1998 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 308 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Such reliable, much like.

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Price, reliability, spacious, quiet, smooth ride."

Cons: "Cup holders, a little bulky, gas mileage, a/c."

"I purchased this vehicle at an extremely low price (didn't break a grand, seriously it was a steal, blessed) and I couldn't have chosen a better car. It's reliable, comfortable, and gets me from A to B without worry. It has cosmetic damage (dents outside, wood grain interior broken in some places) but that's the doing of the previous owner. My cooling system is acting up, but I'm in the process of getting that taken care of. Any problems I've had have been simple fixes (neighborhood mechanics fix problems with ease and at an affordable cost) and the vehicle is not difficult to maintain. The car key/dongle/electronic key system went "out" but a change of batteries and inside cleaning helped. Changing the battery is the first step- taking it to a locksmith to be opened and cleaned from melting is a valuable note. My lock mechanism has gone out, meaning I can not use my car key to open the door. So keep the dongle cleaning in mind, could save you some time and money. Lock replacement is a bit pricey, but a locksmith can perform these repairs as well. (Saving those dollas to get this performed obviously.) All in all, I love my car and will treasure it for as long as it's kicking. I despise the cup holders though, I have spilled so many slushies it's ridiculous."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive; dependable, spacious, comfortable"

"No complaints whatsoever! I can't say that about any other car we have owned. Has held up well for 17 years!"

The best of the best, ever!!!

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Cons: "ZERO cons"

"234,000 miles and this car just keeps on going. It's as comfortable to drive and ride in, as it was the day I purchased it. Remains stylish, dependable and a real road warrior. Love this car and cannot think of one negative thing to say after 16 years. Great gas mileage which puts many new cars to shame."

i love this car

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

"old car done work to it keeps it new"

Pros: "Dependable, great mpg"

"I have 290,000 miles on this white 1997 toyota avalon xls and think I can get it to 500k miles:). Purchased from original owner at 150,000miles. This avalon just keeps on going. The last 4 years I have had to replace the timing belt, water pump, front wheel ball bearing, and shocks/struts. Paint still looks great. I put mobile 1 synthetic oil into it every 10,000 miles and 3 ounces of lucus in my fuel tank once a month with my fill up. I have a feeling my shocks/struts will need to get replaced soon. Im not sure of the quality I bought last 4 years. Also the remote (lock, trunk, unlock) dongle stopped working 3 years ago. Batteries were replaced and still nothing? I get about 24mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the hwy. Until the repair cost get higher than a car payment I will continue to drive it. Love this car."

VERY RELIABLE AUTOMOBILE

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, equipped, seats, cheap maintaining,"

Cons: "replaced head gaskets"

"Had the car since new in 1997. I still love it might be out to date now but a excellent transportation runs like a champ. My Avalon XLS is fully loaded everything original except did replace some minor things nothing like a warranty issue hasn't gone wrong with this car. This car drives brand new the first day I bought it on having comfortable seats and best ride ever. I highly recommend it after having excellent ownership in 17 years when purchased it new off the lot. She has plenty of power and lots of pep in engine/transmission it is important to take extremely care of those major electronics because car will last a long time on lots of miles."

Excellent vehicle

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

"I purchased this vehicle 2 years ago from the original owner who took very good care of it. It has been great and easy to maintain and has had no breakdowns. Fun to drive and very comfortable!"

RELIABE TOYOTA AVALON FROM 1999

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, dependable, excellent ride, quiet"

"This car was purchased new in 1999 and now its the most reliable car ever had it ranks #1 from a great reliability history 15 years in row. My Avalon drives better than most vehicles as rentals and relatives I've been riding in its smooth ride and great V6 engine gives perfect acceleration to the car at anytime. Car is comfortable on long trips traveling out of town or state I always have the oil changed every 3k miles with high synthetic oil due to high mileage on motor, (Tire rotations and changing fluids doing oil changes as well). I Love my car very comfortable affordable at its age and still gives the luxury every time driving my Avalon. Engine: Transmission both running strong without needed any major high expensive repairs even there isn't no rust or paint chips anywhere around car its 2 tone/green exterior factory paint I got to say looks excellent for the age it is. I be driving this car hard even running on surfaces as rocks and other debris still holding up well being a 15 year old car. Only things that was replaced on the Avalon were brakes, CVs, timing chain, all new belts, alternator, struts, batteries, water pump and fuel injector ''etc''. Avalon is quiet and being if not a luxury car the size it is this vehicle rides just like a Buick having all the best features in its class. I'm planning to drive it many more miles before time for a new car replaced but might last even longer as think probably give another 30 more years or so. Reliable Toyota Ever Owned or Drove."

See if you qualify for