1997 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 308 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Such reliable, much like.

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Price, reliability, spacious, quiet, smooth ride."

Cons: "Cup holders, a little bulky, gas mileage, a/c."

"I purchased this vehicle at an extremely low price (didn't break a grand, seriously it was a steal, blessed) and I couldn't have chosen a better car. It's reliable, comfortable, and gets me from A to B without worry. It has cosmetic damage (dents outside, wood grain interior broken in some places) but that's the doing of the previous owner. My cooling system is acting up, but I'm in the process of getting that taken care of. Any problems I've had have been simple fixes (neighborhood mechanics fix problems with ease and at an affordable cost) and the vehicle is not difficult to maintain. The car key/dongle/electronic key system went "out" but a change of batteries and inside cleaning helped. Changing the battery is the first step- taking it to a locksmith to be opened and cleaned from melting is a valuable note. My lock mechanism has gone out, meaning I can not use my car key to open the door. So keep the dongle cleaning in mind, could save you some time and money. Lock replacement is a bit pricey, but a locksmith can perform these repairs as well. (Saving those dollas to get this performed obviously.) All in all, I love my car and will treasure it for as long as it's kicking. I despise the cup holders though, I have spilled so many slushies it's ridiculous."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive; dependable, spacious, comfortable"

"No complaints whatsoever! I can't say that about any other car we have owned. Has held up well for 17 years!"

The best of the best, ever!!!

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Cons: "ZERO cons"

"234,000 miles and this car just keeps on going. It's as comfortable to drive and ride in, as it was the day I purchased it. Remains stylish, dependable and a real road warrior. Love this car and cannot think of one negative thing to say after 16 years. Great gas mileage which puts many new cars to shame."

i love this car

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

"old car done work to it keeps it new"

Very dependable car.

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, great mpg"

"I have 290,000 miles on this white 1997 toyota avalon xls and think I can get it to 500k miles:). Purchased from original owner at 150,000miles. This avalon just keeps on going. The last 4 years I have had to replace the timing belt, water pump, front wheel ball bearing, and shocks/struts. Paint still looks great. I put mobile 1 synthetic oil into it every 10,000 miles and 3 ounces of lucus in my fuel tank once a month with my fill up. I have a feeling my shocks/struts will need to get replaced soon. Im not sure of the quality I bought last 4 years. Also the remote (lock, trunk, unlock) dongle stopped working 3 years ago. Batteries were replaced and still nothing? I get about 24mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the hwy. Until the repair cost get higher than a car payment I will continue to drive it. Love this car."

See if you qualify for