1996 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 323 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

True Blue

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "Best riding vehicle I have been in."

Cons: "Strut noise early on in car's life. Had to replac"

"This car is the best car I have ever owned. Purchased it new and will keep it forever. Only have done routine maintenance with timing belt at 100K and strut bearing replacement at 80K. This is a car made for a comfortable ride and drives like dream. Cruises easily at 80 mph."

Hate to let it go

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Best price, value, performance, and dependability"

Cons: "thieves like them too much"

"I purchased my Avalon used in 1999 with 65000 miles already on it. It was my first non-American manufactured vehicle, but the price was so much better than comparable cars at the time. The car was not equipped with leather interior, but my wife got the dealer to install it. That actually gave the car a "showroom new" appearance, so we were quite pleased with our purchase. The rest is a near story-book like relationship - we almost lived happily ever after. I've now owned the car for 12 worry-free years. The only cost beyond regular maintenance (gas,oil tires, brakes) has been the replacement of the air conditioner evaporator in May 2011. I've never had a single problem other than that until two months ago. Someone broke in through the driver's door and tried to steal the car by jamming something into the ignition, damaging both. I was able to fix the ignition by re-aligning the tumblers with my key. I also fixed the door, but a few days later it failed to open and had to be repaired again - three more times. Finally, I took it to a dealer, but they want $2600 to fix it, and the car is only worth about $2000 according to KBB. So, I'm now looking to buy another, newer Avalon. I remember the ad campaign years ago for Toyota: "Oh what a feeling!" It featured proud owner's jumping up"

best car I have owned

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "comfort and reliability"

"I have driven over half of the US and never had any trouble, rides well in town and on the highway, is VERY comfortable inside, has been a wise investment"

best car ever own

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "very nice ride"

Cons: "High miles"

"One of the best cars I owned also have a chevy malbui and the avlon can beat the chevy any day of the week."

I will buy another.

By on Saturday, October 01, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, Spacious Interior, Low Maintenance, and will run until the wheels fall off"

Cons: "Grandpa styling"

"Lexus is my favorite brand. It is also outside of my budget. However, buying this Avalon used with barely 100,000 miles was a steal. It has transported me and so many others all across Metro Phoenix, an 80 mile north to south tip city, but also on several road trips to Vegas, LA, and San Diego. Very little maintenance is needed. I changed the battery, power steering pump and belts on the engine all for under $400. The car will run for more than another 100, 000 miles by just keeping it maintained."