1996 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 321 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Reliable "Insiders Secret" Toyota

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

"I have owned and sold (1) 1997 and (2) 1999 Avalon XLS cars. These cars have varied in mileage from 40K ( 1997 bought in 1999 ) to 230000 miles. I suggest “Insiders Secret" because I am always made to realize that the Toyota Camry is, if not the one of the, most popular and recognized cars on the planet. So it becomes interesting to see that the same year/mileage Avalon will not fetch more resale dollars than the Camry. That said you will get: More luxury, features, reliability, room, and build quality with the Avalon hands down. This is good news for the buyer – not so great for the owner wanting to get a fair value amount for the sale of his/her likely beloved Avalon. The Avalon XLS is arguably twice the car of the Camry especially if you are looking for room and luxury. If one can get passed the Blah exterior design and the Plastiwood interior that can fade out all too soon this could be in my opinion considered one of the used car industry’s 10 best values especially in the budget minded < $4000 range cars available. Great leather, paint quality (unless abused or not maintained) - these should still be humming along like new 12 – 15 years later and on and on and on… If I do not rate all areas a solid 10 it is because I compare all cars to the benchmarks; Lexus, BMW . Mercedes and Audi’s. This car may not get you to the pool area of the Best Luxury Car party – but it will get you in and for the price of a Camry which won’t get you into the neighborhood. Not to put the Camry down – great little car and depending on the time of day; people’s choice but have these people driven the Avalon before they made their decision? – In my experience it never occurred to them. Toyota marketing team got too comfortable in their Avalon and fell asleep at the wheel."

RELIABE TOYOTA AVALON FROM 1999

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, dependable, excellent ride, quiet"

"This car was purchased new in 1999 and now its the most reliable car ever had it ranks #1 from a great reliability history 15 years in row. My Avalon drives better than most vehicles as rentals and relatives I've been riding in its smooth ride and great V6 engine gives perfect acceleration to the car at anytime. Car is comfortable on long trips traveling out of town or state I always have the oil changed every 3k miles with high synthetic oil due to high mileage on motor, (Tire rotations and changing fluids doing oil changes as well). I Love my car very comfortable affordable at its age and still gives the luxury every time driving my Avalon. Engine: Transmission both running strong without needed any major high expensive repairs even there isn't no rust or paint chips anywhere around car its 2 tone/green exterior factory paint I got to say looks excellent for the age it is. I be driving this car hard even running on surfaces as rocks and other debris still holding up well being a 15 year old car. Only things that was replaced on the Avalon were brakes, CVs, timing chain, all new belts, alternator, struts, batteries, water pump and fuel injector ''etc''. Avalon is quiet and being if not a luxury car the size it is this vehicle rides just like a Buick having all the best features in its class. I'm planning to drive it many more miles before time for a new car replaced but might last even longer as think probably give another 30 more years or so. Reliable Toyota Ever Owned or Drove."

Overall an amazingly designed vehicle.

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, price, resale value, great investment"

Cons: "Minor-Exterior appearance,"

"Its not a Lexus but it sure feels like it, which makes sense because its designs and mechanics are very similar if not exact. For its price, the consumer is getting outstanding reliability, great fuel efficiency (considering the size of the family car, and size of the engine), a comfortable smooth ride, in a classy spacious interior, equipped with an award winning engine. It's outdoor appearance it's deceiving, but the xls provides a leather, wood trim, and electrical everything including a moonroof which comes in handy every time."

It always gets you there and back home. Reliable!

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "Reliable. Excellent legroom front and esp. rear."

Cons: "Rides low and exceleration is moderate."

"I bought the 1995 Avalon XLS new in '95. I currently have 422,000 plus miles with the original engine and original transmission.Friends still cannot believe that I still have this car and use it everyday. No one believes the miles on it until they look at the odometer. I always hear,..."You got your monies worth.""

VERY RELIABLE AUTOMOBILE

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, equipped, seats, cheap maintaining,"

Cons: "replaced head gaskets"

"Had the car since new in 1997. I still love it might be out to date now but a excellent transportation runs like a champ. My Avalon XLS is fully loaded everything original except did replace some minor things nothing like a warranty issue hasn't gone wrong with this car. This car drives brand new the first day I bought it on having comfortable seats and best ride ever. I highly recommend it after having excellent ownership in 17 years when purchased it new off the lot. She has plenty of power and lots of pep in engine/transmission it is important to take extremely care of those major electronics because car will last a long time on lots of miles."