1998 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 309 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Pros: "Dependable, great mpg"

"I have 290,000 miles on this white 1997 toyota avalon xls and think I can get it to 500k miles:). Purchased from original owner at 150,000miles. This avalon just keeps on going. The last 4 years I have had to replace the timing belt, water pump, front wheel ball bearing, and shocks/struts. Paint still looks great. I put mobile 1 synthetic oil into it every 10,000 miles and 3 ounces of lucus in my fuel tank once a month with my fill up. I have a feeling my shocks/struts will need to get replaced soon. Im not sure of the quality I bought last 4 years. Also the remote (lock, trunk, unlock) dongle stopped working 3 years ago. Batteries were replaced and still nothing? I get about 24mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the hwy. Until the repair cost get higher than a car payment I will continue to drive it. Love this car."

VERY RELIABLE AUTOMOBILE

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, equipped, seats, cheap maintaining,"

Cons: "replaced head gaskets"

"Had the car since new in 1997. I still love it might be out to date now but a excellent transportation runs like a champ. My Avalon XLS is fully loaded everything original except did replace some minor things nothing like a warranty issue hasn't gone wrong with this car. This car drives brand new the first day I bought it on having comfortable seats and best ride ever. I highly recommend it after having excellent ownership in 17 years when purchased it new off the lot. She has plenty of power and lots of pep in engine/transmission it is important to take extremely care of those major electronics because car will last a long time on lots of miles."

Excellent vehicle

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

"I purchased this vehicle 2 years ago from the original owner who took very good care of it. It has been great and easy to maintain and has had no breakdowns. Fun to drive and very comfortable!"

See if you qualify for