1999 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 306 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Attractive Toyota Avalon -owned by elderly lady

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "Low mileage, new tires, passed emiss 2014,ex cond"

Cons: "19 yrs old"

"Only 130,00 miles Champaign color, no dents or scratches, seats and carpet in excellent condition, practically new tires, drives good, no mechanical defects, complete maintenance records, emission passed Feb 2014 Asking $2800 as is, may get mechanics review"

great gas mileage very reliable nice car

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "very reliable 29 mpg on fwy nice to drive"

Cons: "???"

"I bought a 1996 Avalon used it had about 140000 miles on it I've been driving it for years I put about 130000 miles on it since I've owned it and I'm very confidant that whoever i sell it to should be able to get at least another 1000000 miles out of it no problem"

Most reliable and low maintenance car I ever owned

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "reliable, low maintenance, quality, rust-proof"

Cons: "2 dinky cup holders, easily knocking engine"

"This car has lasted me a long time. And it will continue to run past 200K if oil is changed on time and it is not raced. The car is very comfortable to drive in, I would take it for a ride instead of a Lexus SUV I own. The interior design is falls apart with age, but everything remains functional. For example, the leather seats wear out, but the dash remains all workable. The seats still function, and windows. All the service I did on it was replace water pump and timing belt to make it last. Those are the 2 things that can make or break this car. Some Avalons we owned, we did not replace oil on time, or it was low on oil, the engine starts knocking and then the engine is a gonner. So important to check the oil level occasionally, or suffer having to replace the engine. The oil pressure in the car is higher than others at idle, therefore, overall the oil in this car is high pressures to make sure the engine runs lubricated all over, that is what makes it last long. If water pump and timing belt aren't replaced after 100K then I don't recommend buying the car. My father owns only these models of cars (1995-1996) are the best because they don't rust, EVER. We use synthetic oil and it runs like a clock. The paint wears off with time on 1997-1998 more than 1995-1996. Other maintenance work that was done was usual replacement of oil, filter, air filter, tires, brakes, pads... Overall a very low maintenance and reliable car."

Very impressed - best car I ever owned.

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "190hp engine - terrific - at best on the highway."

Cons: "Left rear power window, power seats problem >18 yr"

"Replaced several water pumps, CVC boot front axle. Drove the car overseas and all over the United States. I love this car. Best $25000 I ever spent on an automobile."

The best and first car I've ever owned!!!!

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

"I bought my Avalon about 4 years ago cash for about 1,200. It's the best car I could have ever chosen as my first, it drives very smooth it is very spacious and for a V6 I can definitely consider it a gas saver. I had to replace the water pump and the timing belt once but that's pretty much it . After four years of depending on this car I decided to finally upgrade but it's very hard to let go since I'm afraid of selling it and buying a car that won't compare or be as reliable as this one. I think I'm gonna cry when I see my baby go."