500"

NO WREAK HISTORY, VERY CLEAN IN & OUT

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pros: "QUITE & SMOOTH RIDE"

Cons: "NO REAR CUP HOLDERS"

"2 OWNERS ONLY. 79,729 ORIGINAL MILES. EXCELLENT BODY"

The Avalon that never ends

By on Thursday, February 12, 2015

Pros: "Will not die"

Cons: "Will not die"

"312000 miles and keeps on driving! Past 7 years 2 batteries, 1 used strut, and 2 sets of tires = $1500. Mileage is great for an older car."

Great road car. Smooth ride. Dependable.

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

"Newer 4-wheel gas struts, battery, tires, 120,000 mile double tip iridium spark plugs Regularly serviced. garage kept. Burgundy color. Original owner. Purchased new."

This has been the very best car I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Cons: "It's just a great car!"

"I LOVE my car. Don't think I could ever really sell it. I have taken good care of it and it has taken good car of me!!"

new timing belt and water pump. New tires

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Smooth riding, comfortable, enough power, peppy."

Cons: "auto. antenna does't work. Paint coming off RH mir"

"Some small paint chips and paint coming off RH side mirror. Tinted glass."

Love this Car and looking for another one!!

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "About everything."

Cons: "A little wind noise near driver's window"

"I have owned a 99 Avalon for nearly two years. This car runs, drives and handles EXCEPTIONALLY well. I prefer to drive this car over my 2012 Kia. Only issue I have had is one of the rear calipers started to stick and my check engine light came on. The light was easily fixed by putting a new $20 Toyota OE gas cap on. And, when I bought the car the sunroof would only pop up and wouldn't slide. No biggee because I dislike sunroofs anyway. I am constantly looking to buy another one that has been take care of. I honestly believe this 3.0 Engine will go over 300k miles. I get around 29 mpg on the highway."

Great engine and good gas mileage

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "The car is spacious and engine in good shape"

Cons: "rack and pin needs a little work"

"The car still runs and has already been smogged and registered!!!!!!!!!"

Great investment

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "Hold it's value after all these years."

"This is my everyday car I've had it for a loooong time and it has really been good to me! I would never part with this vehicle willingly. Great on gas, minimal maintenance, very reliable, and still a nice looking car! If I had to do it all over again, I would do it in a heartbeat!"

wonderfully dependable car!!

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

"So few issues over 17 years. Batteries and wiper blades. No serious problems. I will keep this car forever!"

Fabulous Car! Dependable handling!

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

"I would keep it but it was totaled when I was hit. I could not believe that I had absolutely no physical problems. The car is so well-made and still very spunky. It was just a very comfortable, tight-handling car which handled so well even in threatening conditions. I took regular care of it with an excellent mechanic and had no problem. The Catalytic system held up all this time."

Such reliable, much like.

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Price, reliability, spacious, quiet, smooth ride."

Cons: "Cup holders, a little bulky, gas mileage, a/c."

"I purchased this vehicle at an extremely low price (didn't break a grand, seriously it was a steal, blessed) and I couldn't have chosen a better car. It's reliable, comfortable, and gets me from A to B without worry. It has cosmetic damage (dents outside, wood grain interior broken in some places) but that's the doing of the previous owner. My cooling system is acting up, but I'm in the process of getting that taken care of. Any problems I've had have been simple fixes (neighborhood mechanics fix problems with ease and at an affordable cost) and the vehicle is not difficult to maintain. The car key/dongle/electronic key system went "out" but a change of batteries and inside cleaning helped. Changing the battery is the first step- taking it to a locksmith to be opened and cleaned from melting is a valuable note. My lock mechanism has gone out, meaning I can not use my car key to open the door. So keep the dongle cleaning in mind, could save you some time and money. Lock replacement is a bit pricey, but a locksmith can perform these repairs as well. (Saving those dollas to get this performed obviously.) All in all, I love my car and will treasure it for as long as it's kicking. I despise the cup holders though, I have spilled so many slushies it's ridiculous."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive; dependable, spacious, comfortable"

"No complaints whatsoever! I can't say that about any other car we have owned. Has held up well for 17 years!"

The best of the best, ever!!!

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Cons: "ZERO cons"

"234,000 miles and this car just keeps on going. It's as comfortable to drive and ride in, as it was the day I purchased it. Remains stylish, dependable and a real road warrior. Love this car and cannot think of one negative thing to say after 16 years. Great gas mileage which puts many new cars to shame."

i love this car

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

"old car done work to it keeps it new"

Pros: "Dependable, great mpg"

"I have 290,000 miles on this white 1997 toyota avalon xls and think I can get it to 500k miles:). Purchased from original owner at 150,000miles. This avalon just keeps on going. The last 4 years I have had to replace the timing belt, water pump, front wheel ball bearing, and shocks/struts. Paint still looks great. I put mobile 1 synthetic oil into it every 10,000 miles and 3 ounces of lucus in my fuel tank once a month with my fill up. I have a feeling my shocks/struts will need to get replaced soon. Im not sure of the quality I bought last 4 years. Also the remote (lock, trunk, unlock) dongle stopped working 3 years ago. Batteries were replaced and still nothing? I get about 24mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the hwy. Until the repair cost get higher than a car payment I will continue to drive it. Love this car."

VERY RELIABLE AUTOMOBILE

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, equipped, seats, cheap maintaining,"

Cons: "replaced head gaskets"

"Had the car since new in 1997. I still love it might be out to date now but a excellent transportation runs like a champ. My Avalon XLS is fully loaded everything original except did replace some minor things nothing like a warranty issue hasn't gone wrong with this car. This car drives brand new the first day I bought it on having comfortable seats and best ride ever. I highly recommend it after having excellent ownership in 17 years when purchased it new off the lot. She has plenty of power and lots of pep in engine/transmission it is important to take extremely care of those major electronics because car will last a long time on lots of miles."

Excellent vehicle

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

"I purchased this vehicle 2 years ago from the original owner who took very good care of it. It has been great and easy to maintain and has had no breakdowns. Fun to drive and very comfortable!"

RELIABE TOYOTA AVALON FROM 1999

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, dependable, excellent ride, quiet"

"This car was purchased new in 1999 and now its the most reliable car ever had it ranks #1 from a great reliability history 15 years in row. My Avalon drives better than most vehicles as rentals and relatives I've been riding in its smooth ride and great V6 engine gives perfect acceleration to the car at anytime. Car is comfortable on long trips traveling out of town or state I always have the oil changed every 3k miles with high synthetic oil due to high mileage on motor, (Tire rotations and changing fluids doing oil changes as well). I Love my car very comfortable affordable at its age and still gives the luxury every time driving my Avalon. Engine: Transmission both running strong without needed any major high expensive repairs even there isn't no rust or paint chips anywhere around car its 2 tone/green exterior factory paint I got to say looks excellent for the age it is. I be driving this car hard even running on surfaces as rocks and other debris still holding up well being a 15 year old car. Only things that was replaced on the Avalon were brakes, CVs, timing chain, all new belts, alternator, struts, batteries, water pump and fuel injector ''etc''. Avalon is quiet and being if not a luxury car the size it is this vehicle rides just like a Buick having all the best features in its class. I'm planning to drive it many more miles before time for a new car replaced but might last even longer as think probably give another 30 more years or so. Reliable Toyota Ever Owned or Drove."

I love my car!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, good mileage, reliable, good ride."

Cons: "Smooth steering does not "feel" the road."

"Bought this car used at 2 yrs of age in 1997. I have always enjoyed driving, packing, and traveling in this car! The TRUNK is awsome! Load it up and it still gets 29 MPG on the road! I kept wondering when I was going to have to replace it, but in 19 years have only replaced the torque converter, front axles (cheaper than replacing just the CV boots now), a water pump and fuel pump (just last year), and then just general maintenance! Changed the oil religiously every 3K miles. I did have to replace the sub-woofers in the doors when one finally started rattling 2 years ago. Car is Quiet! Sound is great! Mileage is great! Still a good car if it has been maintained!"

high milage,but it doesn't seem to be a problem.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "great ride"

Cons: "no mud-guards"

"l like this car,and just like that other owner,l think l also would be sad to see it sold."

Attractive Toyota Avalon -owned by elderly lady

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "Low mileage, new tires, passed emiss 2014,ex cond"

Cons: "19 yrs old"

"Only 130,00 miles Champaign color, no dents or scratches, seats and carpet in excellent condition, practically new tires, drives good, no mechanical defects, complete maintenance records, emission passed Feb 2014 Asking $2800 as is, may get mechanics review"