1996 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 308 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

I love my car!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, good mileage, reliable, good ride."

Cons: "Smooth steering does not "feel" the road."

"Bought this car used at 2 yrs of age in 1997. I have always enjoyed driving, packing, and traveling in this car! The TRUNK is awsome! Load it up and it still gets 29 MPG on the road! I kept wondering when I was going to have to replace it, but in 19 years have only replaced the torque converter, front axles (cheaper than replacing just the CV boots now), a water pump and fuel pump (just last year), and then just general maintenance! Changed the oil religiously every 3K miles. I did have to replace the sub-woofers in the doors when one finally started rattling 2 years ago. Car is Quiet! Sound is great! Mileage is great! Still a good car if it has been maintained!"

high milage,but it doesn't seem to be a problem.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "great ride"

Cons: "no mud-guards"

"l like this car,and just like that other owner,l think l also would be sad to see it sold."

Attractive Toyota Avalon -owned by elderly lady

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "Low mileage, new tires, passed emiss 2014,ex cond"

Cons: "19 yrs old"

"Only 130,00 miles Champaign color, no dents or scratches, seats and carpet in excellent condition, practically new tires, drives good, no mechanical defects, complete maintenance records, emission passed Feb 2014 Asking $2800 as is, may get mechanics review"

great gas mileage very reliable nice car

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "very reliable 29 mpg on fwy nice to drive"

Cons: "???"

"I bought a 1996 Avalon used it had about 140000 miles on it I've been driving it for years I put about 130000 miles on it since I've owned it and I'm very confidant that whoever i sell it to should be able to get at least another 1000000 miles out of it no problem"

Most reliable and low maintenance car I ever owned

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "reliable, low maintenance, quality, rust-proof"

Cons: "2 dinky cup holders, easily knocking engine"

"This car has lasted me a long time. And it will continue to run past 200K if oil is changed on time and it is not raced. The car is very comfortable to drive in, I would take it for a ride instead of a Lexus SUV I own. The interior design is falls apart with age, but everything remains functional. For example, the leather seats wear out, but the dash remains all workable. The seats still function, and windows. All the service I did on it was replace water pump and timing belt to make it last. Those are the 2 things that can make or break this car. Some Avalons we owned, we did not replace oil on time, or it was low on oil, the engine starts knocking and then the engine is a gonner. So important to check the oil level occasionally, or suffer having to replace the engine. The oil pressure in the car is higher than others at idle, therefore, overall the oil in this car is high pressures to make sure the engine runs lubricated all over, that is what makes it last long. If water pump and timing belt aren't replaced after 100K then I don't recommend buying the car. My father owns only these models of cars (1995-1996) are the best because they don't rust, EVER. We use synthetic oil and it runs like a clock. The paint wears off with time on 1997-1998 more than 1995-1996. Other maintenance work that was done was usual replacement of oil, filter, air filter, tires, brakes, pads... Overall a very low maintenance and reliable car."

See if you qualify for