1999 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 309 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

RELIABE TOYOTA AVALON FROM 1999

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, dependable, excellent ride, quiet"

"This car was purchased new in 1999 and now its the most reliable car ever had it ranks #1 from a great reliability history 15 years in row. My Avalon drives better than most vehicles as rentals and relatives I've been riding in its smooth ride and great V6 engine gives perfect acceleration to the car at anytime. Car is comfortable on long trips traveling out of town or state I always have the oil changed every 3k miles with high synthetic oil due to high mileage on motor, (Tire rotations and changing fluids doing oil changes as well). I Love my car very comfortable affordable at its age and still gives the luxury every time driving my Avalon. Engine: Transmission both running strong without needed any major high expensive repairs even there isn't no rust or paint chips anywhere around car its 2 tone/green exterior factory paint I got to say looks excellent for the age it is. I be driving this car hard even running on surfaces as rocks and other debris still holding up well being a 15 year old car. Only things that was replaced on the Avalon were brakes, CVs, timing chain, all new belts, alternator, struts, batteries, water pump and fuel injector ''etc''. Avalon is quiet and being if not a luxury car the size it is this vehicle rides just like a Buick having all the best features in its class. I'm planning to drive it many more miles before time for a new car replaced but might last even longer as think probably give another 30 more years or so. Reliable Toyota Ever Owned or Drove."

I love my car!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, good mileage, reliable, good ride."

Cons: "Smooth steering does not "feel" the road."

"Bought this car used at 2 yrs of age in 1997. I have always enjoyed driving, packing, and traveling in this car! The TRUNK is awsome! Load it up and it still gets 29 MPG on the road! I kept wondering when I was going to have to replace it, but in 19 years have only replaced the torque converter, front axles (cheaper than replacing just the CV boots now), a water pump and fuel pump (just last year), and then just general maintenance! Changed the oil religiously every 3K miles. I did have to replace the sub-woofers in the doors when one finally started rattling 2 years ago. Car is Quiet! Sound is great! Mileage is great! Still a good car if it has been maintained!"

high milage,but it doesn't seem to be a problem.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "great ride"

Cons: "no mud-guards"

"l like this car,and just like that other owner,l think l also would be sad to see it sold."

Attractive Toyota Avalon -owned by elderly lady

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "Low mileage, new tires, passed emiss 2014,ex cond"

Cons: "19 yrs old"

"Only 130,00 miles Champaign color, no dents or scratches, seats and carpet in excellent condition, practically new tires, drives good, no mechanical defects, complete maintenance records, emission passed Feb 2014 Asking $2800 as is, may get mechanics review"

great gas mileage very reliable nice car

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "very reliable 29 mpg on fwy nice to drive"

Cons: "???"

"I bought a 1996 Avalon used it had about 140000 miles on it I've been driving it for years I put about 130000 miles on it since I've owned it and I'm very confidant that whoever i sell it to should be able to get at least another 1000000 miles out of it no problem"